NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desean has almost been killed atleast 3 times on the field that ive witnessed you dudes are stupid if you dont think he should try and get every penny he can get

Desean has almost been killed atleast 3 times on the field that ive witnessed you dudes are stupid if you dont think he should try and get every penny he can get

No ones saying he shouldn't try and get every penny. Because he absolutely should. But is he really worth 10+mill a season when he's more worried about staying healthy and not getting hurt rather than doing everything possible to help his team win?

Desean Jackson has 10 million guaranteed left on his contract and is 27 what the hell yall talking about its too much money.

Desean Jackson has 10 million guaranteed left on his contract and is 27 what the hell yall talking about its too much money.

This. I mean, no way I'd reup him for more than 10 million a year. But I'd be OK with his contract right now.

Last edited:
That's $10mm every year you want to keep him.  Seahawks certainly aren't taking that cap hit for another WR.  Panthers can't afford it.  49ers almost certainly wouldn't do it either.  You only allocate that if you aren't paying a #1 receiver already and you want DeSean to be it.

Last edited:
In a 123 million dollar salary cap world I'm not paying Desean Jackson 10 million a year.

In a 150 million salary cap world I am til he hits 30.

Last edited:
swear to god I just wish someone in the Eagles organization would just step forward and squash these rumors, I hate the offseason fake stories beat reporters pull out of their butts :x

trading/cutting Desean would be idiotic, especially for an unproven rookie when we got Riley Cooper who had his best year WITH Desean on the field and Maclin who is coming off a torn ACL. And the fact we could draft a rookie WR any damn way since the draft is deep with em

Desean Jackson had the best year of his career, and is still very much a game breaker. And he deserves to be paid like such.

82 catches, 1300+ yards, 9 tds.

You don't get those stats by coasting, or playing when you want to, or running one route. Lol.

Desean Jackson had the best year of his career, and is still very much a game breaker. And he deserves to be paid like such.

82 catches, 1300+ yards, 9 tds.

You don't get those stats by coasting, or playing when you want to, or running one route. Lol.
Best offense of his career around him, to be fair.  But yeah, he's a very good player.  

DeSean is good but we're gonna ignore the fact that he's thrown plenty of fits, fought with coaches, players and *****ed about sitting out the season? Oh okay.

He's not a top 10 talent, one good hit and he's out for a few games. No team wants to deal with his ****.

DeSean is good but we're gonna ignore the fact that he's thrown plenty of fits, fought with coaches, players and *****ed about sitting out the season? Oh okay.

He's not a top 10 talent, one good hit and he's out for a few games. No team wants to deal with his ****.

You just described 75% of good NFL wide receivers.

swear to god I just wish someone in the Eagles organization would just step forward and squash these rumors, I hate the offseason fake stories beat reporters pull out of their butts :x

trading/cutting Desean would be idiotic, especially for an unproven rookie when we got Riley Cooper who had his best year WITH Desean on the field and Maclin who is coming off a torn ACL. And the fact we could draft a rookie WR any damn way since the draft is deep with em

Don'tcha think there's a reason why no one has stepped forward?

Desean is a problem and when he started talking new contract that was the beginning of the end for him; he said he took 2011 basically because he didn't get his contract.

Rumors are Chip Kelly doesn't like him because he is a "me" guy and not a "team" guy and that is the culture that Chip wants in his locker room.

This draft is VERY deep with WR; you can get 1st round talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year.

I have been on record that I have no problem saying peace out to Desean; he's gonna be a problem when he doesn't get a new contract AGAIN which he just received in 2012.

Vick visiting with the Jets this weekend.

Don'tcha think there's a reason why no one has stepped forward?

true, could also be because Chip doesn't have the demeanor to address anything like that anyway. He's a rock he doesn't show his hand to the media at all especially when it's not mandatory at the moment since it's the offseason.

Last edited:
$10m a year ? cut it out

if you havent noticed , the value of "top WRs" is decreasing and will continue to do so

please list in your opinion the top 5 WRs in the game right now and then list for me how many playoff wins they had in 2013

edit -- lets actually expand it to top 10

Last edited:
it's not even about the money with Desean; the Eagles cap is fine but he's becoming a distraction according to insiders and they are fed up with his "me, me, me" attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom