NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets paying Decker would be like Miami paying Albert.

Who cares if you are paying good like its great?

You are in desperate need at that position and it will make your team better on day 1.

They're saying Revis would like to go back to the Jets. They would have to pay him though, no hometown discount.

They're saying Revis would like to go back to the Jets. They would have to pay him though, no hometown discount.
Also that he refused to play for the Raiders 
laugh.gif

Dude really wants to have his cake and eat it too

and what is so great about being on the jets?

I like Rex and all, but go back to a team just to see the pats take the division every year?

why would he want to go back after what happened the first time.

Didn't he have a pretty good season playing the slot before he got hurt last year?

Prob want to keep him away from a Rival.

He definitely can make some plays from the slot and did but I figured if he got a decent offer somewhere they would just let him go. Not saying it was a bad decision to keep. Hopefully working on that depth in anticipation AJ leaves...(please)

And I repeat.....NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY FOR THE DAMN RAIDERS.

Not saying anybody wants to. Read my past comment.

But to go back to the Jets, after already being on the Jets and Bucs :nerd:

I like the Jets, but I'd rather see him go somewhere new.

NE maybe.

Would love/hate to see him on the 9ers.

Bucs :lol:

Last edited:
I didn't hear he refused to play for Oakland. I heard that he refused to lower his salary for Cle and Oak. I think he'll play for whoever pays him the most. Which I respect. Football careers aren't long and players get cut too frequently now. Get money.

Him and Rex were close. That was his home so it's not surprising he would want to go back to NY. That organization and fan base worships him

I'm not sure what this Raiders fan is laughing at. The Raiders are currently the least talented team in the entire league and they play in dingy *** Oakland.

I didn't hear he refused to play for Oakland. I heard that he refused to lower his salary for Cle and Oak. I think he'll play for whoever pays him the most. Which I respect. Football careers aren't long and players get cut too frequently now. Get money.

Him and Rex were close. That was his home so it's not surprising he would want to go back to NY. That organization and fan base worships him

John Middlekauff‏@JohnMiddlekauff

To hit on @Edwerderespn tweet: Hearing Revis's agents told Oakland don't trade for me, essentially I won't play for you

I'm not sure what this Raiders fan is laughing at. The Raiders are currently the least talented team in the entire league and they play in dingy *** Oakland.

:lol:

misery loves company. neither of our teams going anywhere for a few years bud.

If that.

Haven't heard anything about Revis not wanting to be here, but like I said I don't blame him.

"I'm surprised the Broncos didn't just re-sign Antonio Rogers-Cromartie instead of giving Talib that big contract" - John McClain

Ummmm...who :lol: ?

Oh okay. All I heard was that he refused to lower his salary.

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards him going back to NY. Cle could pay him but would he play there?

And I repeat.....NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY FOR THE DAMN RAIDERS.

:lol: I mean, I can understand why...they probably have to overpay like hell but they have the money to do it
"I'm surprised the Broncos didn't just re-sign Antonio Rogers-Cromartie instead of giving Talib that big contract" - John McClain

Ummmm...who :lol: ?

Two Cromarties for 1 would be decent value :lol:

Mike ReissSometimes the New England Patriots lose players in free agency and it seems like an unwillingness to move enough off their negotiating stance is the primary reason. What unfolded late Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning was something altogether different. When cornerback Aqib Talib reached a six-year, $57 million contract with the Denver Broncos that included $26 million in bonuses and guarantees, it was simply a case of another team taking things to the outer-most limits that didn’t seem possible when the process began. The Patriots weren’t going there because of Talib’s injury history, and when the emotion is stripped away from the shock of the team losing its No. 1 corner, can you honestly blame them? I can’t… “I don’t ever believe in selling your soul for a bowl of [porridge],” Kraft said recently on 98.5 The Sports Hub. Well, the Broncos just heated up one extra-large bowl of porridge.
Whatever, give Revis what he wants. Our window is closing.

Oh okay. All I heard was that he refused to lower his salary.

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards him going back to NY. Cle could pay him but would he play there?
Jets or Pats seem like the only places that make any sense.

The more I think about it, the more terrible that Talib deal looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom