NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid. While Maclin benefits from Jackson's presence, that's not the main or only reason why he produces. The man is good in his own right. If it came down to choosing one, I'd take Maclin.

Agreed. His consistency and route running is superior to Desean.

Well running in a straight line isn't all that hard for Desean :lol:

Agreed. His consistency and route running is superior to Desean.

Are they asked to run the same routes?

Jmac and Desean have their pluses and minuses, but they are asked to do two different things for that Eagles offense so there is no realistic "choice" between the two

Last edited:
Are they asked to run the same routes?
Jmac and Desean have their pluses and minuses, but they are asked to do two different things for that Eagles offense so there is no realistic "choice" between the two

That's true. They play different roles for that Eagles offense, allowing both players to kind of feed off each other, but if you need a receiver you can rely on every Sunday, you have to go with Maclin. I like Desean and he's as dynamic as anybody in the league, but that's only when he's dialed in.

But he's usually dialed in, aside from when he's having contract issues :lol:

Desean drops too many passes for my tastes. Here's the league leaders in dropped passes over the last 3 years.

1. Roy Williams
2. James Jones
3. Mike Williams (Tampa Bay)
4. DeSean Jackson
5. Brandon Gibson
6. Terrell Owens
7. Donald Driver
8. Randy Moss
9. Dwayne Bowe
10. Brandon Marshall

Conversely, here are the most sure handed-

1. Earl Bennett
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Kevin Walter
4. Lance Moore
5. Malcom Floyd
7. Jabar Gaffney
8. Jason Avant
9. Austin Collie
10. Sidney Rice

Here's the source link if anyone cares to take a look. Pretty cool data.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/02/three-years-of-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

Last edited:
I was watching the replay of the SF/Denver game last night and was kind of surprised to see the Broncos get burned by a basic slant/wheel route combo for that TD to Vernon. So simple to recognize, but Denver failed.

But he's usually dialed in, aside from when he's having contract issues
laugh.gif
Desean drops too many passes for my tastes. Here's the league leaders in dropped passes over the last 3 years.

1. Roy Williams
2. James Jones

This clown James Jones would be a stud if he could hold onto the damn rock.
mean.gif

His Targets over that time span are probably the 3rd most at BEST on the team and hes still 2nd next to that bum Roy on the NFL drop list.
sick.gif

The worst part is he does it in big situations and/or when hes broken coverage and has a clear path to the paint.

But he's usually dialed in, aside from when he's having contract issues :lol:

1. Roy Williams

2. James Jones

This clown James Jones would be a stud if he could hold onto the damn rock. :smh:

His Targets over that time span are probably the 3rd most at BEST on the team and hes still 2nd next to that bum Roy on the NFL drop list. :x

The worst part is he does it in big situations and/or when hes broken coverage and has a clear path to the paint.

trade him to the bills for one their d-line men or dbs it would help both teams

But he's usually dialed in, aside from when he's having contract issues
laugh.gif

1. Roy Williams

2. James Jones

This clown James Jones would be a stud if he could hold onto the damn rock.
mean.gif

His Targets over that time span are probably the 3rd most at BEST on the team and hes still 2nd next to that bum Roy on the NFL drop list.
sick.gif

trade him to the bills for one their d-line men or dbs it would help both teams
No one wants the heartburn that comes with JJ getting the ball thrown to him in big games/moments bro.

Dude had a ball scoot through his greasy mitts in the SB 2 years ago that woulda gone to the house no question.

:lol: at Fitz being number 2 with the sure hands :pimp: dude has no choice with his QBs, he better not drop anything, god knows when it's coming again :lol:

better athlete, better after the catch, better route runner, best in the NFL at turning short passes into Long plays.

better athlete, better after the catch, better route runner, best in the NFL at turning short passes into Long plays.

Maclin has better hands, more consistent, and is not the headache that Desean can be at times. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I'd love to see who was targeted more on third downs. I'd be willing to bet it was Jeremy.

I like Desean, but he is limited, especially when he's just going through the motions.

Maclin has better hands, more consistent, and is not the headache that Desean can be at times. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I'd love to see who was targeted more on third downs. I'd be willing to bet it was Jeremy.
I like Desean, but he is limited, especially when he's just going through the motions.

He is only limited when he is going through the motions.

Maclin might be more consistent and doesnt shy away from contact but that is about it. Go watch some of DJax as a rookie and at Cal he CAN play underneath the safety. He has the tools.

Djax only problem is he plays when he wants to play and how he wants to play.

With that said.....Maclin turned out better than I thought he would be. His ability was a little overrated playing with Missouri in that O. If DJax played in that offense :x:x:x IMO at least.

Last edited:
BucEm or Gunna....

Tell me when I should expect to be disappointed w/ Tanard Jackson. It's gotta be coming, right? Dude has been ballin' this preseason.

Tanard has always been nice DoubleJ. He just was out of it after the suspension. He is the best safety on the Skins barring injury or being a knucklehead.

Last edited:
Tanard has always been nice DoubleJ. He just was out of it after the suspension. He is the best safety on the Skins barring injury or being a knucklehead.

yeah, i know he had some off the field stuff going on in TB....but watching him play, all I kept wondering is why he was let go by the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom