NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
jacksonvillejaguarsvmin.jpg
jacksonvillejaguarsvmin.jpg

:smokin

Every since my all time favorte player Barry Sanders (the BEST running back to EVER play this game) retired, this guy (Adrian Peterson) has been the guy that I go for (Mike Vick too). Hands down though Adrian Peteron is the best RB in the game since Barry Sanders has been gone. Period.

There's no doubt. I hope he has a monstrous year to re-establish that fact. Seems like people always want to forget about him.

Fins i have no comment ..just hope for better outcome next week

Agreed, it's crazy cause the gameplan worked for most of the first half. Held them to 3 points late into the 2nd quarter but,... then came the tipped passes putting them in great field position ... was a wrap after that ..

Even last year, I didn't really think the Pack were as good as their regular season record (of course they achieved their record so I know....) if it makes sense. You can't be that one dimensional and on top of that not even have a defense that can consistently stop people. I think this season will be a big wake-up call for them. Honeymoon from that Superbowl is over.

Also, what's up with CJ28? That's my fav. back in the league and pretty bad outing yesterday.

Skins :nthat:......RGIII makes us such a tough out this year. Takes a world of pressure of the defense. More balanced receiving corps, Alfred Morris runs too violently and wait until Roy Helu Jr. gets healthier. I mean I've been saying NFC East Champs since draft day, but maybe I'll just go ahead and put us in the Sbowl this year, this early. I honestly don't see how anyone can handle us, no bias....

Even last year, I didn't really think the Pack were as good as their regular season record (of course they achieved their record so I know....) if it makes sense. You can't be that one dimensional and on top of that not even have a defense that can consistently stop people. I think this season will be a big wake-up call for them. Honeymoon from that Superbowl is over.
Also, what's up with CJ28? That's my fav. back in the league and pretty bad outing yesterday.
Skins :nthat:......RGIII makes us such a tough out this year. Takes a world of pressure of the defense. More balanced receiving corps, Alfred Morris runs too violently and wait until Roy Helu Jr. gets healthier. I mean I've been saying NFC East Champs since draft day, but maybe I'll just go ahead and put us in the Sbowl this year, this early. I honestly don't see how anyone can handle us, no bias....

I don't know about all that my dude.....NFC East Champs? SB? I am a realistic local Skins guy, but that is extreme. :lol: I was projecting 6-8 wins and I thought that was a stretch.

The Skins have a tough schedule this year with very few weak opponents. Don't get too gassed off just ONE game.

Slow down bro. Let's take it week by week.

RGIII played very well and it was a big win for us. Let's leave it at that.

Slow down bro. Let's take it week by week.
RGIII played very well and it was a big win for us. Let's leave it at that.

I don't know about all that my dude.....NFC East Champs? SB? I am a realistic local Skins guy, but that is extreme. :lol: I was projecting 6-8 wins and I thought that was a stretch.
The Skins have a tough schedule this year with very few weak opponents. Don't get too gassed off just ONE game.

Last year we swept the Giants, could have and should have beat the Boys twice. We were very competitive in a lot of games, but couldn't finish. This year the NFL is wide open. And I'm not sold on the 49ers. As much as they dominated the Packers yesterday, the Packers were a Jordy Nelson grab away from possibly forcing overtime. And the Packers did not play well at all. I'm not emotionally overreacting off of one game, I just feel that the "elite" teams are a bit overrated. NFC East Champs I'll stand by, the SB comment may be reaching but got to aim big lol...

And what do yall feel are our most glaring weaknesses? I do know that the Saints game got nervously close though towards the end. We still need to put teams away and stomp them when they're down.

Last year we swept the Giants, could have and should have beat the Boys twice. We were very competitive in a lot of games, but couldn't finish. This year the NFL is wide open. And I'm not sold on the 49ers. As much as they dominated the Packers yesterday, the Packers were a Jordy Nelson grab away from possibly forcing overtime. And the Packers did not play well at all. I'm not emotionally overreacting off of one game, I just feel that the "elite" teams are a bit overrated. NFC East Champs I'll stand by, the SB comment may be reaching but got to aim big lol...
And what do yall feel are our most glaring weaknesses? I do know that the Saints game got nervously close though towards the end. We still need to put teams away and stomp them when they're down.

The NFL is all about adjustments though. Now folks have a full game of NFL RG III on tape, and it will be good to see how the Skins react to teams taking away something RG III does good.

I'll hold off any predictions or statements like that until week 8 or so.

The Skins are still thin in the Defensive Backfield. Williams? Get that bum all the way out of here.....he had multiple penalties and kept hitting with his helmet.

The Special Teams was shakey with a blocked punt for a TD, another botched punt snap that Rocca had to field, run and kick it, and Banks muffed a few kicks.

The Skins still resorted to playing a soft prevent-esque D in the second half and let Brees pick them apart. Skins must stay agressive and put teams away. If your up by 16, keep playing the way you got there....no need to change it up.

I don't think the elite teams are overrated.....it is one game, ONE game. Anything can happen in one game and we saw good teams come out rusty like the Packers and bad teams play really well.

Last year doesn't mean much in the NFL, there is so much parody and turnover.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and optimism. I have been watching this team for 20 years so I try to stay grounded and expect very very little.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Falcons announced CB Brett Grimes' season is over. Team says he will be placed on injured reserve with Achilles injury. Brutal.

this is going to be one hell of a season...so many different story lines and possibilities this year!

here we go again with these ******** fans talking superbowl again. happens every year in the dmv smh

RGIII did good but he's going to ruin his body trying to run the ball himself like that.

WR's and RB's can be taken out of a game becuase of injury, but you don't want that to happen to your QB. 

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Falcons announced CB Brett Grimes' season is over. Team says he will be placed on injured reserve with Achilles injury. Brutal.
That's a huge loss for ATL. Their best cover corner by a country mile. Dunta and Zant better turn back the clock to their younger days.

Anyone believe Grimes is the best cover corner in the division (NFC South)? Certainly could make a legitimate argument.

MNF Predictions:

Chargers 24 Raiders 17. Rivers hits Gates twice for TDs.

Ravens 20 Bengals 17. Dalton throws two picks. Ray gets one on the ground, one in the air from Flacco. Good first game for Torrey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom