Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

legit xbox fan that is 100% hating on xbox one.

This.

Somebody please clear this up for me, is it true you must have the kinect connect to the system to play it? And that every system will come with one? So inevitably if I want the Xbox One, I have to pay for a kinect that I would NEVER use.

Last edited:
Kinect is in every XB1 bundle

Idk about this generation... 360 is my bae, ps3 my BD player

Will wait til e3 to decide

Kinect is in every XB1 bundle

Idk about this generation... 360 is my bae, ps3 my BD player

Will wait til e3 to decide
laugh.gif
 true

Last edited:
Clearly PS fan boys.

i have an xbox 360, ps3, wii, first gen xbox, game cube, and ps2

99% of my playing time has been on the xbox consoles. I have played probably less than 2 hours worth of games on the ps2 and ps3 combined. I did play a few games on the gamecube. I have not touched the wii since 2007 :x

The xbox one sounds very disappointing to me. Focusing on TV rather than games. Focusing on gimmicks like Kinect instead of better graphics. Not to mention all the other stuff like 24 online check, etc. It sounds like garbage.

It can still redeem itself if the games that will be announced are good. I have a feeling that there will be alot of kinect games though so :smh:

Don't the graphics usually depend on the developer though? I mean compare two games like CoD and BF.

i have an xbox 360, ps3, wii, first gen xbox, game cube, and ps2

99% of my playing time has been on the xbox consoles. I have played probably less than 2 hours worth of games on the ps2 and ps3 combined. I did play a few games on the gamecube. I have not touched the wii since 2007
sick.gif

The xbox one sounds very disappointing to me. Focusing on TV rather than games. Focusing on gimmicks like Kinect instead of better graphics. Not to mention all the other stuff like 24 online check, etc. It sounds like garbage.

It can still redeem itself if the games that will be announced are good. I have a feeling that there will be alot of kinect games though so
mean.gif
holy **** man, only 2 hours on ps2 and ps3 combined?!  
sick.gif

get into it man 
laugh.gif

Don't the graphics usually depend on the developer though? I mean compare two games like CoD and BF.
yes that is true in some ways.  if you gave a dev a CPU that could do an infinite amount of calculations and a GPU that could interpret and render them all flawlessly, any developer could make anything happen.  most devs though have to rely on a calculated amount of both cpu and gpu as well as take into account the myriad of pcs that are going to be playing their ****.  that's why the first crysis was such a hit AND such a failure.  those devs just pushed their machines to the max and didn't even stop to think about how anyone was going to be able to play the damn thing.....the highest end machines were chugging along at 25 fps.  cod and bf actually run at the same fps using the same machine, each dev just decided to focus on different things.  

Last edited:
if you had a cpu that could do infinite calculations you wouldnt need a gpu
tongue.gif

but yeah, great graphics are all about the devs

Last edited:
if you had a cpu that could do infinite calculations you wouldnt need a gpu
tongue.gif

but yeah, great graphics are all about the devs
Of course, it's up to the developer to deliver; they are solely responsible for the product that ends up on shelves. Honestly, you can create a great looking game on ANY hardware no matter how limited it is. It all depends on how talented you are. However, you will be limited and have to make compromises in certain areas to accommodate for others. Companies like Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Nintendo, Capcom don't have this problem. They are so fundamentally sound that they always produce great looking games no matter the platform. When you reach the level they are on you make the hardware work for you, not the other way around.

The CoD developers have no idea what they're doing. They are a prime example of both being limited by their hardware and having no talent to work around it. I can't get over them showcasing that Fish A.I, dogs and those horrible looking arms. The point is you shouldn't have to highlight any of these things if the game you are showcasing is actually "next-gen"  innovative and most importantly good. The roach A.I in half-life is smarter than most enemy A.I in modern games. That's sad.

Last edited:
sick.gif

View media item 428282

get into it man 
laugh.gif

Shadow of the colossus takes an hour from that. I played FF10 for like 10 min. I tried but just can't get into that turned based stuff. I also have Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank collecting dust somewhere :smh:. I also have Kingdom Hearts and Okami which I also tried for like 5 min before getting bored. Also, God of War which seemed boring to me since I had just recently played Ninja Gaiden Black :wow:

sick.gif

View media item 428282

get into it man 
laugh.gif

Shadow of the colossus takes an hour from that. I played FF10 for like 10 min. I tried but just can't get into that turned based stuff. I also have Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank collecting dust somewhere :smh:. I also have Kingdom Hearts and Okami which I also tried for like 5 min before getting bored. Also, God of War which seemed boring to me since I had just recently played Ninja Gaiden Black :wow:

you played FFX for ten minutes? bruh did you even get past blitzball opening scene

exactly was my point...that and they are really trying to deter the whole pirating scene. Companies never really talk directly...or often times at all about things like this...but you have to know it is an important factor to them... ie...the useless so called "needed" firmware updates...etc. Someone earlier said gamestop etc existed before trade ins, and this is true, but the whole trade in games/used game market is what has kept them afloat. Outside of techie geeks and these so called hatdcpre gamers...vast majority of ppl when going to a gamestop etc.. is to trade in something or looking to buy something used. Most ppl seriously dont go out their way, passing several walmarts/targets/best buys etc... just to buy a game at a video game specialty store.

Rental of games and used games and systems is a multi million dollar a year business in which the game makers and system makers arent making a dime from..and infact losing money from. Why wouldnt they want a piece of the pie.
I use Gamestop for this simple reason.  If my game were to get cracked or broken within a year I would be able to return it and get new game for free.  My Xbox 360 ruined a couple of my games and it was well worth it for me to pay the extra 3 bucks per game.    I Also  like the extra DLC that would come with certain games for pre ordering from Gamestop.  As long as they are able to continue to offer services like this they will be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom