News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

We never know if a character will look good in their comic costumes or not until they try it out. Remember the Wonder Woman costume for the tv show last year? It just didn't work and looked weird. Look at all the changes they made to the Superman costume for the upcoming movie. They updated it to look cooler and more modern. No more speedos over the long tights which is something I never understood the practicality of.

We never know if a character will look good in their comic costumes or not until they try it out. Remember the Wonder Woman costume for the tv show last year? It just didn't work and looked weird. Look at all the changes they made to the Superman costume for the upcoming movie. They updated it to look cooler and more modern. No more speedos over the long tights which is something I never understood the practicality of.

Has any of the early comic book creators actually answered this question before? Questions of my childhood...

Majority of people still hate the no underwear Superman suit.

His X-Force costume might look good in the movies.
Yeah, that's at least not ridiculous.

But I feel like you can't go backwards. It's one thing if secret identity was important in those movies and to really get hyped Wolverine put the cowl on, but after 4 movies of Drifter Joe in his Brett Favre casuals, it's kinda hard to put a mask on him now.

Majority of people still hate the no underwear Superman suit.
I think that's one of those "dumb in principle, works in practice" kinda things. In the pictures, pause, it stands out and makes you think...the hell did they do. But in the trailers, I didn't really care/notice/have a reason to look.

It's like Anne Hathaway in TDKR. In pictures, it didn't exactly look right, but in action it was legit.

Last edited:
It's like Anne Hathaway in TDKR. In pictures, it didn't exactly look right, but in action it was legit.

It works in pics.

The underwear over the spandex is pretty much to break the whole suit up, not looking like one piece of spandex. In comics, it works, the same with bright colors and weird designs, like muscles and veins bigger the the head of the person. Exaggerations tends to enhance comics visually but in movies, in real life, it tends to look costumey and fake.

A good example is Dr. Fate and StarGirl in Smallville, this thing looks like a Halloween costume from Target. Colors is just difficult to translate to real life action movies and those that looks decent has to be toned down or altered.

I mean seriously, would you take a high budget film that has a team running around in these? These costumes are decent for cosplaying and budget can make them look cooler but w/o toning down the colors, they'll just look like clowns. See the crappy high budget Smallville Dr Fate and StarGirl costumes again.

I think even Hugh Jackman would look ridiculous in one of these especially if you are trying to take a comic book movie seriously.

Last edited:
Is it still considered underwear if you wear it over your pants? weebey.gif
That's a good question. Like the tree falling in the forest thing people always think about. Your post made me think about Quailman wearing his tighty-whity's over his shorts.

Is it still considered underwear if you wear it over your pants? weebey.gif
That's a good question. Like the tree falling in the forest thing people always think about. Your post made me think about Quailman wearing his tighty-whity's over his shorts.

It was also called trunks at one point, which it looks like it in the OG Superman.
220px-Superman14.jpg

Main reason from what I read a while back is that back then, those circus strong men that lift those barbells with circle weight at the ends used to wear trunks and belts with spandex. So back then, it was a sign of strength and power.
4053011_f260.jpg

After we've all seen TDKR and know how awesome Anne was in it, it works, and even after they casted her, most people thought it'd work. But when they first started releasing pics, most people said "ehhhhhh, doesn't look quite right."

Principle was probably the wrong word. Paused. You grab a still shot, and maybe something that wouldn't stand out, does. Judging from the trailer, I don't think Supes' tights are like a Dr. Manhattan thing or anything.

I still think about how hot Michelle Pfeiffer looked in her Catwoman suit. She was looking like a sexy dominatrix :smokin.

After we've all seen TDKR and know how awesome Anne was in it, it works, and even after they casted her, most people thought it'd work. But when they first started releasing pics, most people said "ehhhhhh, doesn't look quite right."

I remember the majority liking her initial pics, it was the goggles turning into ears that got a 50/50 reaction. I always thought she looked good in the pics.

I remember the majority liking her initial pics, it was the goggles turning into ears that got a 50/50 reaction. I always thought she looked good in the pics.

The goggles were a part of it, but it was the whole thing.
She just looked curveless and awkward in those first pictures.

Anne Hathaway Responds to Catwoman Criticism

Last edited:
So ant man is an avenger?

Does he tie into future avenger movies :nerd:

Also is there any more Star Trek movies planned? I see this girl trying out or GOG but I don't want her missing from y Star Trek series :lol:

^
Yeah, Antman is one of the original Avengers.

I'm sure more Star Trek movies will be on the way, they won't stop at just 2. They'll need to find a new director since JJ Abrams is doing Star Wars now.

The goggles were a part of it, but it was the whole thing.
She just looked curveless and awkward in those first pictures.

Anne Hathaway Responds to Catwoman Criticism

To be fair I am only basing my memory on NTs reaction. Critics be damned! If I looked, I could probably find an article that likes the whole outfit too, just too lazy.

^
Yeah, Antman is one of the original Avengers.

I'm sure more Star Trek movies will be on the way, they won't stop at just 2. They'll need to find a new director since JJ Abrams is doing Star Wars now.

JJ will still produce Star Trek in the future.

Anne's looked "worked" is an understatment. That ***** was lookin all sorts of right.
It worked for damn sure in the movie after everyone saw it.

I just mean in the early days, when it's just a pic here and there to judge from.
Some things that put off people in the pics, might be fine in action.

That was all in reference to refer to the Superman trunks thing.

Last edited:
Anne's looked "worked" is an understatment. That ***** was lookin all sorts of right.
It worked for damn sure in the movie after everyone saw it.

I just mean in the early days, when it's just a pic here and there to judge from, somethings that might put off then, might be fine in action.

I was just using it to refer to the Superman trunks thing.

Superman trunks is completely different though, it is about tradition, like changing Spidermans eyes or removing Batmans ears. Those trunks are practically part of his signature, he started it iirc and most want a Superman that still sticks to that tradition.

The first leaked pic of Hathaway in the Batpod was an instant hit on NT iirc, and when they saw the leaked set pics with Anne riding it but from the back view, it was game over. :lol:

What? Most people talking aren't against it cuz of tradition.

They just don't want Superbulge in their face.

Last edited:
What? Most people aren't against it cuz of tradition.

They just don't want Superbulge in their face.

Yes hey are, go google the same type of article you found for Catwoman and you'll see. Go to the SuperHeroHype forum and read what the comic book nerds are saying about it. Some has started to like it more and more but you are definitely one of the very few to mention his bulge, not even one person I remember mentioning that in the Man of Steel thread here on NT. Doubt me in anything I write but when it comes to Superman, I am a big blue boy scout fanboy first and foremost and I know what most Superman fan communities are saying.

Back
Top Bottom