NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get some Darrell Green love.

Maaan, they don't make 'em like that anymore. That's when pros were effing pros. They actually worked at their craft. Dudes like him, Monk, Tim Brown, Carnell Lake. NTer GSBoy (or whatever his name is) said I was on a high horse because I always talk about having heart &a work ethic. I miss players like them. There's still a few of them around but they're few & far between now.

It's looking like a 6-10/7-9 year for the jets, offense is looking :x and they built their defense wrong, they started with DBs first instead of DL

I'm always amazed that teams don't build their offensive & defensive lines...

Maaan, they don't make 'em like that anymore. That's when pros were effing pros. They actually worked at their craft. Dudes like him, Monk, Tim Brown, Carnell Lake. NTer GSBoy (or whatever his name is) said I was on a high horse because I always talk about having heart &a work ethic. I miss players like them. There's still a few of them around but they're few & far between now.
To this day I'm still convinced Tim Brown is one of the most underrated receivers in NFL history. No shine or flash, just hard work and determination.

Miss Ken Norton, Merton Hanks, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, etc.

Anyone know what the heck Irsay was yammering about on twitter? There was some chatter about Mike Wallace & MJD but the Steelers have already said several times they aren't trading Walllace. Anyone have any legit ideas?

To this day I'm still convinced Tim Brown is one of the most underrated receivers in NFL history. No shine or flash, just hard work and determination.
Miss Ken Norton, Merton Hanks, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, etc.

No Cris Carter? No wonder he gets overlooked for the Hall. :lol: Dude worked hard as hell.

Unmentioned because he's still fresh in the minds of NFL fans because of the ESPN gig. Helped make Fitz the man and receiver he is today.

Also liked Randle. Kevin Greene. Carl Pickens. Andre Reed. Andre Rison. LeRoy Butler.

Day for nostalgia. Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham, Herman Moore, Johnnie Morton, Eddie Kennison, Priest Holmes, Shawn Springs.

See, I hate these young WRs today. How in the heck did Garcon not catch that bomb from RGIII?

BTW - RIP to Jerry Nelson aka the voice of The Count on Sesame Street...

that boy rg3 just got rocked...unblocked defender up the middle always means ur qb is gonna get blessed tho..

doesnt happen if garcon catches that very catchable ball tho

Garcon will still be RG3's Smitty in 2012-2013.
what does it mean hell be his 'smitty'??

u mean garcon will be to rg3 what steve smith was to cam last year?? 

if so then i disagree...hes not seeing those numbers smith put up..

unless u mean he'll be his go to go...in which case..yea..i agree..

what does it mean hell be his 'smitty'??

u mean garcon will be to rg3 what steve smith was to cam last year?? 

if so then i disagree...hes not seeing those numbers smith put up..

unless u mean he'll be his go to go...in which case..yea..i agree..
To clarify completely, I meant Garcon will be RG3's primary go-to receiving option. Fred Davis a close second. Cam was fortunate to have a pair of solid TEs his rookie year as well.

Please do not lose that aggressiveness RG3.

When you get on the same pages with those boys defenses will be in fear.

Damb....Browns could have drafted Kendall Wright and Russell Wilson, and instead drafted 29 year old Weeden and a backup nose tackle.

Damb....Browns could have drafted Kendall Wright and Russell Wilson, and instead drafted 29 year old Weeden and a backup nose tackle.
That's hindsight, man. Plus we're weeks into preseason, can't even judge Wright and Russell completely yet. A lot of teams seemingly missed on Russell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom