NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the late response Vikings fan, but Pondeer favorite target on friday was Kyle Rudolph. Toby Gerhart looks pretty good. he ran well. Matt kalil look solid. I am really liking this Harrison Smith Kid. Didnt see him in pass coverage, but he made 2 great discipline plays. 2 great tackles.

Talking to people around Dallas, Cowboys seem to be locks for the SB...lol I'm a huge Cowboys fan but cant overlook the talent influx in the NFC East over the last 2 years. The East was always tough but it's insane this year. Talent is glushing out of this division.

Talking to people around Dallas, Cowboys seem to be locks for the SB...lol I'm a huge Cowboys fan but cant overlook the talent influx in the NFC East over the last 2 years. The East was always tough but it's insane this year. Talent is glushing out of this division.

Dallas picked to be Super Bowl favorites ?

1bim.jpg

As much as everyone always says the NFC East is so good. It seems like consistently 2 out of the top 3 teams in that division under achieve every year. NFC North now >> NFC East

Dallas picked to be Super Bowl favorites ?
http://i.iflip.im/1bim.jpg[/IMG[/SPOILER]][/quote]
As much as I like my team, I don't see yet. Too many weakness and their schedule is insane. Playing the NFC South and the AFC North. Plus I'm not one for SB predictions anyway...especially for my team,.

Team has problem at Safety, Receiver and the O-Line is average at best. I guarantee Miles will be injured again this year, hamstring injuries are tough to get rid of.

[quote="airblaster503, post: 16138425"]
As much as everyone always says the NFC East is so good. It seems like consistently 2 out of the top 3 teams in that division under achieve every year. NFC North now >> NFC East[/quote] True but anyway of the top 3 could make it to the NFC Championship game. All have very good defenses and all have franchise QBs. NFC North is all hype outside the Pack.

As much as I like my team, I don't see yet. Too many weakness and their schedule is insane. Playing the NFC South and the AFC North. Plus I'm not one for SB predictions anyway...especially for my team,.
Team has problem at Safety, Receiver and the O-Line is average at best. I guarantee Miles will be injured again this year, hamstring injuries are tough to get rid of.
True but anyway of the top 3 could make it to the NFC Championship game. All have very good defenses and all have franchise QBs. NFC North is all hype outside the Pack.

10-6 lions and 8-8 bears, both of which i feel got better from last year are all hype? says the cowboys fan? oh.

Im saying, weren't the bears one of the hottest teams last year till cutler got hurt? And with no real WR? Now he got his besty back there's no telling what he can do, then you have the lions with a top 10 QB ( :lol: ) and Megatron of a 10-6 record , the only below .500 team in that division are the Vikings, who are dangerous because of AD.

10-6 lions and 8-8 bears, both of which i feel got better from last year are all hype? says the cowboys fan? oh.
The Lions did lose the starting corner from an already weak secondary, and the projected starter was dismissed from the team.

NFC North has to be the strongest. The North represented the NFC championship 2 years ago. The Bears were hot and likely would have made the playoffs again if Cutler and Forte dont get injured. They could even give the Packers a run for their money this year for the division who are without question the best team in the NFL. The Lions off field issues didnt stop them from making the playoffs last year. I see them being more experienced and better in terms of talent. Stafford at age 23 threw for 5000 yards and will only get better given how young he is and Calvin one of the most unstoppable offensive weapons in the league. They added pieces and I think their defense will be better as well. For being the worst team in the division the Vikings still have pieces to at least be competitive. AP arguably the best RB in the league and Ponder had his moments that showed he could be a qaulity QB.

The last time the Giants won the Superbowl they missed the playoffs two years straight. Im not writing them off which is what I know Giants fans love hearing but I am saying its not like they came into the next season improved last time which was not too long ago. They're not not consistent enough to be in the same category as teams like the Packers, Saints, Patriots, Steelers. They regressed the last time they won, where as the Packers continued there win streak from the superbowl year all the way until week 15. I do consider the Giants the best team in the East and I still think they're dangerous but they're an odd team. Nobody know whats type of Giants team we'll get this year. But as the best team in the East compared to the best team in the North, the Packers, they lose when it comes to "strength" of the division. The Eagles have a ton to prove before they can be considered for a division title, wild card, or any deep run in the playoffs given what they showed last year. Even in their better year in 2010 they had a worse record than the Bears and again the Bears made it to the NFC Champsionship. The Cowboys just wont do anything ever I dont even need to give an explanation. Whether they make the playoffs or not it just doesnt matter. They should be in last place when it comes to Vegas coming out with the odds of who will win the superbowl. And finally the ********. Yes RGIII looks like he could turn this team around quickly but ill believe it when I see it. Who knows what will happen with a rookie QB on a team who has been one of the most miserable teams in all of football for years. In no way am i bashing or saying the East sucks. They're all definitely solid teams. I just dont see them being stronger than the North when comparing the 2.

Last edited:
As much as everyone always says the NFC East is so good. It seems like consistently 2 out of the top 3 teams in that division under achieve every year. NFC North now >> NFC East

the NFC East is consistently competitive. i wouldn't say it is consistently good. my two cents.

Last edited:
To be fair, our star WR shot himself in the leg.

But yeah historically giants do not have back to back great seasons

NFC North has to be the strongest. The North represented the NFC championship 2 years ago. The Bears were hot and likely would have made the playoffs again if Cutler and Forte dont get injured. They could even give the Packers a run for their money this year for the division who are without question the best team in the NFL. The Lions off field issues didnt stop them from making the playoffs last year. I see them being more experienced and better in terms of talent. Stafford at age 23 threw for 5000 yards and will only get better given how young he is and Calvin one of the most unstoppable offensive weapons in the league. They added pieces and I think their defense will be better as well. For being the worst team in the division the Vikings still have pieces to at least be competitive. AP arguably the best RB in the league and Ponder had his moments that showed he could be a qaulity QB.
The last time the Giants won the Superbowl they missed the playoffs two years straight. Im not writing them off which is what I know Giants fans love hearing but I am saying its not like they came into the next season improved last time which was not too long ago. They're not not consistent enough to be in the same category as teams like the Packers, Saints, Patriots, Steelers. They regressed the last time they won, where as the Packers continued there win streak from the superbowl year all the way until week 15. I do consider the Giants the best team in the East and I still think they're dangerous but they're an odd team. Nobody know whats type of Giants team we'll get this year. But as the best team in the East compared to the best team in the North, the Packers, they lose when it comes to "strength" of the division. The Eagles have a ton to prove before they can be considered for a division title, wild card, or any deep run in the playoffs given what they showed last year. Even in their better year in 2010 they had a worse record than the Bears and again the Bears made it to the NFC Champsionship. The Cowboys just wont do anything ever I dont even need to give an explanation. Whether they make the playoffs or not it just doesnt matter. They should be in last place when it comes to Vegas coming out with the odds of who will win the superbowl. And finally the ********. Yes RGIII looks like he could turn this team around quickly but ill believe it when I see it. Who knows what will happen with a rookie QB on a team who has been one of the most miserable teams in all of football for years. In no way am i bashing or saying the East sucks. They're all definitely solid teams. I just dont see them being stronger than the North when comparing the 2.
After The Giants won the Super Bowl they went 12-4 which was the best regular season they had, since they went to the Super Bowl in 2000.In 2010 where you said the bears were better, They lost to the Giants to so....

Last edited:
this oak punter is ill...lol..dude straight got daz boot

whomever their kicking scout is has a keen eye...easily the bestt kicker/punter combo before this dude king...nd after 3 punts he looks every bit the bizniz

After The Giants won the Super Bowl they went 12-4 which was the best regular season they had, since they went to the Super Bowl in 2000.In 2010 where you said the bears were better, They lost to the Giants to so....

You're right they did go 12-4 my bad on that. Still doesnt effect my argument that they're not consistent enough. I wouldnt be surprised if they won the division this year, but I wouldnt be surprised if they went 8-8. Idk if your saying the Giants beat the Bears in the regular season in 2010? But the Bears won the North, went to the NFC Championship, and then lost to a team in the North. Im not comparing the Packers and Giants, Bears and Giants, or Lions and Giants...Im comparing the strength of the division.

this oak punter is ill...lol..dude straight got daz boot

whomever their kicking scout is has a keen eye...easily the bestt kicker/punter combo before this dude king...nd after 3 punts he looks every bit the bizniz

He came here to learn from Lechler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom