NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave Nnamdi the benefit of the doubt last year since he was in a new system. Now, he looks finished. I've never seen a fall off like that. The only one that may rival that is McNabb, but I'm not sure if that was from his own undoing, or Shanahan trying to sabotage him.

Which team is going to claim Rolando McClain?

WAIT....we waived him?? :nerd:

NVM: He wants off the team to play for a "real team"....good riddance.

I'd take McClain in a second to play alongside Lavonte David and Mason Foster...but I already know Schiano is going to say he's not the type of player they want as "Buccaneer Men". Wonder if it'd just take like a 6th rounder to get him in a trade if he's not cut.

I agree with the Aldon point
But Von plays with Peyton.
In most cases your gonna have to score to keep up, and that means chucking the ball, when the defense knows your passing its a wrap.
true. last year he had great number with.......................tim tebow
roll.gif

I agree with Sole. Smith and Miller are both very good players, but the league sees pass rushers like these every 5 years.
There hasn't been a player like Watt on defense at that position since Bruce Smith and Reggie White. Watt is a very special player and he's gonna be dominating for years. The way hes able to impact games and change the outcome of them single handedly is special to watch. I could honestly say he has won games for us with certain plays that he's made. Some that come up are the Jets and Lions games.
That being said if I had to choice out of those three to build my defense around 10 times out of 10 it would be Watt.
its a little early to compare watt to white or smith just like the comparison of von to derrick thomas. watt and miller sure look good right now thought. i think 5 years have to pass before comparisons to those type of caliber player are made.

while we're talking pass rushers...demarcus ware. curious as to what people think about this guy. elite? overrated? slightly overrated?
ware is a beast. this season he has not been as disruptive as in previous years.

So is nhamdi done?
Or a move to safety might help? I know dude lost a step
nerd.gif
its tough to say. he is not even 50% of who he was in oakland. it could be the eagles d coordinator or it could be that he just lost a step. the packages ran in philly might be outside his game compared to the packages ran in oakland.

Last edited:
So is nhamdi done?

Or a move to safety might help? I know dude lost a step
:nerd:

its tough to say. he is not even 50% of who he was in oakland. it could be the eagles d coordinator or it could be that he just lost a step. the packages ran in philly might be outside his game compared to the packages ran in oakland.

Nnamdi is still a good corner the problem has been the eagles safeties in cover 2 and zone
they get caught in play action all the time and when NA is expecting over the top help or he passes the receiver off in zone the safeties are no where to be found
where is sucks in run help and tackling

Nnamdi is still a good corner the problem has been the eagles safeties in cover 2 and zone
they get caught in play action all the time and when NA is expecting over the top help or he passes the receiver off in zone the safeties are no where to be found
where is sucks in run help and tackling
tru (in 2 chainz voice)

"I was actually a Packers fan growing up so I always watched Brett Favre," Kaepernick said.
It's funny the QB on the 49ers was a Packers fan and the Packers QB was a 49ers fan. I bet Rodgers would trade spots since he's still a 49ers fan. 
laugh.gif

"I was actually a Packers fan growing up so I always watched Brett Favre," Kaepernick said.
It's funny the QB on the 49ers was a Packers fan and the Packers QB was a 49ers fan. I bet Rodgers would trade spots since he's still a 49ers fan. 
laugh.gif
Don't think Rodgers would trade spots considering he was getting looks from SF before the draft and they passed on him for Smith.

Apparently receivers lining up incorrectly happens more often than you would think...(whether on purpose or not) :smh:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-young-for-sabotaging-their-passing-offense/

Lions benched Titus Young for sabotaging their passing offense
Posted by Evan Silva on November 29, 2012, 8:18 AM EST

The Lions deactivated receiver Titus Young on Thanksgiving Day for bad behavior that had led to in-fighting among the coaching staff. Young was allowed back on the practice field Wednesday, as a second-team receiver. The Lions never provided the specifics that resulted in Young’s team-imposed ban, but Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press has them.

Per Birkett, Young purposely lined up in the wrong place on the field “multiple times” during the Lions’ Week Eleven loss to Green Bay. He also “mouthed off” to receivers coach Shawn Jefferson before being benched for the final possession. Apparently upset that he wasn’t getting enough passes thrown his way, Young responded by attempting to sabotage the Lions’ passing offense.

Young’s teammates understandably don’t have his back anymore; top wideout Calvin Johnson indicated after the Thanksgiving game that he anticipates the Lions moving forward with rookie Ryan Broyles and newly acquired Mike Thomas in the lineup.

“It was nice to see some new playmakers in there making plays,” Johnson told the Detroit News. “We are going to keep progressing with these new guys in our receiver group.”

Asked if Broyles and Thomas would stay in the rotation, Johnson replied “Yeah. No doubt.”

Young has resumed practicing, but there are no guarantees on his game-day role, if he has one at all. Young’s actions suggest he’s more concerned with himself than the cause of his team.

It’s hard to play with that type of a guy. You can’t win with ‘em. Can’t do it.

Last edited:
:lol: @ the Saints bus getting pelted with eggs at the ATL airport...Glad to see the rivalry renewed again (goes back to the mid-late 70s)...

Apparently receivers lining up incorrectly happens more often than you would think...(whether on purpose or not) :smh:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-young-for-sabotaging-their-passing-offense/

Lions benched Titus Young for sabotaging their passing offense
Posted by Evan Silva on November 29, 2012, 8:18 AM EST

The Lions deactivated receiver Titus Young on Thanksgiving Day for bad behavior that had led to in-fighting among the coaching staff. Young was allowed back on the practice field Wednesday, as a second-team receiver. The Lions never provided the specifics that resulted in Young’s team-imposed ban, but Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press has them.

Per Birkett, Young purposely lined up in the wrong place on the field “multiple times” during the Lions’ Week Eleven loss to Green Bay. He also “mouthed off” to receivers coach Shawn Jefferson before being benched for the final possession. Apparently upset that he wasn’t getting enough passes thrown his way, Young responded by attempting to sabotage the Lions’ passing offense.

Young’s teammates understandably don’t have his back anymore; top wideout Calvin Johnson indicated after the Thanksgiving game that he anticipates the Lions moving forward with rookie Ryan Broyles and newly acquired Mike Thomas in the lineup.

“It was nice to see some new playmakers in there making plays,” Johnson told the Detroit News. “We are going to keep progressing with these new guys in our receiver group.”

Asked if Broyles and Thomas would stay in the rotation, Johnson replied “Yeah. No doubt.”

Young has resumed practicing, but there are no guarantees on his game-day role, if he has one at all. Young’s actions suggest he’s more concerned with himself than the cause of his team.

It’s hard to play with that type of a guy. You can’t win with ‘em. Can’t do it.

Cut him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom