NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="VA757VA" url="/t/345476/2012-nfl-discussion-thread-training-camps-underway-preseason-power-rankings-pg-4/210#post_16057498"

Nd MMG, the Texans straight hit a lick last year with JJ Watt, and Jonathan Joseph...instantly made that defense respectable(Wade Phillips is known for improving defenses IMMEDIATELY)  but lets not kid ourselves and act like you guys win the division last year if #18 was playing..lol..no way in hell yall come close to winning that if peyton is around...lets be real..lol..
[/quote]

Whatever helps you sleep at night dude. But the reality is that Colts team would have struggled to make it to .500 even with Peyton last year. Their defense was absolutely terrible, they had no run game. They had a lot more issues than the QB position. I can't believe that team would have won 10 games just because of Peyton and his previous records like some of you dudes, way to many holes on that team.

Christian Ponder was 16 of 17 on Friday and 12 of 14 on Saturday in 11 on 11 drills. His favorite target was Kyle Rudolph.

every other team in the NFC north?

Hearing great things about Simpson so far.. sucks he's gotta miss a few games to open the season. Our Wr core is nothing to write home about, but it should definitely be better than it was last year (sans Percy, who had a great year). Main concern to me is still the secondary and of course, AP's injury.

WR core should definitely be improved... Jerome Simpson is already making people rave, and Childs and Wright both are supposedly underrated selections in the draft who could contribute right away. And we don't even have to discuss the man Percy Harvin....

I'm also looking forward to the production out of the TE position. Paid John Carlson a TON of $, but he's a good all-around offensive weapon in terms of blocking and receving, and then there's Kyle Rudolph who could have around 7-8 TDs and a breakout year if he stays healthy. Ponder loves him.

We'll see how Jasper Brinkley does at MLB... going to be weird not seeing EJ Henderson there. He's commanded that post since 2004 I believe?

WR core should definitely be improved... Jerome Simpson is already making people rave, and Childs and Wright both are supposedly underrated selections in the draft who could contribute right away. And we don't even have to discuss the man Percy Harvin....
I'm also looking forward to the production out of the TE position. Paid John Carlson a TON of $, but he's a good all-around offensive weapon in terms of blocking and receving, and then there's Kyle Rudolph who could have around 7-8 TDs and a breakout year if he stays healthy. Ponder loves him.
We'll see how Jasper Brinkley does at MLB... going to be weird not seeing EJ Henderson there. He's commanded that post since 2004 I believe?

Let's not sleep on Everson Griffen. He had a great off sides. He should be on the field. Chris Cook should have a break out season. I am expecting this team to win 7 games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...dock-attempted-suicide-in-critical-condition/

Report: Titans’ O.J. Murdock attempted suicide, in critical condition

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 30, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT

Titans receiver O.J. Murdock, who has been absent from training camp for what the team described as personal reasons, is reportedly in critical condition in a Florida hospital after shooting himself this morning.

The Tampa Bay Times reports that police officers discovered Orenthal James Murdock at about 8:30 a.m. in his car in front of Middleton High School, where he graduated in 2005, after he apparently attempted suicide. He was taken to Tampa General Hospital with critical injuries.

After graduating from Middleton High, Murdock played two years of college football at South Carolina and then transferred to Fort Hays State, where he played two more years.

The Titans signed Murdock as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He spent his rookie year on injured reserve with a foot injury.

Last edited:
Wow :smh: |I

Some reports are saying he passed. RIP if true

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom