NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how the running game went from first to near the bottom so quick. I remember a game where 2rbs had 100 yards and woodhead piled some on

I'm kinda scratching my head on that one also. Even Brick & Mangold struggled too. I think Brick has been playing hurt. I'm not sure what Mangold's problem is. It seems like once he got that contract extension, he was ghost. Let's see what that squad looks like when the regular season starts. Really shouldn't judge teams as a whole on preseason.

Excited to see how this season evolves. Lots of story lines.

Last edited:
Steelers GM has said flat out he's not trading Wallace so I think a deal will get done. They had a deal for close to $55 mil but the hang up was the guaranteed money in the first couple of years. They still have cap room to get something done.

Having said that, I would love that deal (even if it is a fantasy). I wished the Steelers would made a play for Nnamdi when he was a free agent but the Steelers never sign big free agents. He would be awesome in our D & Ike Taylor would thrive as a #2 CB...

Steelers GM has said flat out he's not trading Wallace so I think a deal will get done. They had a deal for close to $55 mil but the hang up was the guaranteed money in the first couple of years. They still have cap room to get something done.

Having said that, I would love that deal (even if it is a fantasy). I wished the Steelers would made a play for Nnamdi when he was a free agent but the Steelers never sign big free agents. He would be awesome in our D & Ike Taylor would thrive as a #2 CB...

But that 55m was before Antonio Brown got his deal right? I cant imagine them tying up 94 mil in 2 WR's who pretty much do the same thing

I like Ike (ha) but it'd be great to get another CB with skill in there. Not sure what's going to happen with MW, just hope he stays healthy

But that 55m was before Antonio Brown got his deal right? I cant imagine them tying up 94 mil in 2 WR's who pretty much do the same thing

Per one of the writers at Steelers Depot, the Steelers still have cap room for a deal within the $45-$55 mil range (which is a pretty wide range if you ask me). The hang up is going to be how the guaranteed money is going to be paid out in the first couple of years of the deal.

I've read in other websites/magazines saying Brown's contract shouldn't effect Wallace signing. I think Wallace was banking on there being some interest in him but there wasn't. I guess teams didn't want to pay big money & surrender a pick. I honestly think there may have been some collusion too.

You mean to tell me no one wanted Wallace? He's not just a deep threat contrary to popular opinion. He's a pretty complete WR. I know GMS1boy (whatever his username is) is going to hate me saying this, Wallace is also a hard worker.

Saw him speaking to the press after he signed his tender. He looked a little thicker as if he put on some muscle...

Per one of the writers at Steelers Depot, the Steelers still have cap room for a deal within the $45-$55 mil range (which is a pretty wide range if you ask me). The hang up is going to be how the guaranteed money is going to be paid out in the first couple of years of the deal.

I've read in other websites/magazines saying Brown's contract shouldn't effect Wallace signing. I think Wallace was banking on there being some interest in him but there wasn't. I guess teams didn't want to pay big money & surrender a pick. I honestly think there may have been some collusion too.

You mean to tell me no one wanted Wallace? He's not just a deep threat contrary to popular opinion. He's a pretty complete WR. I know GMS1boy (whatever his username is) is going to hate me saying this, Wallace is also a hard worker.

Saw him speaking to the press after he signed his tender. He looked a little thicker as if he put on some muscle...

Meh I mean hes a very good receiver, I just dont think he does anything that Brown and Sanders cant do. Brown went over 1100 yards last year as the #3 target behind Ward and Wallace. Wallace flourished and scored alot of touchdowns as the primary target as Ward declined

Meh I mean hes a very good receiver, I just dont think he does anything that Brown and Sanders cant do. Brown went over 1100 yards last year as the #3 target behind Ward and Wallace. Wallace flourished and scored alot of touchdowns as the primary target as Ward declined

I love Brown, but one could argue that he got his receptions/TDs because Wallace saw a lot of double coverage. Sanders has made some big catches, but not sure he's really proven himself as a consistent threat yet. I am going to hate seeing him go though if the Steelers sign Wallace.

Can't believe Brown is the first player to amass 1000+ yards in receiving & returns...

Last edited:
I love Brown, but one could argue that he got his receptions/TDs because Wallace saw a lot of double coverage. Sanders has made some big catches, but not sure he's really proven himself as a consistent threat yet. I am going to hate seeing him go though if the Steelers sign Wallace.

Can't believe Brown is the first player to amass 1000+ yards in receiving & returns...
this

people was telling Maclin was better than D-Jax during the contract negiotations and like "the ****? the only reason he's eating is because defenses are scared of getting exposed by D-Jax"

this

people was telling Maclin was better than D-Jax during the contract negiotations and like "the ****? the only reason he's eating is because defenses are scared of getting exposed by D-Jax"
i wouldn't go that far.. maclin is good in his own right.. they are just different WRs

aint too many deep threats on desean's level

Kyle Cook is now possibly done for the season. The Bengals have now lost 2 of the 5 starters on the o-line for the year. :smh:

Jeff Faine is expected to be signed.

why would Philly do this?!?!?!?! Makes no sense for them

It was just something someone mentioned in a hypothetical sense...

AFCN O-lines taking a beating, all teams have serious questions there which is unusual

I had so much hope after the Steeler draft that the line was rebuilt & we're right back where we were last year with the same dudes minus Kemoeatu who just liked jumping on piles after the fact & collecting other silly fouls.

Hopefully Gilbert makes strides playing right tackle & the other guys can stay healthy...I'm looking forward to seeing Haley's offense.

this

Stupid. While Maclin benefits from Jackson's presence, that's not the main or only reason why he produces. The man is good in his own right. If it came down to choosing one, I'd take Maclin.

Stupid. While Maclin benefits from Jackson's presence, that's not the main or only reason why he produces. The man is good in his own right. If it came down to choosing one, I'd take Maclin.

Agreed. His consistency and route running is superior to Desean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom