NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romo gonna have a fun year with this offensive line
well..guard center guard are all backups right now..

i know, i know, the starters arent THAT much better...but just letting yall know hes performing behind a bunch of backups outside of the tackles...4th string center..

u see that pirouette tho?? meeaaan man...its meaan..lol

You're right they did go 12-4 my bad on that. Still doesnt effect my argument that they're not consistent enough. I wouldnt be surprised if they won the division this year, but I wouldnt be surprised if they went 8-8. Idk if your saying the Giants beat the Bears in the regular season in 2010? But the Bears won the North, went to the NFC Championship, and then lost to a team in the North. Im not comparing the Packers and Giants, Bears and Giants, or Lions and Giants...Im comparing the strength of the division.
Yeah I guess the Strength of the Packers give the AFC North the edge, but i think all NFC East teams improve significantly except the Giants.

Should I be surprised that the Cowboys come out and get penalty after penalty, make mistake after mistake, linebackers don't know where to line up and offense couldn't block a toddler?

I don't care if it's the preseason, this is embarrassing. About as bad as you can get to start your season in every aspect of the game. SMH

Should I be surprised that the Cowboys come out and get penalty after penalty, make mistake after mistake, linebackers don't know where to line up and offense couldn't block a toddler?
I don't care if it's the preseason, this is embarrassing. About as bad as you can get to start your season in every aspect of the game. SMH

I had no idea our teams shared the same problems. Well, hopefully we're better off now than you guys.

why does it look like the Raiders Nike Jersey are not the special Pro Combat cut

You know speaking to my Dad today he made an interesting point. He was like I have been so blessed to see Johnny Unitas, Bert Jones, Peyton Manning, and now Andrew Luck to wear a Colts uniform. He was like too bad Jeff George didn't behave himself because he could have been great too.

How true it is. Wish I could have seen Johnny Unitas and Bert Jones play especially.

Man, I'm so pumped the NFL is back!

WHAT THE HELL!!!! A black PUNTER!!!!!!
No lie, I had the exact same reaction when I saw him.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Haven't been watching much of the game, but I see the Cowboys O-Line problems are still present.

You're right they did go 12-4 my bad on that. Still doesnt effect my argument that they're not consistent enough. I wouldnt be surprised if they won the division this year, but I wouldnt be surprised if they went 8-8. Idk if your saying the Giants beat the Bears in the regular season in 2010? But the Bears won the North, went to the NFC Championship, and then lost to a team in the North. Im not comparing the Packers and Giants, Bears and Giants, or Lions and Giants...Im comparing the strength of the division.

same time they've been one of the younger teams offensively the past few years, led the league in drops, OL has been makeshift, and they've always had critical injuries every year which can easily lead to inconsistency. They won 10 games the year prior despite leading the league in turnovers and did not make the playoffs, but make the playoffs last year winning 9.

Their goal is to just focus on their division or wild card spot, and go from there. They've proven they can win no matter what seed they are.

We didn't change anything we just added the swoosh.

I know but all teams are suppose to have the Nike pro combat cut.....its the material and how the jersey is made not the actual design

never mind found this

The Packers were one of five teams -- with the Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Oakland Raiders and Philadelphia Eagles – that declined any of Nike's innovations

anyone remember that one black punter from like 2007-2009 the seahawks had? :lol: :lol:
dude had a head band on in his madden picture :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: I remember him, had him on the Texans on a Madden Franchise in 08.

This game was pathetic. Struggle all over the place.

Haven't been watching much of the game, but I see the Cowboys O-Line problems are still present.

21kgzt5.gif

Talking to people around Dallas, Cowboys seem to be locks for the SB....

yea, there are a lot of delusional people here.

i know it's only pre-season, but i'm afraid the cowboys or going to be cowboying again this year. i hope i'm wrong.

10-6 lions and 8-8 bears, both of which i feel got better from last year are all hype? says the cowboys fan? oh.
Live and dallas...Im pretty rational for a Boys fan...but hype like I mentioned. Lion won't repeat that record but I think the Bears did get better on paper but I question if it will mesh on the field. I as a Cowboys fan know all about looking good on paper but being **** on the field, trust.

The Lions did lose the starting corner from an already weak secondary, and the projected starter was dismissed from the team.

Both those dudes were garbage. Eric Wright has to be one of the worst free agent signings all season, and Aaron Berry has been terrible. Chris Houston is a legit starter and with the emergence of Dwight Bently neither Wright or Berry would have beat him out for a starting spot. Those losses weren't very big of a factor at all. Lions are going to have a much stronger run game this year too so teams will have to respect that instead of playing the pass. Hell even last year teams couldn't stop the offense when they knew what was coming, now with a run game that is going to be an even better offense.

Cowboys O line might be weak this year, but it's still preseason (the beginning of preseason at that), so you can't judge what your seeing now. You guys are fine with making more accurate observations by week 3 of the regular season (or so).

I'm not sure what the Bucs saw in Wright's body of work. That dude has a lot of talent but has never put it all together to be a top notch CB like he should be. That dude St. Lou drafted (Jenkins?) reminds me of Wright. I'm really interested to see how the Bucs shape up this season. They have talent on the sqaud & getting the LT & VJack was great. I hope Freeman has a great year.

As far as my Steelers, we're getting hit with injuries man...I was expecting big things from Redman & now he has to have an MRI on his groin of all places...Damn...

Curious as to what you mean by this. :lol:

Just that it sucks to be injured there...I can only imagine how painful that has to be. At least when you hurt your knee or foot (or something), you can keep off it. You really can't keep off your groin. He's proly in some manner of pain whether he's sitting or standing...

Has anyone had a worse week as a pro athelete than Chad Johnson ever? I don't feel sorry for him though. All he had to do is learn the playbook & apply it to the field which as a longtime vet, should not be a problem. Like I've always said, talent will only get you so far...Waste of talent if you ask me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom