NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been protected very well this year with the offense, unfortunate he went past 5 years getting hammered

Last edited:
With an offense that has Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hillis, McCluster and Bowe and a defense that has Eric Berry, Hali, Flowers, Justin Houston, Derrick Johnson and Arenas.....Romeo Crennell has to REALLY, really suck for them to not be able to ever win. They're for sure picking the #1 quarterback in the 2013 Draft though. Hopefully Barkley or whoever that ends up being turns them around.

I honestly thought they could push for a division and the bills for a WC spot :lol: boy was I wrong :lol:

Probably still upset over the 96 yard game winning drive he had vs that same defense.

Tebow is only doing what is asked of him, never even seen a word.

I think it's jealousy and contempt because of the media. Not Tebow the person.

I can see how it can drive teams apart

Yeah Skip made a good point *baaaaaaarfs* that the Jets players probably *sorry still barfing* feel they don't have to be SAVED by Tebow. They feel they're good enough to win and no player (especially an overhyped one who isn't that good) can SAVE them. So it's mostly pride.

Is it fair to compare Rivers and Sanchez, at all? I mean, I've seen Sanchez throw bad picks, but Rivers throws some real bonehead ones (like the .gif a page or two back).

As far as the Tebow hate from that Daily News article goes, I don't understand why these idiots keep speaking. They make themselves look foolish, and even the fan base like myself for still sticking by them week in and week out when they are the biggest joke in the league :smh: .

Last edited:
the jet organization is a joke. can't believe tebow is the one getting called out by teammates as not being a real QB...whether or not you believe that, a) he's not why they're losing, b) you don't go to the papers with comments like that about teammates. pathetic organization.

the jet organization is a joke. can't believe tebow is the one getting called out by teammates as not being a real QB...whether or not you believe that, a) he's not why they're losing, b) you don't go to the papers with comments like that about teammates. pathetic organization.

That whole team needs to be reworked from top to bottom, GM, Scouts, Personal everything.

Unfortunately it's not going to happen, woody doesn't care about winning , it's more about headlines and $$$, being in New York his team can go 6-10 every year and still have fan support and media coverage :smh:

Alex Smith apparently passed concussion test and is on track to start vs the bears.

No word on cutler.

Ben ruled out and Byron will get the start.

Never thought the Jets would look in shambles more than the Raiders, Browns, Jags, or Chiefs......well, maybe in between the Chiefs and Jags. I guess it's more magnified cause it's NY, but damn, the Jets need C4 strapped to them more than any team in the league. Those other teams I listed at least have young/inexperienced players to build, but the Jets, they literally seem to have nothing, especially with Revis out.

The Jeta GM is not serious about winning. You don't field an offense year after year with below average skill positions. Holmes and a halfway retired LT can't be the best pieces you have to work with in the Sanchez era. Even with all the egos, loud mouthes, diva players, and all around ******ry, the Jets would be a problem with a legitimate rushing attack and Revis. 2-3 more wins right now.

Have a tough time believing the Vikings will leave Minnesota. Just... wow if it happened.

It's going to be between the Chargers, Jags, Raiders and _________.

Romeo Crennell has to REALLY, really suck for them to not be able to ever win. They're for sure picking the #1 quarterback in the 2013 Draft though. Hopefully Barkley or whoever that ends up being turns them around.
 This. I thought theyd make a playoff push getting Berry and Charles back...

:stoneface: @ me believing in Romeo.

Romeo should be fired for even having an ounce of faith in Matt Cassel.

He is the reason the chiefs suck.

The Jeta GM is not serious about winning. You don't field an offense year after year with below average skill positions. Holmes and a halfway retired LT can't be the best pieces you have to work with in the Sanchez era. Even with all the egos, loud mouthes, diva players, and all around ******ry, the Jets would be a problem with a legitimate rushing attack and Revis. 2-3 more wins right now.

Can't remember the quote verbatim, but I think it was the Jets owner (or GM) that said they would rather have a Romney win than to win a Super Bowl. Even if those are your true feelings, you can't voice that opinion.

Can't remember the quote verbatim, but I think it was the Jets owner (or GM) that said they would rather have a Romney win than to win a Super Bowl. Even if those are your true feelings, you can't voice that opinion.
It was Jets owner Woody Johnson, he was a big backer and supporter of Romney.  Now we see where that losing attitude comes from.  Top down economics mentality indeed.............

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...owner_id_rather_romney_win_than_the_jets.html

Johnson did say he put Romney winning the presidential election ahead of a Jet winning season or superbowl. He's definitely an owner that cares more about making money than winning. He lives Tannenbuam & Rex a lot so I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon (for at least 2-3 years). It's also been documented very well that Woody is happy just to see the Jets in the headlines regardless if they're winning or not.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/pinch-woody-picks-mitt-jets-article-1.1172131

It's funny both Kellen Clemons & Wayne Hunter (both now with the Rams) have stated they rally like the peace & quiet in the Rams locker room. The jet offense looks worse than last year so you wonder if Schotty was really the problem (some of his play calling was bad). Sparano's offense looks really bad...I never did understand that hire...

Last edited:
Wow, so the wishy washiness in Jetland comes from Woody...So now he's reversing what he said earlier in the fall that he's all about winning...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...kes-offense-at-talk-he-only-cares-about-psls/

Woody Johnson takes offense at talk he only cares about PSLs
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 15, 2012, 2:06 PM EST

AP
Jets owner Woody Johnson is not pleased with the talk that he cares more about how much money he can make from personal seating licenses than he cares about the team’s win-loss record.

Johnson addressed the media today and said that he doesn’t appreciate suggestions that he only wants to add to his billions. Johnson says what he really wants is to win the Super Bowl.

“This I really want to clear up,” Johnson said, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “You guys have been accusing me of this phony story of me being more concerned with PSLs or cash or something else. Listen, my job 1, 2 and 3 is to win games. That’s why I got into football to begin with – is to win games. It’s not to sell PSLs or anything else. My job is to win games. That’s what my passion is. That’s what I want to do. That’s why I’m spending all this time in this organization. It’s not to sell PSLs or to sell hot dogs.”

Johnson also said he remains committed to Mark Sanchez as the quarterback to lead the team, although he also acknowledged that all players are evaluated on an ongoing basis.

“He is our franchise quarterback,” Johnson said of Sanchez. “That’s what he is.”

But Sanchez is a franchise quarterback who has had a rough season, just like the Jets have. Johnson acknowledges it’s not good enough.

“I didn’t sign up for a 3-6 season. We haven’t had one of these in a while. I’m not happy about it. Yet I am optimistic,” Johnson said.

And when Johnson says he’s optimistic, he means he thinks he’ll some day hold the Vince Lombardi Trophy, not that he’ll lead the league in revenue.

I knew that as soon as they had a press conference for a back up QB.

I knew that as soon as they had a press conference for a back up QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom