NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
This season, Peyton Manning has completed 44.7 percent of his pass attempts to travel at least 20 yards in the air, the highest completion percentage in his career on passes of that distance. His previous high came in 2004 (43.8), the year he won his second NFL MVP award.
pimp.gif

Eh.

if what said is true, **** him. No need to be a ****.

keep supermaning and atown stomping after TDs in losing efforts.

hate may be true, but u gotta be some type of ***** as a man to talk **** anonymously. Own up to what you said...
mean.gif
^^^so true...

and once again, all the 'hate' is focused on his character and not his football skills....they cant touch the boy and they mad...

'dudes fear what they dont understand, hate what they cant conquer , guess its just a theory of man'.

hate may be true, but u gotta be some type of ***** as a man to talk **** anonymously. Own up to what you said...
mean.gif

^^^so true...

and once again, all the 'hate' is focused on his character and not his football skills....they cant touch the boy and they mad...

'dudes fear what they dont understand, hate what they cant conquer , guess its just a theory of man'.

What you mean they can't touch the boy? They are talking about his character in the article :lol:

I doubt they are "hating" on him.

He's 9-19 over 2 seasons, what's to hate?

These exact same things being said about how RG3 is incapable of having a sophomore slump is the exact same things that were said about Cam Newton last year in relation to Josh Freeman. RG3 definitely has his head on his shoulders way more than Cam....but I'm just sayin.

I remember I said on here that Cam's Pro Bowl performance last year was a preview of his sophomore campaign and people went HAM on me. He was God around these parts just a year ago. Had people talking about Super Bowls for the Panthers.

Sarcasm ? :nerd: :lol:

Nah Buc rm ideas right there with you about Cam, people were saying playoffs and division champs :\

Someone even said he could have a statically worst season then last year an it would mean more wins for the panthers :rofl:

Naming Sanchez the starter before the week's practices began, meaning McElroy isn't getting reps with the first-team.... :smh: . This franchise is a joke.

Carolina's inability to surround him with the talent necessary to win. Players and coaches.
basically....

sad that the teams record is what defines the QB's success when it shouldnt...  only 4 qbs in this league deserve that kinda respect, and that because theyre teams win/lose with their performance(peyton,rodgers,tom,brees).....for everyone else its a team game...theyre just a piece of the puzzle..

sickening the amount of hate cam gets...i see in him the same light i see  rg3/luck....these kids are gonna be dueling eachother for that top spot for years to come....

but i forgot he does superman and a -town stomp celebrations in losing efforts...so he could NEVER be successful doing those horrible things....

These exact same things being said about how RG3 is incapable of having a sophomore slump is the exact same things that were said about Cam Newton last year in relation to Josh Freeman. RG3 definitely has his head on his shoulders way more than Cam....but I'm just sayin.

who are we to say that???  cause rg3 does a prayer instead of a celebration???  

we know these dudes off 60 minutes per week we see on the field...an article here or there...nothing else....

i dont get how  people say things like what buc em said, or say cutler doesnt care enough, or romo wears his hat backwards so he loses games, etc etc....none of that has to do with football...so why do we allow it to determine what we think about FOOTBALL players when critiquing their craft???

we shouldnt be allowed to say blanket statements like 'rg3 has a better head on his shoulders than cam' because we dont know....were just never gonna be close enough to

kno...these dudes go  A VERY LONG WAY to make sure that we see what they want us to see about them....we dont kno the real cam newton...we dont kno the real rg3....we know what them and their managers/publicists allow us to know...

Last edited:

who are we to say that???  cause rg3 does a prayer instead of a celebration???  

we know these dudes off 60 minutes per week we see on the field...an article here or there...nothing else....

i dont get how  people say things like what buc em said, or say cutler doesnt care enough, or romo wears his hat backwards so he loses games, etc etc....none of that has to do with football...so why do we allow it to determine what we think about FOOTBALL players when critiquing their craft???

we shouldnt be allowed to say blanket statements like 'rg3 has a better head on his shoulders than cam' because we dont know....were just never gonna be close enough to

kno...these dudes go  A VERY LONG WAY to make sure that we see what they want us to see about them....we dont kno the real cam newton...we dont kno the real rg3....we know what them and their managers/publicists allow us to know...

Cams managers and / publicists are terrible then.

Attitude has nothing to do with onfield talent.

I agree with you in that aspect.

But when your the face of a franchise or scrutinized like he is or a rookie you have to make better decisions.

With that being said QB positions for the next few years in the NFL looks very solid and exciting , same goes for defensive players :pimp:

Good/interesting read...

All season long, we've heard about young quarterbacks, and for good reason. Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III and Russell Wilson, all rookies, are making major noise in the NFL, leading their teams to playoff contention, winning big games and putting up stellar numbers.

But that's just for right now. What about the long-term future? Of the 28 first- or second-year quarterbacks currently rostered in the NFL, how many will be top-notch starters for years? How many can bring home a championship?

I've evaluated each of the quarterbacks in their first or second years who have logged enough minutes to provide an idea of their future potential, judging them according to 11 key traits for quarterbacks (see box to right). Then I ranked the top 13 quarterbacks according to their future capabilities, placing them in three tiers: A, B and C. To show how they stack up physically, I've included their measurements and 40-yard dash times.

GROUP A

These quarterbacks will all be starters for a long time and should take their teams to a Super Bowl or two in their careers. They all have the required physical dimensions (with one notable exception) and skills necessary to excel at the position.

1) Andrew Luck, rookie, Indianapolis Colts (6-foot-4, 235 pounds, 4.61-second 40-yard dash): Luck is very intelligent and has great poise; he can handle pressure. He's strong and tough. In Week 10, after Luck was picked off by Dawan Landry, he ran downfield to lay a big hit on the Jacksonville Jaguars defender. Many quarterbacks in that situation would try to avoid contact, but Luck sought it out. When guys see their quarterback doing stuff like that, it has an enormous impact. Luck is an outstanding decision-maker, thanks in large part to his great work ethic off the field.

Rest of Article in Link

Thanks for that article double.

I think Dalton belongs in group A and it's too soon for Kap, dudes played 3 1/2 games.

As for Yates I'm iffy, he's on a team with a dominate defense, a premier RB and a HoF WR.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, the Travel Channel (of all channels) is debuting a show called NFL Road Tested. The first episode aired December 4th. A clip is below. I DVR'd it but haven't watched it yet....First episode or season features the Browns.

Here's a synopsis from Travel Channel's site -

http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-sho...articles/nfl-road-tested-the-cleveland-browns

In this first of its kind series with in-season coverage, the NFL will provide unprecedented access to Travel Channel to unveil never-before-seen footage of what it takes to run and travel an entire professional football team from city to city, game to game, during the regular season. Every road trip requires a massive amount of coordination to haul the 150-person squad 20,000 miles a season. From feeding six-tons of men, to clothing and housing them, to how a stadium prepares and deals with more than 70,000 rabid fans, Travel Channel’s cameras are there to capture this massive undertaking.

Viewers will see how the Cleveland Browns live and prepare each week through the eyes of the players, staff and team management all the way up and including the top dawg, new owner Jimmy Haslam. They can expect to learn more about the history behind deeply rooted team rivalries and other notable insights not typically covered in normal game coverage. Episodes will focus around the weeks leading up to games played against the New York Giants, Baltimore Ravens, Dallas Cowboys, Oakland Raiders, Denver Broncos and Pittsburgh Steelers. When the game ends, the real work begins … and there are no timeouts.

Each week, NFL Road Tested will feature different employees across the entire Cleveland Browns organization. From players, such as starting Rookie Quarterback Brandon Weeden, Rookie Running Back sensation Trent Richardson and Veteran Placekicker Phil Dawson; to the charismatic new Owner Jimmy Haslam, to the team’s Head Equipment Manager Brad Melland, and many, many more. Fans will get a true, up-close idea of the inner workings of a legendary NFL football organization.

Last edited:
These exact same things being said about how RG3 is incapable of having a sophomore slump is the exact same things that were said about Cam Newton last year in relation to Josh Freeman. .

Maybe fans and homers...It was obvious that Cam had a lot of work to do as a passer and that if NFL teams caught up to his style (which they did ending last year), that he'd be in for a rougher sophomore season. Biggest difference between him and RGIII is that RG is a much more polished passer who also has great running ability. He also seems to have a better grasp of X's and O's. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if RGIII doesn't have a slump next year relative to what we're seeing from Cam right now.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, the Travel Channel (of all channels) is debuting a show called NFL Road Tested. The first episode aired December 4th. A clip is below. I DVR'd it but haven't watched it yet....First episode or season features the Browns.

I also had it DVR'd. Looks kind of interesting.

Good/interesting read...
All season long, we've heard about young quarterbacks, and for good reason. Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III and Russell Wilson, all rookies, are making major noise in the NFL, leading their teams to playoff contention, winning big games and putting up stellar numbers.

But that's just for right now. What about the long-term future? Of the 28 first- or second-year quarterbacks currently rostered in the NFL, how many will be top-notch starters for years? How many can bring home a championship?

I've evaluated each of the quarterbacks in their first or second years who have logged enough minutes to provide an idea of their future potential, judging them according to 11 key traits for quarterbacks (see box to right). Then I ranked the top 13 quarterbacks according to their future capabilities, placing them in three tiers: A, B and C. To show how they stack up physically, I've included their measurements and 40-yard dash times.

GROUP A

These quarterbacks will all be starters for a long time and should take their teams to a Super Bowl or two in their careers. They all have the required physical dimensions (with one notable exception) and skills necessary to excel at the position.

1) Andrew Luck, rookie, Indianapolis Colts (6-foot-4, 235 pounds, 4.61-second 40-yard dash): Luck is very intelligent and has great poise; he can handle pressure. He's strong and tough. In Week 10, after Luck was picked off by Dawan Landry, he ran downfield to lay a big hit on the Jacksonville Jaguars defender. Many quarterbacks in that situation would try to avoid contact, but Luck sought it out. When guys see their quarterback doing stuff like that, it has an enormous impact. Luck is an outstanding decision-maker, thanks in large part to his great work ethic off the field.
Rest of Article in Link
It's funny to think 3 to 4 inches of height is what seperated Russell from being a 3rd to 1st round pick

Good/interesting read...

GROUP A

Rest of Article in Link
It's funny to think 3 to 4 inches of height is what seperated Russell from being a 3rd to 1st round pick

They said if Trill was just 2 inches taller he would've been the 3rd QB taken and prob top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom