News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

First Look at Jamie Foxx as Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2

URL]

The Spider-Man reboot was buns and I have no faith in the sequel. I like the actors they're casting, but not the casting itself. I love Jamie Foxx and Paul Giamatti, but not as Electro and Rhino.

I feel like every other comic/superhero movie franchise of the last few years is getting better while Spider-Man is getting worse. Iron Man, Superman, Wolverine, and Thor all look really good to me, but the more I see of Spider-Man, the worse it looks.

Spider-Man movies >>>> Wolverine movies sadly enough because Wolverine is one of the best characters in Marvel

Tom Hiddleston in Talks to Play The Crow

After playing Loki, God of Mischief, in Marvel Studios' Thor, last year's blockbuster Marvel's The Avengers, and returning in the role later this year for the sequel Thor: The Dark World, British actor Tom Hiddleston may be switching from villain to hero as he's in early talks to play Eric Draven in Relativity Media's reimagining of James O' Barr's gothic comic character The Crow.

Previously turned into a 1994 cult movie starring the late Brandon Lee, the concept involves a man who returns from death to get revenge on those who killed him, a movie which spawned a number of sequels. O'Barr wrote the original comic to deal with the death of his girlfriend.

This new version will be directed by Spanish filmmaker F. Javier Guttierez from a script by Cliff Dorfman (Warrior) with production planned to start in the fall depending on various factors. Ed Pressman (Pressman Film), Kevin Misher (Misher Films) are producing with Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh, Jeff Most and others.

The popular British actor pushed for the role over dinner with the producers after doing his own make-up test in London with plans to do full makeup tests before making a final decision.

Previously, Scottish actor James McAvoy was up for the role but Hiddleston is arguably a much bigger star with a huge female fanbase that could bring in a much larger audience for this version of The Crow.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=103218

Tom Hiddleston in Talks to Play The Crow

After playing Loki, God of Mischief, in Marvel Studios' Thor, last year's blockbuster Marvel's The Avengers, and returning in the role later this year for the sequel Thor: The Dark World, British actor Tom Hiddleston may be switching from villain to hero as he's in early talks to play Eric Draven in Relativity Media's reimagining of James O' Barr's gothic comic character The Crow.

Previously turned into a 1994 cult movie starring the late Brandon Lee, the concept involves a man who returns from death to get revenge on those who killed him, a movie which spawned a number of sequels. O'Barr wrote the original comic to deal with the death of his girlfriend.

This new version will be directed by Spanish filmmaker F. Javier Guttierez from a script by Cliff Dorfman (Warrior) with production planned to start in the fall depending on various factors. Ed Pressman (Pressman Film), Kevin Misher (Misher Films) are producing with Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh, Jeff Most and others.

The popular British actor pushed for the role over dinner with the producers after doing his own make-up test in London with plans to do full makeup tests before making a final decision.

Previously, Scottish actor James McAvoy was up for the role but Hiddleston is arguably a much bigger star with a huge female fanbase that could bring in a much larger audience for this version of The Crow.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=103218

reading that made me want to punch something

mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif

Last edited:
man.... if only lee didnt die....

i will hold my judgement until i actually see the crow remake.

they better not make it pg-13

I thought Warrior was dumb and Brandon Lee will always be The Crow. It was such an iconic role.

As iconic as it is, I can't picture the Crow without picturing Sting so I'm open to see what happens with Hiddleston's version :lol:

I think of that South Park episode where guys dress up as The Crow to look cool and sexy for Halloween :lol:.

I never liked the Crow comic or movie, both bored me but I get it having a cult following. That's just happens with those types of movies.

One part I don't get in that article is that Tom is a bigger name than James. Outside of their marvel movies I haven't heard of anything either of them have been in, especially Hiddleston. What movies have I missed where he's really impressed with his acting or why girls love him? :nerd: I really didn't find his Loki great and in comparison McAvoy's Prof. X portrayal was much better.

I thought Warrior was dumb and Brandon Lee will always be The Crow. It was such an iconic role.

True. James O'Barr himself has long been against doing another version as Brandon has already made the character his own.

I never liked the Crow comic or movie, both bored me but I get it having a cult following. That's just happens with those types of movies.

One part I don't get in that article is that Tom is a bigger name than James. Outside of their marvel movies I haven't heard of anything either of them have been in, especially Hiddleston. What movies have I missed where he's really impressed with his acting or why girls love him? :nerd: I really didn't find his Loki great and in comparison McAvoy's Prof. X portrayal was much better.

I dunno fambs, but for me The Crow is by far still the best and most faithful comic book adaptation ever. And I'm real biased as I'm a big fan. Got my own lil collection of Crow stuff as well.

Back
Top Bottom