NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats everyone's opinion on Weeden & TRich?

I like Weeden. I think the naysayers are way too quick to judge because they don't like his age and wasn't close to anything like a sexy pick, but he's going to be real solid for a team trying to build a strong foundation. Eventually, I don't think he's any worse than Joe Flacco who is quite overrated himself.

Trent will be a very good pro. The line into being great depends on factors that may be out of his control (O-line, passing game, injury-free), but he should at least provide Cleveland with an above average running game for a good amount of years.

Overall, the core is solid with those two guys. Nothing outstanding overall, but these guys won't make the mistakes that cost ball games in my opinion. Trent can be great.

Last edited:
Man thing IMO with Weeden is that he needs the WR core to step up., whether it's MoMass or Little he needs someone to emerge as the #1 guy .. I actually like Travis Benjamin and think he can be a steal

That lack of a #1 WR could be a sore spot for sure, but the way I see Weeden playing is ala a Matt Ryan. Keep the ball inside the numbers, check downs, and easy reads. Limited chances taken down the field. Sounds boring, but for right now it'll be sound football and so long as mistakes are limited and turnovers minimal, which I think will be with him, then they'll be in every ball game.

your sucha hater. no way they even finish behind garbage Chicago

Yeah, okay...You're right. My post was littered with enraged hatred towards the Lions. Take off the blinders homer. They may finish second, but I got Chicago and Green Bay ahead of them.

Classic NT, you have an opinion someone doesn't like, you are a 'hater'. Sometimes I wonder how people are outside of this board

BTW if Weeden struggles it could definitely be a product of the system/team. Browns just need a lot of work in a lot of places but the NFL has seen quick turnarounds before. I honestly thought Colt could work but got the short end of the stick

The Bears (on paper) are loaded.
sick.gif

Unless they have a slew of injuries like last season the worst they'll finish in the NFC North is 2nd. Wouldn't be surprised if they won the division either.

That 1st Thursday night game between the Bears and Packers should be great.

just came back to this thread to see all the slander from panthers fans of all people. the texans went to the afc division round game, and barely lost to the ravens with a 3rd string quarterback and jacoby jones deciding to fumble at the worst moments possible. a healthy roster this year definitely could have won the superbowl.

just came back to this thread to see all the slander from panthers fans of all people. the texans went to the afc division round game, and barely lost to the ravens with a 3rd string quarterback and jacoby jones deciding to fumble at the worst moments possible. a healthy roster this year definitely could have won the superbowl.

LOL.

Lulz at people taking such offense to people talking about their teams.

Bears & Texans should be fine provided everyone stays healthy. Not so sure about Detroit though, the play last season & especially the trouble off season has proven the team has very little discipline which is necessary to be a good team. I think the Lions will the team to take a step back, maybe a giant step back.

Reeally interested to see how Cam does his second year. Sad that so many teams passed on Rivera for their HC for so many years. Can't wait to see what he & his staff put together for their second season.

TRich should have a monster year with the too-doo browns (as long as he stays healthy). They're just going to run the wheels off of him this season since they have very little weapons & Shurmur has proven to be a bad HC. Weeden might do ok if Little can learn to actually catch the ball (& the receiving corp steps up). Not sure they teach that in college programs anymore (that & running routes). Holmgren has also proven to me that he's a good HC but terrible executive.

People really don't watch football if they say Wallace is just a deep threat. He's a solid all around receiver. Brown had the monster year because Wallace was double teamed all last year. Still like Brown's signing though.

Brown's deal might not impede signing Wallace. Brown's new deal ate up $1.7 mil of this years cap space. They have a little over $4 mil in cap space for this year & room overall to get a nice deal for Wallace provided he comes down from the alleged Fitz money he wants.

Even if Wallace walks, then I'm cool with it as long as we can sign Emmanuel Sanders. I also really like Cotchery. He fits right in with the Steelers & seems to really love playing with them.

Why do you guys act like this is so far from the truth? The Texans had the best defense, running game, one of the best doing it at WR, a very good TE, amazing OL and a pretty good quarterback.

And the Bears have a chance to be really, really good this year.

last season is done, not going to go back and debate what ifs we peoples whos teams team didnt make the playoffs "dream team" :rolleyes and someone high off a 6-10 season :rolleyes

the defense is gotten a year better and older

super mario leaving isnt going to hurt that much because it gave our rookies alot of burn last year, and they played pretty well.

Foster is gonna run thru teams, AJ is gonna be AJ

Matt when healthy is a top 10 QB, and if he goes down this year we still have Yates with alot of game experience under his belt and playoff games.

Barring major injuries

12-4 at best, 10-6 at worst while winning the division

:D

Last edited:
At the end of the day its still the texans, though. They not winning **** this year or anytime in the near future.

Next.

Last edited:
:lol: We're all so aggressive. This season needs to start so the real trash talk can begin. :pimp:

I won't be doing much on behalf of the Vikings though. :smh:

Last edited:
I've been ready for football since March...Can't wait till the season starts. So many story lines that need to unfold. The one thing about the Bears, does Bear fans really believe in Tice as an OC? He did an admirable job running the o-line despite not having a lot of talent but running the whole O is another thing especially when you have a mercurial QB & WR...

Tice is a real solid coach if he doesn't get caught up in Randy ratios and the like. He needs to leave the innovating to other guys, but other than that, he knows the game extremely well and is more fundamentals than flash and flare. Not a bad thing for a team that just needs to get the ball in the hands of playmakers so they can do their thing.

Last edited:
That's what I thought, but will that be ok with Cutler & Marshall? Cutler seems to have matured a bit but if the team doesn't do well & the O sputters a bit, I can see Jay acting like an insolent child again (& definitely Marshall but that goes without saying). Maybe he can also find more use for Matt Spaeth. Not sure what Martz had against TEs but Spaeth is a nice pass catching TE (all around good TE)...

Cutler is always gonna be that improvisional QB that takes chances but I look at that as being a good thing. Coaches only coach and the players some times just have to make something happen. I agree about when things start to sputter, Cutler has some horrible body language and demeanors of a bad attitude. Never liked that about him, but teammates seem certain that's just who he is and is appreciated. We'll see though.

last season is done, not going to go back and debate what ifs we peoples whos teams team didnt make the playoffs "dream team"
eyes.gif
and someone high off a 6-10 season
eyes.gif

the defense is gotten a year better and older

super mario leaving isnt going to hurt that much because it gave our rookies alot of burn last year, and they played pretty well.

Foster is gonna run thru teams, AJ is gonna be AJ

Matt when healthy is a top 10 QB, and if he goes down this year we still have Yates with alot of game experience under his belt and playoff games.

Barring major injuries

12-4 at best, 10-6 at worst while winning the division

happy.gif
i agree with most of your post but lets be real, the absence of one man is the only reason why your gonna win that division.

i agree with most of your post but lets be real, the absence of one man is the only reason why your gonna win that division.

and here we go with that nonsense

oh wells, at least i know well get farther than the eagles :D

and here we go with that nonsense

oh wells, at least i know well get farther than the eagles
happy.gif
time will tell but being tested in the formidable NFC East with a tough schedule>>>>>>>>>>>>>>that kitten party in the AFC South

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom