NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay Cutler to Green Bay defenders.... "good luck"

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Jay Cutler invited the Green Bay Packers' aggressive defensive backs to mix it up with Chicago Bears receivers on Thursday night at Lambeau Field.

Cutler wished Green Bay's secondary "good luck" at utilizing physical tactics against Chicago's receivers, while Brandon Marshall deadpanned, "I do welcome that."

"We've got some dudes that -- if you're gonna get up in their face -- even our speed guys are gonna get around them, and our big guys are gonna throw and go," Cutler said. "So we invite press coverage. We invite man (coverage). If we get that type of game, our guys outside have to make some plays for us."
[/QUOTE]

Jay Cutler to Green Bay defenders.... "good luck"

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Jay Cutler invited the Green Bay Packers' aggressive defensive backs to mix it up with Chicago Bears receivers on Thursday night at Lambeau Field.

Cutler wished Green Bay's secondary "good luck" at utilizing physical tactics against Chicago's receivers, while Brandon Marshall deadpanned, "I do welcome that."

"We've got some dudes that -- if you're gonna get up in their face -- even our speed guys are gonna get around them, and our big guys are gonna throw and go," Cutler said. "So we invite press coverage. We invite man (coverage). If we get that type of game, our guys outside have to make some plays for us."
[/quote]

is that really that big of a comment? "we feel we have guys that can beat press coverage". media spinning heavy at work

Welp...What's it gonna be Champ?
You're a good dude to honor the avy bet, but I'll let this one slide only because we technically agreed to the bet after the Cincy/Baltimore game had already started. Let's go double-or-nothing on another NFL bet this week or next in advance. Pure fun.

Last edited:
Damn, Pats over the 49ers? They beat the Titans while the 9ers beat GB in GB...Granted GB started to come back but still...& GB over the Falcons? Giants over Bears? Was the ESPN staff smoking that doobie while writing this up?

Steelers need offensive line help badly and a new offensive coordinator
, Haley is :x

Steelers need offensive line help badly and a new offensive coordinator
, Haley is :x

Nah dude. Haley is fine. I was cool with the game he called. Understood exactly what he was trying to do but we didn't get performance from the o-line to do it. Worried about our DBs too (Ike Taylor included). With Polamalu getting older & not able to cover ground like he used to, our DBs are getting exposed. Hoping Carnell Lake can work miracles but not sure he has the personnel to do that...Troy used to be able to gamble & recover quickly if he guessed wrong but now he can't. Demaryius Thomas' TD Sunday night kinda highlighted that. Sucks seeing Troy looking like a mere mortal...

Yea man, Troy is getting up there in years, issue is Clark wasn't playing, Clark allows Troy to play upfront where he's most effective IMO, and plus Peyton was hardly getting pressed ( no Harrison and no Troy up front ) but I hated all those ******g draw plays, bromine the ball up, stick a ******g FB/TE in it and run the rock, and Ben throw the ******g ball :lol:

^ It's only week 1. Gonna by a long season. We'll see how everything shakes out...

Yo ChampCruThick-
What's the word on Mike Adams? Is he gonna shed the Mike Oher impression he's doing & be able to pull it together? Please tell me there's hope for this Buckeye...Please?

^ It's only week 1. Gonna by a long season. We'll see how everything shakes out...
Yo ChampCruThick-
What's the word on Mike Adams? Is he gonna shed the Mike Oher impression he's doing & be able to pull it together? Please tell me there's hope for this Buckeye...Please?
Even right after the Draft, Pittsburgh fans knew to be more worried about Adams than DeCastro. Adams has physical gifts and athleticism, but suffers from mental lapses and poor attitude. Know he injured his knee in preseason against the Eagles. Slight scare.

Good performance against the Broncos by all accounts. Risky second-round pick by Tomlin but could pay dividends. Just got to keep Big Mike motivated and focused. Out of trouble off the field.

Cam Heyward will produce for LeBeau and the Steelers. Good motor, works hard on the field. Another Buckeye. :nthat:

Sucks David got hurt, he looked solid from the word "go". Adams? Ugh I'll give him some time I guess

Sucks David got hurt, he looked solid from the word "go". Adams? Ugh I'll give him some time I guess
Torn MCL for DeCastro, right? Heard he will still return this season, late. David's a Steelers player. Nasty, physical, gritty, tough.

Let's chalk up Week 1 as a positive performance for Adams.

Aaron Rodgers is not living up to the bet.
mean.gif

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/11/aaron-rodgers-yeah-i-made-that-bet-but-im-totally-wussing-out/

I'm officially rooting against the Packers for the rest of the season now. I thought he would be a good sport. 

Last edited:
I'm still sticking by my Skins comments. If ppl can crown Philly NFC Champs, then I don't see the issue with saying the Skins who will win the East this year. To think we'll win 5 more games this year as reasonable is funny. But I get it, expect so little and when it's exceeded you can't get be disappointed. It's a new era in Washington football, and the ship is already sailing. The docking phase was speedy this time, we're moving :smokin.

Another long year in Oaktown lol....AFC West is the Broncos to lose.

Terrible news out of the weekend, as CBS42 News in Birmingham is reporting that the brother of Buffalo Bills tackle Marcell Dareus was one of the victims in a Sunday triple homicide in Pelham, Ala.

Simeon Gilmore, the 19-year-old brother of Dareus, died from gunshot wounds at a Pelham home, as did Casey Cumberland and Joshua Smith, both aged 22. Jon Staggs, age 20, has been charged with three counts of capital murder, and is being held in Shelby County prison without bond.

Dareus, a former defensive tackle with the University of Alabama, is reportedly in transit back to Birmingham. The SEC's sacks leader in 2009 and the BCS Championship Defensive MVP in 2010, he was the third pick in the 2011 NFL draft. In his rookie season, he played in all 16 games and notched 5.5 sacks. He recorded one tackle last weekend in a loss to the Jets.

Dareus has not commented publicly on the tragedy; his Twitter account has not been updated in more than a week. The Bills' next game is at home this weekend against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom