NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Born in Oakland and lived there for a while, but never been to a Raiders game there even though much of the family still live down there and are Raiders fans. Would love to go to a game at the new stadium, heard old one was literally trash, so I didn't bother.

ive been there twice to see broncos vs raiders. stadium is as average as can be. broncos won both games :smokin

Come this year.

Born in Oakland and lived there for a while, but never been to a Raiders game there even though much of the family still live down there and are Raiders fans. Would love to go to a game at the new stadium, heard old one was literally trash, so I didn't bother.

ive been there twice to see broncos vs raiders. stadium is as average as can be. broncos won both games :smokin

The Coliseum is better for Football than Baseball at this point. I want to go to a game in Denver. My cousins have season tickets to the Donkeys

Come this year.

i want to go this year. tailgate party :nerd:

The Coliseum is better for Football than Baseball at this point. I want to go to a game in Denver. My cousins have season tickets to the Donkeys

still need to see denver in denver |I would be a great experience.

oakland stadium was meh but i had a great time both times i went. talked it up with these ballers from chicago. dudes had season tickets and would fly in from chicago for every home game. one was a lawyer, another a stock broker, neuro surgeon, and a ceo. real cool dudes. second time sat to some bandwagon broncos fan. dude had a manning jersey on. tried talking football with him but he didnt know anyone on the team other than manning. von and champ had good games. he didnt have a clue who i was talking about :smh: didnt talk to him the rest of the game. instead turned around and talked to the raiders fans behind me :lol:

Come this year.

oakland stadium was meh but i had a great time both times i went. talked it up with these ballers from chicago. dudes had season tickets and would fly in from chicago for every home game. one was a lawyer, another a stock broker, neuro surgeon, and a ceo. real cool dudes. second time sat to some bandwagon broncos fan. dude had a manning jersey on. tried talking football with him but he didnt know anyone on the team other than manning. von and champ had good games. he didnt have a clue who i was talking about :smh: didnt talk to him the rest of the game. instead turned around and talked to the raiders fans behind me :lol:

When Leonard Williams sacks Peyton twice this year we can talk about that.

Come this year.

When Leonard Williams sacks Peyton twice this year we can talk about that.

y u do dis :frown:

carr :smokin

people always looking for excuses not to tip
laugh.gif
He must be a NTer 
laugh.gif

NTers def hate to tip :lol:

I worked and lived in Ocean City, MD back in 2002 for the summer and Tony Siragusa came in and I waited on him, he was cool as hell, tipped me $150

Everyone should work in the food industry for a year. You'll appreciate the positions and tip well

Last edited:
Everyone should work in the food industry for a year. You'll apprecaite the positions and tip well

agreed I put in a good 11 years, waiters and waitresses take it on the chin for the entire industry for the most part

Seems to me that in the service industry, anyone who is the first line of contact between customer and company is the one that takes the most abuse. I will never understand people who happily treat customer service like ****.

agreed I put in a good 11 years, waiters and waitresses take it on the chin for the entire industry for the most part

Worst when it's all on the kitchen and you just take the abuse since you don't want to throw them under the bus.

Worst when it's all on the kitchen and you just take the abuse since you don't want to throw them under the bus.

yup that is exactly what I was getting at and you can't keep going in the kitchen and asking where the food is

my friend's brother used to deliver pizza & he put his balls all over the pizza before going to the door because they were nasty on the phone.

:smh: :lol:

Miss me with that, people always say that on NT. People who've worked retail say everyone should work retail at some point. People who worked with adolescents like me, say everyone should work with teens at some point.

Dont really want to say anything about tipping nor do I even want to go there but I tip damn well if only because I generally frequent the same handful of spots and it comes back to me, but working in the food industry is no different than a 1000 other jobs out there in that it's own unique kind of difficult.

none of that is really relevant to not tipping people who make roughly $3 an hour without tips though

Miss me with that, people always say that on NT. People who've worked retail say everyone should work retail at some point. People who worked with adolescents like me, say everyone should work with teens at some point.

Dont really want to say anything about tipping nor do I even want to go there but I tip damn well if only because I generally frequent the same handful of spots and it comes back to me, but working in the food industry is no different than a 1000 other jobs out there in that it's own unique kind of difficult.
none of that is really relevant to not tipping people who make roughly $3 an hour without tips though
OK then I guess this is why I have a problem with the food industry sob story that constantly gets regurgitated about people not tipping. I've just never personally known any waiter that's struggling like that. I've had plenty of friends, acquaintances, whatever, who are or were waiters and they all generally make a lot more than CA minimum wage.

If EVERY single customer  tipped a "fair" amount, let's say 20%, what would you made back in the day? $20-25 an hour? Waiters deserve that? Teachers don't make that in CA. 

Speaking of minimum wage, are restaurants really allowed to pay you less per hour than state and/or federal min wage? Honestly asking.  Even so, I can't imagine they'd be able to get away with it if yall weren't getting compensated more or less fairly.... through tips.... even with all the people out there who tip or don't tip "well".

As a side note if you're waiting at Denny's I have no sympathy. Grind it out while you go to school or learn your hustle and move on up in the world like everybody else. 

Again man waiters in major cities in my part of the country aren't struggling. They're doing far better than average joe even with all the people out there who won't tip on a good day. 

Last edited:
Working with the public is the hardest thing to do in America that isn't dangerous.

People who work hard and do a decent job deserve to make a decent wage.

If my tips make that happen so be it, if you don't know to do it then so be it.

But don't come up with hypocritical, quasi-reasoning behind why people shouldn't tip.

I've done everything in the service industry and the hardest thing I've done in my life is serve food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom