NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godell made the cover of Time...Flipped through it & my jaw was a little agape... :x :smh:

http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/...oger-goodell-go-to-protect-the-game-he-loves/

One idea that Goodell predicts will get more consideration: eliminating kickoffs. Fans may object to this rule change, since kickoffs produce thrilling returns. TIME sat in on meeting between Goodell and Rich McKay, head of the NFL’s powerful competition committee. Goodell brought up a proposal promoted by Greg Schiano, coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers: after a touchdown or field goal, instead of kicking off, a team would get the ball on its own 30-yard line, where it’s fourth and 15. The options are either to go for it and try to retain possession, or punt. If you go for it and fall short, the opposing team would take over with good field position. In essence, punts would replace kickoffs, and punts are less susceptible to violent collisions than kickoffs. “The fact is,” Goodell says. “It’s a much different end of the play…It’s an off-the-wall idea. It’s different and makes you think differently. It did me.”

tired.gif
 Goodell

sick.gif
 Schiano

while using sort of a "winner's ball" type of mentality with the whole 4th and 15 where you punt or go for it seems interesting...this man cannot be serious. just let the scoring team free kick it (or punt)from the 30 or 35, similar to what's done after safeties. none of this 4th and 15 ********. by the way, i assume that kills any chance of onside kicks...which you can't possibly remove. you can't give teams a "simple" 4th and 15 conversion in order to retain posession at the end of games.onside kicks are one of the most tense moments of a close game, not to mention the oh **** factor when snuck in during the middle of games.

Last edited:
:x :x :x 4th and 15th?

No kick returns ?

No onside kicks?

That makes the game interesting ? Hell 2 of those 3 plays made the Eagles / cowboys game interesting.

The only way I see 4th and 15th working is if your playing the Chargers.

They're closing to eliminating kickoffs than we all think...they pushed for it HARD during the last CBA.

Teams are going to end up with some awesome coordinators for next year. Rex Ryan, Norv Turner, Wisenhunt, Jason Garrett, Ron Rivera and Romeo Crennell would be great additions to some up and coming team's staff.

I can't agree with Russ Wilson over Dalton.
yea, id put dalton before russ for sure...

id also put tanenhill at least equal to him...tannehill started off ROUGH, but hes had as many good moments as russ....and i think his ceiling is higher, when hes looked good hes look really good...

id also put tanenhill at least equal to him...tannehill started off ROUGH, but hes had as many good moments as russ....and i think his ceiling is higher, when hes looked good hes look really good...
Theres no way in hell Tannehill is at least equal to Russell right now

Andre Johnson just dropped $19,000 on 12 kids, who all suffered parental abuse, at Toys R Us in Houston. Afterwards, he also joined the Houston Police Department's Blue Santa program to surprise 800 students at Houston's Bastian Elementary School with Christmas presents.

Andre :smokin :smokin :smokin

he does this every year. my favorite player on and off the field. :pimp:

And he put the hands of god on cortland :pimp: :pimp:

THIS was awesome :lol: :pimp:

#NeverForget

Why you mad shoes?  Because hes gone 3-0 vs the NFCE since the bye with like 9 TD's and 1 INT? Throwing 73%?

I guess 11 weeks isn't enough time to "get some tape" on this guy right? :lol:

I'm taking the L on this for now.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Theres no way in hell Tannehill is at least equal to Russell right now

im a Texas A&M Aggie, and even i think this statement is ridiculous. right now russell wilson is balling. tannehill is not.

i think tannehill can be a good QB in this league, it just feels like the dolphins coaching staff hand cuffs him more often than not. that, and he has no one to throw to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom