NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it back (fantasy purposes)!? Man Bears were dominated tonight, Pack should've won by 30

Cutler had to rush that throw due to poor pass protection yet again, he has 2 seconds to throw

“It’s all about matchups,” the receiver said. “I’m 6-5, 230 pounds and there’s not too many DB’s walking around that big. If they want to get physical, I do welcome that.”
packers-tramon-williams-2.jpg

Honestly Deadset, I just miss good ol' fashioned defenses. They don't let you touch the receivers much these days. And don't get me started about the protection the QBs get :x

Now the basic defensive package is the nickel :lol:

Oh well. It's what the "casual" NFL fan loves. More offense. The NFL knows the more invested football fans aren't going to stop watching any time soon. So they can certainly afford to do what they need to attract more viewers. And unfortunately, that's more points.

Hey I've always maintained I like the NFL of old better.

no doubt. you've been ringing that bell for a while now. and i mean for you, the steelers were built on that style for years. it's just in the past week there's been so many posts about not running the ball (some of which we've seen is just total misconception).

Honestly Deadset, I just miss good ol' fashioned defenses. They don't let you touch the receivers much these days. And don't get me started about the protection the QBs get :x
Now the basic defensive package is the nickel :lol:
Oh well. It's what the "casual" NFL fan loves. More offense. The NFL knows the more invested football fans aren't going to stop watching any time soon. So they can certainly afford to do what they need to attract more viewers. And unfortunately, that's more points.

i totally hear you about defenses. i don't even think it's about the defenses though...it's about the rule changes, as you mentioned. it encourages passing. im telling you though, as teams keep drafting to help stop the pass, the league will shift back to a more balanced attack. how do you neutralize speed rushers and nickel and dime packages? you run.

Last edited:
So, the Lions are looking good for a loss this weekend against the Niners and the Vikings have a decent shot at going 2-0...First place yo!
:lol:

Lions getting the W :smokin

Bears looked awful. Can't wait to see what Detroits d-line does to Cutler, going to be ugly :x :smokin

Anyone else check out Charles Woodson's interview? He was asked about matching up with difficult bigger receivers and said it was the same out Jay out there, all they had to do was play their position and he would throw them the ball :lol:

Last edited:
Overreaction Thursdays

joined today and 30 posts?

i wonder how long you last.

bears aint winning that division, it was never theirs to begin with :lol: that was from overreaction Mondays after the Packers played a tough / close game against the maybe the best defense in the NFL

Overreaction Thursdays

joined today and 30 posts?

i wonder how long you last.

bears aint winning that division, it was never theirs to begin with
laugh.gif
that was from overreaction Mondays after the Packers played a tough / close game against the maybe the best defense in the NFL
Nice comeback...Good luck this week in the League about Nothing this week 
glasses.gif

Whether they win the division or not..They should still be a playoff team imo, only the second game...

:lol: every year Cutler tricks everyone into believing that he's one of the best but never disappoints. This dude is trash.

And as we already know hes a punk.I didn't see it mentioned on here so idk if it was shown on TV but did anyone see Cutler kick Woodson in the ribs? Woodson blitzed and fell at the feet of Cutler. As Cutler stood above him he kicked him and Woodson got right into his face and had to be separated.

As I got home I see Chucks interview. "We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it's the same-old Jay. We don't need luck; Jay will throw us the ball." :lol: there's a reason Woodson said that.

My dude Clay :smokin

I need a gif of Driver doin his dancing with the stars touchdown celebration :nerd:

What a dominating person by the defense today. :pimp: :pimp:

Offense still seems a tick off, but I'm sure that'll get shored up in the coming weeks. When and if we get the lights out offense rolling + defensive performances just like the one tonight, watch out. 8)

Still LOL'ing @ Cutler's 'Good luck' comment that he issued earlier this week.

Always fun to see jay smugster get beat up

Unfortunately i didnt see it. Thanks alot NFL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom