Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

Imagine the fights
roll.gif
roll.gif

THAT WOULD BE HILARIOUS IF THEY RELEASED ON THE SAME DAY. I WOULD TAKE OFF WORK JUST TO SEE THE MAYHEM AROUND HOUSTON.

The Xbox One Will Not Launch On November 8 After All

Yesterday, we heard from a source at a marketing company who had seen documentation pencilling the Xbox One in for a tentative, unconfirmed November 8 launch. Today, a source close to Microsoft tells us that's not the case.

http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1342025

Imagine, 11/15. :lol:

Rumor of the day: MS will have an X1 marketplace where you can sell and buy used digital games
For the following questions please assume that Microsoft Xbox One will offer a digital marketplace where you can purchase and sell digital video games.

New digital marketplace where you can purchase and sell digital video games:
-This will be available through the systems’ premium subscription service (such as Xbox Live Gold/Playstation Plus)
-You will have the ability to purchase and sell pre-owned digital video games.
-You will have the ability to sell back/trade in your versions of digital games you have purchased.
-You will have the ability to buy pre-owned digital versions of games through the online marketplace.
-You will have a variety of prices and features available to purchase for pre-owned digital versions of games.
-All transactions will take place via digital downloads/transfers within your next generation gaming system’s digital store.
-New full game digital downloads will still be available, as will physical (disc) versions sold at retail stores/websites.
-Pre-owned disc versions of games will be able to be played on the next generation gaming system for free.
-There will be a marketplace service fee charged to the seller when they sell a digital version of a game.
To clarify, because some folks are reading it incorrectly and god forbid I post and enjoy Germany only to be yelled at by top internet men about getting things wrong.

Anyway

Digital resale is collating survey information! Not set in stone, but a direction to look at? Xbox One doing a good thing? It's Impossible!

Rumor of the day: MS will have an X1 marketplace where you can sell and buy used digital games

For the following questions please assume that Microsoft Xbox One will offer a digital marketplace where you can purchase and sell digital video games.

-This will be available through the systems’ premium subscription service (such as Xbox Live Gold/Playstation Plus)

-You will have the ability to sell back/trade in your versions of digital games you have purchased.

-You will have the ability to buy pre-owned digital versions of games through the online marketplace.

-You will have a variety of prices and features available to purchase for pre-owned digital versions of games.

-All transactions will take place via digital downloads/transfers within your next generation gaming system’s digital store.

-New full game digital downloads will still be available, as will physical (disc) versions sold at retail stores/websites.

-Pre-owned disc versions of games will be able to be played on the next generation gaming system for free.

-There will be a marketplace service fee charged to the seller when they sell a digital version of a game.

To clarify, because some folks are reading it incorrectly and god forbid I post and enjoy Germany only to be yelled at by top internet men about getting things wrong.

Anyway

Digital resale is collating survey information! Not set in stone, but a direction to look at? Xbox One doing a good thing? It's Impossible!
sounds kinda dumb
i thought u only are buying a license to play the game
idk man M$ is so confusing
why they gotta make it so difficult
all we wanna do is play a game

sounds kinda dumb
Being able to resell a downloaded game is dumb?

Maybe all YOU wanna do is play a game, I like options

sounds kinda dumb

And you can if you choose the old fashioned way and buy a disc.

Like you said, we only buy licenses. Even when we buy discs, all we're doing is buying licenses. All the disc is for is to confirm that we have purchased said license.

A digital marketplace is not really confusing.

It is essentially the same thing as going to Gamestop and seeing a new copy of a game for $59.99 placed right next to the same game, but used, for $49.99.

Both work and both contain the same content.

sounds kinda dumb

Being able to resell a downloaded game is dumb?

Maybe all YOU wanna do is play a game, I like options
i mean with all that stuff they stirred up with drm and everything else
and now they wanna give the option to sell ur digital used games
just seems like they trying to come up with stuff
i dont think will be true

How can you tell the different between a pre-owned digital game and a new, the seller? I feel like they're doing too much. Its so confusing lol.. Why not the sell the game at a cheaper price from the jump?

How can you tell the different between a pre-owned digital game and a new, the seller? I feel like they're doing too much. Its so confusing lol.. Why not the sell the game at a cheaper price from the jump?
cause the publisher probably gonna get a cut of the resell
sounds like a money grab plain and simple
something to pacify the developers who M$ probably promised initially about initiating drm

Anyway

that's a great feature, if true

something to pacify the developers who M$ probably promised initially about initiating drm

Keep on fighting the good fight breh.

God forbid a company try to implement something new that is not only good for the consumer who choose to buy games digitally, but also generates developers more profits.

I'm assuming that you'd be able to tell whether a digital game was "used" because the license would say whether it was resold or not.

That's just my guess.

God forbid a company try to implement something new that is not only good for the consumer who choose to buy games digitally, but also generates developers more profits.
Yeah, like I said this is a great idea.

Being able to resell a game is why I'd rather have it on disc, then dl it to my hdd.

If this rumor is true, I'd have very little reason to cop discs.

When I can just dl a game, sell it, then delete it when I'm done.

This is what they were planing to do originally with the old concept. This is just a step to get more ppl on board to go digital.

why not digitally rent games? its essentially the same thing, if you're just gonna resell your digital copy after you're finished with it?

Sounds like a good idea.

But what exactly is a "used digital game"?

That part of it doesn't make any sense.

why not digitally rent games? its essentially the same thing, if you're just gonna resell your digital copy after you're finished with it?
I should have been more clear. I was speaking upon new releases. If we're talking about cheap digital games, I'd probably just "keep" them.

The most expensive digital game I've bought was $25. Anything over that, I'm buying the disc. I don't see the point for buying at dl-able game at retail when you can just buy the disc copy for less money and dl it to your console.
Sounds like a good idea.

But what exactly is a "used digital game"?

That part of it doesn't make any sense.
I would assume people would be able to tell that your digital game has been sold several times.

Let's say a game company allows ppl with "new" digital games to dl exclusive content.

Maybe the buyer of the "used" digital game wouldn't be able to dl that exclusive content b/c the game company or whoever detects that your digital copy is used.

Thereby making you pay for said exclusive content.

Last edited:
Nobody is being forced to do this... The reason I've never sold a game is because of the inconvenience that may or may not change now but at least somebody's trying to innovate

Its MS bro

To some people everything they do is just bad and corrupt money hungry garbage :lol:

I've never seen a bunch of consumers be so adverse to any change in the way things have always been done.
Do I think this digital resell marketplace is something that'll happen? Probably not.
But for people to take issue with being able to resell your game instantly from your console is ridiculous, the concept is beyond convenient. The only person that should be against the concept is GameStop and I'm hoping they disappear like blockbuster.

To be honest, I wouldnt play half the games I do without trade-ins. Off setting the cost really allows your to stretch your wallet.

Back
Top Bottom