NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever Freeman's name is mentioned Vikings fans always come in here and just go off about how much he sucks :lol:

Believe me, I saw the MNF game against the Giants, and it was one of the worst performances I've ever seen. But that really wasn't how he played the rest of his career.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ball-doesnt-get-single-bid-at-charity-auction

laugh.gif

Whenever Freeman's name is mentioned Vikings fans always come in here and just go off about how much he sucks :lol:

Believe me, I saw the MNF game against the Giants, and it was one of the worst performances I've ever seen. But that really wasn't how he played the rest of his career.

Fair

That Freeman game doesn't hold any weight to me. He literally just gets on the team and they had him throw something like 45 passes. **** was so stupid

When he was a jet they called Rhodes Hollywood, I swear he got black balled from thse pics
 Wasnt he like a top 5 safety his last year in the league 
sick.gif

Ray Ventrone JUST retired and got a job as a coaching assistant 
laugh.gif

Michael Sam is food b'

But Rhodes was one of the better safeties.

That boy got blackballed and screwed.

I said working with Kurt Warner wont help with what he needs to overcome. It can be taken that I might have implied he sucks, but I did not outright say he sucks.

And I take offense to "some Vikings fan." I know a good deal about the quarterback position.

I do not blame Josh too much for that **** performance on MNF. I understood the circumstances at that time. I also saw who he was most of his career. Again though, I dont think Kurt Warner can help Josh. Josh has to help Josh.

That Freeman game doesn't hold any weight to me. He literally just gets on the team and they had him throw something like 45 passes. **** was so stupid

Haha yeah it was pretty ridiculous, they signed him like the night before

Wasnt he like a top 5 safety his last year in the league :x .

Ray Ventrone JUST retired and got a job as a coaching assistant :lol: .

Michael Sam is food b'

But Rhodes was one of the better safeties.

That boy got blackballed and screwed.

What happened to Rhodes was insane especially considering the environment where DBs like Goldson got paid what they did. Clear sign that the homophobia is real.

The circus = distractions and making one player bigger then the team.

If I was on a team I wouldn't want that and I have nothing again homosexuals.

*shrug*
The root is still homophobia, the circus is just a product of it

The circus thing is an excuse but its real

Aaron Rodgers should just come out and set the gays free

Last edited:
 The Bucs signed Goldson to a huge contract two years ago, only to trade him to Washington for the paltry compensation of swapping a seventh-round pick for a sixth-round in the 2016 draft. The Bucs have already paid Goldson $18 million and still have to pay him another $4 million this year, even though he’s not on the team anymore.

The Bucs also traded their 2013 first-round pick and 2014 fourth-round pick to the Jets for Darrelle Revis, paid Revis $16 million, and got one season of work out of him. After spending last season with the Patriots, Revis is back with the Jets.

And the Bucs used the seventh overall pick in the 2012 draft on safety Mark Barron, who lasted two seasons in Tampa Bay before the Bucs traded him to St. Louis for a fourth-round pick and a sixth-round pick. The Bucs paid Barron more than $10 million before getting rid of him.

Add it all up, and the Bucs used two first-round picks and a fourth-round pick, and spent nearly $50 million, for three players in the secondary. Devote those resources to one position group, and you should end up with the best secondary in the NFL. Instead, they’re all gone.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-show-for-a-huge-investment-in-the-secondary/

sick.gif

The biggest problem was investing in two hard hitting safeties in a league that doesn't allow them to play that way anymore.

I've said that plenty of times too...but we would have been in the playoffs in Schiano's first year a couple years ago when we went 8-8 if it wasn't for some blatantly bad unnecessary roughness calls on Goldson where they were clearly targeting him based on his reputation. There were some terrrrrible ones where we had the game won and they would call something ridiculous on Goldson on the other team's last drive.

They should have went after Byrd instead of Goldson and that whole secondary would have probably worked out a lot better.

Last edited:
Ummm.

It has to do with the fact they invested in 2 safeties that couldn't cover.

Cause Kam lays people out weekly for the Hawks.

Hell DJ is a missle for the texans weekly as well.

Basically. The guys just couldn't cover. Goldson was hidden by the incredible 49ers front 7,

Barron a classic bust that lived in draft reputation for longer than he should have

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom