NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah they got mad film on him now after his rookie season
lol..not even trolling...

but why is that the go to argument as to why he wont continue to be impressive??

like, hes not the first qb to have a sophomore year...they all do..they have a year of film compiled..but they dont all slump..lol...

why yall want that boi to fall so bad?? i think hes here to stay personally..

film or not...NO ROOKIE QB EVER put up the year he had..thats gotta stand for sumn..

they got a decades worth of film on thomas and drew...that dont stop them from carving defenses relentlessly..

not even trolling, someone explain to me why film on cam is gonna stop his progression..i really wanna hear a good opinion on the matter, cause ive seen it up here alot..

but why is that the go to argument as to why he wont continue to be impressive??

like, hes not the first qb to have a sophomore year...they all do..they have a year of film compiled..but they dont all slump..lol...

film or not...NO ROOKIE QB EVER put up the year he had..thats gotta stand for sumn..

they got a decades worth of film on thomas and drew...that dont stop them from carving defenses relentlessly..

not even trolling, someone explain to me why film on cam is gonna stop his progression..i really wanna hear a good opinion on the matter, cause ive seen it up here alot..

Cam average 299 yards passing in the first 8 games of last annnnnnd 203 the second half.

That's regression in the same year. He will still be a beast but I don't expect his numbers to be the same but for him to be a better player if that makes any sense.

I live in Carolina and no I def don't want him to fail I just think he caught everyone by surprise and did have a tendency to turnover the rock I'm just saying I don't think his passing numbers will be the same unless Carolina has a good 2nd wr to accompany Steve smith IMO

Cam average 299 yards passing in the first 8 games of last annnnnnd 203 the second half.
That's regression in the same year. He will still be a beast but I don't expect his numbers to be the same but for him to be a better player if that makes any sense.
he went 2-6 in the first half of the season...4-4 the last 8...what u call regression...i see progression where it counts...
I live in Carolina and no I def don't want him to fail I just think he caught everyone by surprise and did have a tendency to turnover the rock I'm just saying I don't think his passing numbers will be the same unless Carolina has a good 2nd wr to accompany Steve smith IMO
i can give u that...NOBODY expecting him to beast like to..and they def need lafell or someone else to step up...

but i see no reason homie cant cut down on the ints(all rookies throw alot, including peyton)..

will he put up the same numbers?? doubtful, but theyre def winning more games..and hes gonna be much more efficient this year..thus making him and his team more effective...

i could be wrong, im not in the loop obviously so idk his worth ethic, how seriously he takes his craft, etc...but i can honestly see dude creeping into that top ten this year...rookie mistakes happen, their rookies after all..improve on that, couples with his running ability..and his arm strength+accuracy combo..dude is a prob...

he went 2-6 in the first half of the season...4-4 the last 8...what u call regression...i see progression where it counts...

i can give u that...NOBODY expecting him to beast like to..and they def need lafell or someone else to step up...

but i see no reason homie cant cut down on the ints(all rookies throw alot, including peyton)..

will he put up the same numbers?? doubtful, but theyre def winning more games..and hes gonna be much more efficient this year..thus making him and his team more effective...

i could be wrong, im not in the loop obviously so idk his worth ethic, how seriously he takes his craft, etc...but i can honestly see dude creeping into that top ten this year...rookie mistakes happen, their rookies after all..improve on that, couples with his running ability..and his arm strength+accuracy combo..dude is a prob...

They started playing teams without offenses Cam is a good player with unlimited ceiling. Stop gassing him up. Defense took away the deep ball in the second half of last year.

NO. Cam >>>>>>>>>>>> Josh Freeman BY A MILE

Even as a Bucs fan and a guy with Josh Freeman in his avy I gotta say that I would definitely take Cam over Freeman. But to be honest with you, the talent level is pretty close to the same. Freeman just thinks entirely too much sometimes, zeros in on his receivers, got mind ****** last year by the old Bucs OC Greg Olsen into thinking he should be a pocket passer and tends to throw off his back foot a handful of times a game when Jeremy Trueblood gets bull rushed and completely blows his block. They're the same size player, but they couldn't play anymore differently. I just wish Freeman played with his instincts more like Cam.

I still think that Freeman is going to have a very big bounce-back year this year, and I expect some very good things from Mike Williams (he'll have a better season than V-Jax), Blount and Doug Martin. I even think Dallas Clark is going to have a good year this year. If you didn't see much of the Bucs last year then you don't understand how much that Freeman loves throwing to his tight ends. The guy zeroed in on Winslow all year about as badly as you possibly can.

Trueblood gotta go, hopefully when Penn come back they can move Dotson to RT. Chris Johnson also looks like he about to ball out this year.

Preseason or not, losing your home opener 30-7 (30 unanswered points and only something like 40 total passing yards for the game) is not a good look. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come like the preseason game against the Patriots last year.

his first 8 games, he only beat the ******** and jags :x

he beat the bucs twice and colts along with the texans and our 5th round pick rookie QB starting his 3rd game in his final 8 games.

tremendous progression.

Last edited:
Dat hurdle.

simpson.gif

One of these days Simpson is just going to get LIT UP doing that. It'll be one of the craziest things ever because of how high he already would be (no pun)

his first 8 games, he only beat the ******** and jags
sick.gif

he beat the bucs twice and colts along with the texans and our 5th round pick rookie QB starting his 3rd game in his final 8 games.
tremendous progression.
a dub is a dub..whether its the bucs or yates...if u go by that logic, then the texans only made the playoffs because of 18s absence(pretty true statement anyway)..so what jonathan joseph and wade phillips made that d legit..so what arian became a monster and finally brought balance...yall just got there cause peyton wasnt around to win the division, like he does every year...

its an NFL season man, and as the Giants showed everyone last year..a year of mediocrity can be awarded at the end in the nfl..doesnt matter who u beat..as long as u win em when u count...

im not gassing dude up..i just think its funny that stafford has a breakout year(cough...megatron) and everyone instantly wants him in the top ten..everyone instantly expects him to improve on his phenomenal season from last year(as do i) but when cam eats in his first year..we expect regression...hes a pro..hes a number 1 draft pick..im sure hes working just as hard to improve his craft as any other qb in the league..

so what happens this year when det misses the playoffs?? but stafford still puts up numbers...is he regressing?? or cam puts up half the numbers he did last year but wins more games?? did he progress??

dudes an immense talent, and the progression he made from the national championship game to his first nfl game, was crazy..everyone noticed it..why cant he do it again, with less pressure on his back and a whole offseason to work with nfl coaches??

a dub is a dub..whether its the bucs or yates...if u go by that logic, then the texans only made the playoffs because of 18s absence(pretty true statement anyway)..so what jonathan joseph and wade phillips made that d legit..so what arian became a monster and finally brought balance...yall just got there cause peyton wasnt around to win the division, like he does every year...

what does the texans have to do with this argument? you bringing in my team to take shots at my point? cowboys fans, if we go by that logic, you need the rest of the NFC to get lost in order for your to make the it to the Superbowl, like you guys are "projected" to every year. The texans have only been around for 10 years, and that great dallas cowboys who are Superbowl contender every year for the last what? the last 4-5 years have the same amount of playoff wins as us in the last 10 years. :rolleyes. Doesnt matter who or who wasnt in the division, we won it, we went to the playoffs, and were picked to make a deep run this year, the only reason the cowboys get any recognition is because of that star on the side of your helmet, Other than that what do they have? 2 overrated WRs, a bone head QB, a secondary that gets shredded and a team thats middle of the pack defensively. Oh yea, bunch of super bowl contenders :rolleyes

its an NFL season man, and as the Giants showed everyone last year..a year of mediocrity can be awarded at the end in the nfl..doesnt matter who u beat..as long as u win em when u count...

oh i agree, anything can happen on any given Sunday, thats why they play the game, but when 5 of your 6 wins come against teams 13 - 51 that's not progression.

im not gassing dude up..i just think its funny that stafford has a breakout year(cough...megatron) and everyone instantly wants him in the top ten..everyone instantly expects him to improve on his phenomenal season from last year(as do i) but when cam eats in his first year..we expect regression...hes a pro..hes a number 1 draft pick..im sure hes working just as hard to improve his craft as any other qb in the league..

i never said Stafford was a top 10 QB, he needs another year of high production along with Cam to be even considered that, everyone lives in the moment. Fine hes a pro, number 1 pick, but sophomore slumps are expected, it happens, why? teams game plan, throw different defensive schemes and plan for him, now they have tape on Cam, a full season to see how he reads and reacts against certain coverages and formations and had an whole off season to make plans and so forth against him.

so what happens this year when det misses the playoffs?? but stafford still puts up numbers...is he regressing?? or cam puts up half the numbers he did last year but wins more games?? did he progress??

you know DET is missing the playoffs? you know CAR is winning more games? If stafford produces at a high level again, he isnt regressing because its back to back years of it, its the NFL, teams make and miss the playoffs every year, does that effect their value as players? if that was the Case Romo shouldnt be a top 10 QB as people claim. And Cam wont put up half the numbers and they win more games :lol: He is that panther offense, if he puts up half those numbers they winning like 4 games :lol:

dudes an immense talent, and the progression he made from the national championship game to his first nfl game, was crazy..everyone noticed it..why cant he do it again, with less pressure on his back and a whole offseason to work with nfl coaches??

its the NFL, nothing is given, lets see how he plays.

wasnt taking shots at ur squad man...was just showing you how easy the whole ' he only did blank because of blank" argument is...

i know i know..cowboys fan, no playoff wins..my opinion is moot.. damn tony romo..lol..

we shall see how things play out this year..i just think some of yall are selling cam short.

but its that time of year..were all expecting big things outta our squads..from us lowly cowboys and bucs fans to the perennial playoff squads like pit, pats and texans...from top to bottom everyone feels like their squad improved..looking forward to it...

cant wait for the season..i cant..this time of year, full of optimism.. lol..

why we love football..only sport that no matter how weak ur squad has been, every year u kno that u got a chance...no other sport can say that..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ite-giants-lions-bears-panthers-set-to-pounce

every year bottom feeders make the playoffs(bengals,texans,lions) and teams with big expectations miss out (eagles, COWBOYS)

sooo...i dont expeect much to change..certain bottom feeding teams will return...some unknowns will step up..

I agree the secondary n LBs was there problem they led most games going into 4th qtr if they can fix that they'll be str8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom