NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Wallace & Mendenhall are at least saying the right things. You can't argue with their production as of the last several weeks or the lack thereof...Mike should bounce back (hopefully), I'm not to sure about Mendenhall though...

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...nhall-take-lineup-shuffling-in-stride-663986/

Wallace, Mendenhall take lineup shuffling in stride
November 28, 2012 2:05 pm
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Mike Wallace and Rashard Mendenhall today reacted to their changing roles with the Steelers with a collective shrug.
Wallace, the undisputed starter at split end since 2010 and a Pro Bowler in 2011, is listed only as a possible starter next to Emmanuel Sanders on the team's official depth chart.

"I don't know, you have to ask Coach T," Wallace said about Mike Tomlin's new depth chart. "I just play. It really doesn't matter. I still have to do what I have to do, regardless of what the situation is. Coach does everything for a reason."

Mendenhall, a first-round draft pick in 2008 who has been the team's starting halfback since 2009, was demoted to third-string by Tomlin this week. Tomlin announced that Jonathan Dwyer will start at Baltimore Sunday.

"I'm just gong to do whatever I'm asked to," said Mendenhall, who ran for 1,273 yards in 2010. "I don't really think much of it. I've been in a lot of positions so I'm just approaching this week as I approach every week."

Wallace is still going to get paid
mean.gif
By Pittsburgh??

Deadset why would it make more sense to commit to him for three years for about 21 million plus signing bonuses and all that other ****, when they can just keep him on a one year deal two years in a row? Players with contracts become complacent.

Im not saying youre wrong, just want to hear your logic on it.

Im confident he will be back. We'll just have to wait and see though. You do WANT him back though, right? I know i do.

i MOST DEFINITELY want the guy in a patriots uniform, no question there.

i just don't see us paying him even more next year. the tag's going to go up. he's going to be older. plus, wes is not going to be happy, he'll likely hold out. i can't see him being a "good solider" and suiting up. and i don't blame him, he hasn't had that payday, which he deserves. keep in mind, we have no issues cutting loose 99% of the guys on our team. the team is BUILT for "if player A goes down, player B moves in, and the machine continues to run". there's exceptions of course, like QB. but that's why brady would get pretty much anything he wants. concerning wes, we won't be as productive out of that position if he were to leave, but between edelman and whoever is brought in (amendola comes to mind or bess if he's a FA)...we'll be OK.

of course, maybe you're right. maybe wes is OK playing another year under the tag. but i don't see how he can risk that. he's got one big contract that he can get, and if he doesn't get it after this year, he's not going to get it.

I read that somewhere the bench mark that Wallace wanted was the Vincent Jackson deal. Pittsburgh was supposedly close to it but they couldn't agree to the per year $ & signing bonus. If he goes, oh well. That means we should be able to sign back Emmanuel Sanders. Plus Pittsburgh always does a rock solid job of drafting. If he does leave, I think he'll regret it.

Jaguars get a couple solid outings from Chad Henne and think they're one pass rusher away from a Super Bowl.

That means we should be able to sign back Emmanuel Sanders.

:x Not sold at all on Emmanuel Sanders...then you factor in Wallace being gone and less room for him to operate. Pittsburgh better have a better Plan B than Sanders to pair with Antonio.

He fits a need. They get him for the low this year and if he does well they can keep him if not easily cut him.
Jax isn't a that attractive for FA. Very shrewd move.

Last (major) Philadelphia team to win a game? Quick....It's not the Eagles. It's definitely not the Flyers. It's the Philadelphia Phillies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom