NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Browns do some big things in the draft and free agency. Wanna see my boy Josh Gordon in primetime.

Also, it's nuts that Rashard Mendenhall is only 26 years old. The past two years he's looked like a 32 year old that's taken 500 carries a year. That dude's legs were shot after just like 3-4 years in the league.

Wow it feels like he's 30, Amhad Bradshaw is only 27 :wow:

What? So this dude was like 20 when we won in 07 :lol:

Sue me but I'd rather trade back and take Brandin Cooks in the mid-first over Sammy at 7.

Sue me but I'd rather trade back and take Brandin Cooks in the mid-first over Sammy at 7.

I don't think this is crazy at all.

My dream draft day for the Lions is trading down from 10 and picking up a second 2nd rounder.

Last edited:
I really like Sammy but there's so many really good receivers in this draft that it's hard to justify taking him that high. There would have to be a Megatron-like margin between him and the other receivers in this class.

I really like Sammy but there's so many really good receivers in this draft that it's hard to justify taking him that high. There would have to be a Megatron-like margin between him and the other receivers in this class.

I said this a month ago in the draft thread and people acted like I was ******ed.

Ryan Clark has tweeted twice tonight that Miami is going after J Byrd to put next to Reshad Jones.

Some fans were tweeting Clark to sign with us and he said he can't, we goin after Byrd.

Not sure if same agent, bein lied to, makin stuff up, or really knows. Just passing along.

You don't spend that much money on a slot when your two best players already happen to be receivers.

Mendy was never the same after the Ray Lewis hit. That plus fumbles really had him starting slow.. add the fans hating him due to his personal views and SB fumble....well lot of stuff the guy had to work through. Wish him the best in life

Maybe him and Michael Moore can work on a conspiracy doc together :lol:

Well Mendenhall already said he's going to be a writer now. I don't know what he plans on writing about but that's what he said is his passion at the moment.

Latest rumors around CLE is that Browns aren't taking a QB at 4.

Jarius Byrd will be a Cleveland Brown first minute FA starts.

That is good news for them. I think drafting a QB at 4 is a bad idea. I don't like any of the QBs this year.

Byrd is a good pickup too.

Cleveland is just a decent QB away.

Pitt is getting old and Flacco is a bum.

That is good news for them. I think drafting a QB at 4 is a bad idea. I don't like any of the QBs this year.

Byrd is a good pickup too.

Cleveland is just a decent QB away.

Pitt is getting old and Flacco is a bum.
And you still think they should skip the position at #4?

I assume they're hoping Watkins is left.

^ that's why it's so tough. I think this team is in the playoffs with a decent QB. There aren't any good QBs in free agency and I don't think any of the QBs in the draft are worth a top 5 pick. I would take Bridgewater in the second. Don't think I would take Bortles in the second round.

Only free agent QB that has been good is Vick. Just worry about his health.

Last edited:
:x @ the money we gave Griffen..

How much more cap do the Vikes have left? Cassel, Sherels, Brinkley, Griffin, Dean... I want Verner damnit!

Last edited:
Literally anybody decent should do damage in the slot with BMarsh and Alshon on the outside and Forte catching passes out the backfield.

Literally anybody decent should do damage in the slot with BMarsh and Alshon on the outside and Forte catching passes out the backfield.

Not necessarily true, Earl Bennett didn't do much last year. He's one of Cutler's safety blankets but I think Wilson has much more potential.

I hope my Falcons can pick up an OL or two in FA, then hopefully we can focus on grabbing Mack and I don't have to worry about us giving up our entire draft for Clowney.

lol the problem in chicago isnt the receivers its the qb... cutler is ssoooooo overrated it isnt even funny...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom