NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams need to start placing way more importance on the offensive line. Having a bad one is the easiest way to destroy a season and careers. See Philly.

Last edited:
The casual fan only gonna look at OLB/DE guys in terms of their pass rush... Hes great against the run but no ones going to notice.

I'd argue that hes not even "rated" in the public eye concerning his run defense... Wouldn't think its even possible to be underrated at it. You'd have to say the position is underrated in terms of its importance to the run defense.
very well put...

never thought of it that way but thats something i can agree with...

repped for the realness...

The casual fan only gonna look at OLB/DE guys in terms of their pass rush... Hes great against the run but no ones going to notice.

I'd argue that hes not even "rated" in the public eye concerning his run defense... Wouldn't think its even possible to be underrated at it. You'd have to say the position is underrated in terms of its importance to the run defense.
very well put...

never thought of it that way but thats something i can agree with...

repped for the realness...
Word. I see how awful my team is vs the run when Clay isn't on the field... Dude sets the edge like no ones business and contains the rush inside... When hes not in there it's open season on stretch plays and off tackle runs.  Hes incredibly smart in play recognition (see soundfx from super bowl for example) and gets where he needs to be, so unselfish taking on the right block and turning the blocker so that the RB cant get outside. 

Gotta respect the dudes that strive to be elite at a part of their job that gets them no glory.

Teams need to start placing way more importance on the offensive line. Having a bad one is the easiest way to destroy a season and careers. See Philly.

you live & die by drafting offensive & defensive lineman...Not sure why teams don't heed that...Philly might've been a different story if they didn't lose 3 offensive linemen for the season (including their center & LT)...

Eagles line was riddled with injuries. For the most part the Oline in Philly has been stable.

The game is won in the OL/DL.... When are teams going to get the memo.

Eagles line was riddled with injuries. For the most part the Oline in Philly has been stable.
mike singletary got that memo....see where that got him...

too much of a win now league to dedicate 3+ drafts to offensive/dfensive lineman...

but i do agree, thats the way to go....the trenches really depict what kind of game its gonna be....

Last edited:
Since CBs are so handcuffed you have to get pressure on the QB to play D. Though I will say I feel like the refs have allowed them to play more than year than the past few. Could just be the games I've watched though

CBs have been real loose this year.

But your right about the 1st part.

Can't touch the WRs? kill the QBs :pimp:

a4eace99_MjAxMi1hMTA5YWMzZjIyZWU1NWEz.png

:lol: :lol:

mike singletary got that memo....see where that got him...

too much of a win now league to dedicate 3+ drafts to offensive/dfensive lineman...

but i do agree, thats the way to go....the trenches really depict what kind of game its gonna be....
So much truth in this post. Singletary doesn't get the credit he deserves for the success of the current 49ers.

Its disgusting but really indicative of the world now. Everything is now, everyone want instant gratification.

The Line is where it starts and ends. Takes time to develop and fans/coaches/players/front office don't have enough patience for that.

Welker come to Houston Papi :pimp:
A dominate DE / DL can make an entire defense better.
Look at the giants.
When their Dline plays like ****, that defense gets worked.

Cool it - dmxfury

Welker doesnt want to play for your second tier franchise. Hes getting franchised again anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welker doesnt want to play for your second tier franchise. Hes getting franchised again anyway.
Welker may not wan to play for a"'second tier franchise" as you say but Welker certainly wants that first tier receiver money which he didn't and hasn't gotten with the Patriots.  We'll see how things play out this year for Welker and IF he still in New England next year.

Look at the giants.

What is this papi ******** ? You sound extremely homosexual and extremely corny. Keep that **** in the general forum.

:lol: why you getting all upset?

Because that **** is mad uncomfortable :lol: Papi though? Youre supposed to be a grown man i dont care if were on a messageboard, callig another grown man daddy is uncalled for. Please stop.

And Welker will be getting that top tier WR money because the second year u get franchised you get the avg salary of the top 3 wideouts. He'll get paid. Pats will get the full value out of him and then wipe their hands clean. Thats why they have the best FO in the league. No sentimental value on these players; theyre just roster spots.

Welker may not wan to play for a"'second tier franchise" as you say but Welker certainly wants that first tier receiver money which he didn't and hasn't gotten with the Patriots.  We'll see how things play out this year for Welker and IF he still in New England next year.

i've got to believe they have ZERO plans of franchising him again. they're paying 9 million this year and will likely pay another 9-10 million next year if they franchise him again. would have made more sense to sign him to 3 years, 7 mill a year. unless they feel that not having a multi year deal will keep him hungry. either way, i don't see him back.

Deadset why would it make more sense to commit to him for three years for about 21 million plus signing bonuses and all that other ****, when they can just keep him on a one year deal two years in a row? Players with contracts become complacent.

Im not saying youre wrong, just want to hear your logic on it.

Im confident he will be back. We'll just have to wait and see though. You do WANT him back though, right? I know i do.

Look at the giants.

What is this papi ******** ? You sound extremely homosexual and extremely corny. Keep that **** in the general forum.

Look at you.

Look at you hurt.

Who hurt you Papi?

i've got to believe they have ZERO plans of franchising him again. they're paying 9 million this year and will likely pay another 9-10 million next year if they franchise him again. would have made more sense to sign him to 3 years, 7 mill a year. unless they feel that not having a multi year deal will keep him hungry. either way, i don't see him back.
Yeah I hear ya, to me it wouldn't make sense to franchise Welker again like NooEra eluded to.  The front office knows he was upset with the franchise tag and he let his feeling be DIRECTLY known about it during the off-season and towards the beginning of the season as well.  We'll see how things play out but given how the Patriots front office takes care of business by way of their history and track record, things aren't looking too good for Welker and or NooEra.  Those two individuals may be looking for new jobs at the end of the season just like Fireman Ed.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Roger. Consistency is non existent, explanations rarely given

Looks like Michael Wallace may be demoted from starter

Looks like Michael Wallace may be demoted from starter
It true, it's all downhill from here on out for Mike Wallace.  He held out for a bigger contract.........didn't get it, and now this.

So Ed Reed gets fined 50k for a normal clean hit and Suh gets fined 30k for kicking a dude in his nuts. Ok NFL.

I think Reed was fined so much because they were other instances where he wasn't fined.

Suh is a repeat offender.

Wallace is still going to get paid :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom