NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Pats want a 2nd round pick from Ryan Mallett, they can just flip him for Brandon Harris. Would accomplish the same.

@RapSheet: The 5-year contract for #Vikings DE Everson Griffen is for $42.5M with $20 guaranteed. Pass-rushers are getting paid, too, along with CBs
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

@RapSheet: The 5-year contract for #Vikings DE Everson Griffen is for $42.5M with $20 guaranteed. Pass-rushers are getting paid, too, along with CBs
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Yikes. I like Griffen, but I don't know. Still hoping they get what I thought was a shoe-in in Michael Johnson.

I have to say I've barely ever seen Michael Johnson play. But he has one double digit sack year and is coming off a 3.5 sack campaign. I hear he's a really good run stopper but we need all the pass rush we can get. Would he really be worth the money we'd have to pay to get him?

What worries me about him is he has played for Cincinnati. Meaning that D-front was great. I don't want the second coming of Ray Edwards, but the sloppy seconds version. The one thing I'm confident about is Zimmer. He will know if he was a product of that line or if individual can be producing as the guy.

I have to say I've barely ever seen Michael Johnson play. But he has one double digit sack year and is coming off a 3.5 sack campaign. I hear he's a really good run stopper but we need all the pass rush we can get. Would he really be worth the money we'd have to pay to get him?

Johnson was better than his numbers indicate.

Fully agree, I can't tell you the number of disruptive plays he made along with allowing others to get the numbers. He is a great player , often watching games he seemed like the best player on that line. That's crazy

Wanna go a lil deeper into that? :lol:

Lol, yeah. He's a great run stuffer, he has pass rushing ability but is worse in that regard compared to Bennett. Extremely good at batting down passes at the line and makes big plays. Also considering Geno went down during the season, I'm sure it was harder for him to pressure the QB after he went down. I think Bennett is the better of the two but Johnson is younger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom