NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently receivers lining up incorrectly happens more often than you would think...(whether on purpose or not) :smh:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-young-for-sabotaging-their-passing-offense/

I'm calling ******** on that....any other team would have cut his *** for that level of insubordination. You gonna tell me that those other 52 guys on the roster are cool w/ TY being around if he BLATANTLY tried to **** up the offense? Give me a break. There has to be more to this story.

^ Actually, Florio & co got the story from the Lions beats writers. Specifically Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press...Young's had a history of discipline problems (not the criminal kind)....

Last edited:
^Florio is still a #*%@ regardless of where that story came from.  Cant stand that dude.

Agreed 100%, still visit the site to see the headlines....They also have a good source for links to the local papers for each of the NFL teams. I like reading what the local writers have to say about their teams. Better than reading the national publications in most cases...

^ Actually, Florio & co got the story from the Lions beats writers. Specifically Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press...Young's had a history of discipline problems (not the criminal kind)....

It's horse****. Young's had discipline problems in the past, but he would have been cut by now (or told to stay away from the team) if this is what actually happened. I don't believe this story at all.

Last edited:
NFL teams will put up with a lot if you have some talent. I mean a lot. I had a relative that worked a long time for the ratbirds (PR dept) & some of the things they told me about things happening behind closed doors would surprise you.

Look at TO...He's had a looong history & he lasted a good long time (not that Young is close to Owens in terms of talent/ability). There are even strong rumors about him not knowing playbook when he was with the Cowboys & Bengals.

It's horse****. Young's had discipline problems in the past, but he would have been cut by now (or told to stay away from the team) if this is what actually happened. I don't believe this story at all.

Agreed. He'd have to have a serious lack of foresight to think that would accomplish anything. What team is gonna give you more targets after that, or if his '
goal was to be traded what team would seriously consider a saboteur? Plus, winning is everything in this league.
No team would tolerate that a minute longer than they have to.

Last edited:
NFL teams will put up with a lot if you have some talent. I mean a lot. I had a relative that worked a long time for the ratbirds (PR dept) & some of the things they told me about things happening behind closed doors would surprise you.
Look at TO...He's had a looong history & he lasted a good long time (not that Young is close to Owens in terms of talent/ability). There are even strong rumors about him not knowing playbook when he was with the Cowboys & Bengals.

Shoooot. I knew that just from watching him. I always felt bad for what Carson was working with In Cincy.

Last edited:
Shoot look at beloved Steelers...they stuck with Ben didn't they?

Slightly different, bro.

For as bad as Ben's transgressions were off the field, he's not out there messing up plays on purpose to prove a point. Not to mention, he's their 2x SB winning QB. This is TITUS YOUNG. No comparison to what he did on the field to what Ben was doing off of it.

Eh. It's Schwartz though.

Nothing will shock me.

Gives him more reason to cut him. I don't know how Schwartz has it with management but they've regressed and in public opinion his seat is heating up. For a player to intentionally try and lose? If this was true Schwartz would've tossed him out like Uncle Phil did Jazz.

Shoooot. I knew that just from watching him. I always felt bad for what Carson was working with In Cincy.

None of that even comes close to throwing the game. Oh, and rumors....

Slightly different, bro.

For as bad as Ben's transgressions were off the field, he's not out there messing up plays on purpose to prove a point. Not to mention, he's their 2x SB winning QB. This is TITUS YOUNG. No comparison to what he did on the field to what Ben was doing off of it.

My point is that NFL teams will put up with a lot if you have talent & like GMSboy1 said, winning is the only thing that counts. If the Lions feel Young has enough talent, I think their willing to put up with the foolishness. Look at all the other ish they put up with...

edit - that one play with Young didn't cost them the game...

Last edited:
I think what J's is saying is that Ben was still winning games despite his off-field problems. What Titus is doing will definitely help lose the Lions games.

Teams should only put up with so much "on-field" transgressions that consistently keep a team from winning whereas, if you're a trouble maker off the field, yet you still win games with a big help from that person then it's easier to slide it under the rug.

Last edited:
Off field issues teams are willing to work with you.

If you have talent the League understands you arent perfect and GMs are willing take a flier on people in hopes of hitting the jackpot.

But on messing up plays on purpose and potentially causing your team to lose a game......

Drew Brees > Matt Ryan

Saints win again. Falcons fans mad they're two losses are from the team they despise most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom