NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't say we didn't have our opportunities, redzone offense was all out pathetic. playcalling and execution

i don't care if he had a big turnover, no one can succeed behind that o-line. Vick is a warrior for even being alive after taking this beating every week
Vick took more of a beating on their first drive than most QB's take in an entire game(s).

Wait?!

Did dude really hide in the end zone on the kickoff return?!?!?
:rofl: :rofl:

I know im late but Im watching the highlights

One of the league's elite, but to you (football genius), he was always overrated? That's from the article you posted.

yeah its from silverandblackpride.com.

Are you gonna address him being a "Terrific Tackler" or change the subject again?

Last edited:
Lol, stopped reading right there. Nnamdi was a terrific tackler on the Raiders. I honestly can't believe you typed that. I'm feeling like I should ask you how many Raider games you've watched during his time here.

Then again, you think DHB > Crabtree

You're acting like Crabtree is some great WR

Both DHB and Crabtree have been disappointments.

:lol:

Last edited:
That is what kills me about the Nnamdi debate. No one ever said he couldnt play man coverage with the best of them. Like it is a slight to say he was the best press man corner in the league when he was on the Raiders. The argument is that is all he could do and I have not really seen anyone counter it.

I do remember him being pretty good in run support though *shrugs* He at least USE to try.

Last edited:
Vick is out, Reid gets another year.

I had both the cowgirls and iggles missing the playoffs, lets see if I'm right :lol:

That is what kills me about the Nnamdi debate. No one ever said he couldnt play man coverage with the best of them. Like it is a slight to say he was the best press man corner in the league when he was on the Raiders. The argument is that is all he could do and I have not really seen anyone counter it.

Obviously I'm being a ****, but I do feel like to say he's overrated is to basically say he's not a Top 5 player at his position. I understand that my opinion is that during his peak, he was in the conversation at THEE BEST, but I find it hard to believe that there were 5 Cornerbacks in the league better than him. That's all I'm saying. I'm not really interested in exactly what it is you do best if you're in the conversation as the best at your position. Now if you're saying he wasn't Top 5. Is that what my man Merton Hanks is getting at too?

Oh and to be fair, I read the link...says that Nnamdi missed 1 out of every 5 tackles, which is to say he made the tackle 80% of the time. Merton Hanks told me that Nnamdi Asomugha never makes tackles. Somebody's lying.

Last edited:
gangsta-lean-pour-liquor_o_gifsoup-com.gif

1293314561.jpg
89839630_display_image.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously I'm being a ****, but I do feel like to say he's overrated is to basically say he's not a Top 5 player at his position. I understand that my opinion is that during his peak, he was in the conversation at THEE BEST, but I find it hard to believe that there were 5 Cornerbacks in the league better than him. That's all I'm saying. I'm not really interested in exactly what it is you do best if you're in the conversation as the best at your position. Now if you're saying he wasn't Top 5. Is that what my man Merton Hanks is getting at too?

Gotcha 100%.

And yes he was Top 5.

He just does not seem like he cares anymore though.

i'm really rooting for vick every week, but there is no way anyone can succeed behind that o-line playing the way they did tonight. he literally had no time to do anything. he's still turnover prone, but if the ball hits a receivers hand, it should be caught.

watching that game literally reminded me of watching some steelers games from the past few years. ben was running for his life out there every single play, but still managed to pull out wins at the end (and this was with little to no help from the run game usually).

Oh and to be fair, I read the link...says that Nnamdi missed 1 out of every 5 tackles, which is to say he made the tackle 80% of the time. Merton Hanks told me that Nnamdi Asomugha never makes tackles. Somebody's lying.

Nnamdi abilities always overshadowed his inabilities. Theres more to playing CB than just coverage. Too many overlook the effect CBs have on the run game. Nnamdi was a bottom 5 run stopping CB in the league based on percentage of missed tackles in the run game during his time with the Raiders. Offenses use to purposely run the ball to his side, but most people were too dumbfounded by the fact quarterbacks never threw to his side of the field to realize he couldnt stop the run. Nnamdi was so nasty in press, people would just assume he was good at everything a la "Terrific Tackler". I never understood why guys like Asante never caught a break for his inabilities to tackle, but Nnamdi got a pass for it.

And for the record, I considered him a top 5 CB in his prime with the Raiders. But most people considered him #1. No one in Oakland would even acknowledge that another CB was on his level.

Darrelle Revis on the other hand is a MONSTER. Guy didnt miss a single rackle in run support for 2 straight seasons at one point. Guy can play in any kind of coverage, blanket any receiver, and stop the run. He's the entire package.

Eagle fans will get their wish after the season because Reid & his staff will be gone. Firing Castillo was a token move & Bowles hasn't improved the defense not on but, in fact they've been worse since Castillo was fired. My boss has been an Eagles fan for 25 years & he desperately wants Cowher to come to Philly, but I can't see that happening. The other problem the Eagles face is the offensive side of the ball has been built to run Reid's version of the west coast offense. It could be very difficult for a new coach to come in & install a new offense...That coaching staff from top to bottom has not one clue...

Last edited:
:wow: the **** is up w. the NFC East? Is it really that bad?

Skins still in the thick of things at 3-6 :pimp: :lol:

Decided for the first time to not watch an Eagles game when I could have. Good decision. I'll keep it this way for the rest of the year. Save myself three hours of disappointment every weekend.

:wow: the **** is up w. the NFC East? Is it really that bad?
Skins still in the thick of things at 3-6 :pimp: :lol:

yes it's that bad, non division opponents are drumming us all

I said early on and I hope it's still possible for 9-7 to win the division again. Giants remaining schedule is tougher than the rest of ours so i'm hoping they wet the bed but I doubt Philly could put together a win streak even though we only play 1 team over currently over .500 the rest of the way. Don't see a wild card spot going to any of us with the Packers/Bears practically a lock for one of them and the Lions/Bucs/Seahawks playing much better right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom