NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working with the public is the hardest thing to do in America that isn't dangerous.

People who work hard and do a decent job deserve to make a decent wage.

If my tips make that happen so be it, if you don't know to do it then so be it.

But don't come up with hypocritical, quasi-reasoning behind why people shouldn't tip.

I've done everything in the service industry and the hardest thing I've done in my life is serve food.
I don't know if you're referring to me or not but to be 100% clear, that's pretty clearly NOT what I'm doing. 

You didn't make decent wages?

I'm also curious where you're getting hypocritical form. 

All you waiters and former waiters, do you generally feel you are, were or were not consistently compensated fairly for your service? Not the same question as would you like to be paid more. Again the crux of my argument against waiters crying foul is that in the Bay Area and Los Angeles at least, they get compensated well relatively speaking. 

Last edited:
french-toast-o.gif

It's simple... If the service is good I tip "good", %20.

If it's average I tip average, %15.

If it's bad, I don't tip.. Rarely has this been the case, but it happens.

I don't feel OBLIGATED to tip tho... I've had some straight HORRIBLE waiting experiences, I don't see why that deserves a tip....

I go out every Saturday with my girl, it's our date night..when you eat out that much your bound to get bad service here and there.

people always looking for excuses not to tip
laugh.gif
agreed I put in a good 11 years, waiters and waitresses take it on the chin for the entire industry for the most part
except in the food industry, waiters and waitresses live off their tips
Working with the public is the hardest thing to do in America that isn't dangerous.

People who work hard and do a decent job deserve to make a decent wage.

If my tips make that happen so be it, if you don't know to do it then so be it.

But don't come up with hypocritical, quasi-reasoning behind why people shouldn't tip.

I've done everything in the service industry and the hardest thing I've done in my life is serve food.
Please don't being that dumb *** tipping argument in here.

I'll leave this here. It's appropriate...

Last edited:

I don't feel OBLIGATED to tip tho... I've had some straight HORRIBLE waiting experiences, I don't see why that deserves a tip....

All This

I go out every Saturday with my girl, it's our date night..when you eat out that much your bound to get bad service here and there.

My point was make sure the bad service is on the waiter. Often it isn't and they get hit with the no tip when they do everything they can to make your experience good

If you are a 'tipped' employee minimum wage is far below the 'standard' level

My comments weren't a reason to always tip (not my intent), but more to understand how horrific the American public is. Makes you appreciate the people that grind in that industry for life...

And Ice I agree, I think people should work a variety of different jobs and industries to appreciate the challenges and unique circumstances. My comment wasn't to only mean I felt that way about the food industry and exclude others. I feel the same on retail and cold calling sales jobs

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/06/nate-boyer-long-snapper-green-beret-nfl-draft/6/

1. I think the most stunning piece of news from the last few days, other than Sarah Thomas, was Chris Mortensen reporting that the Browns had basically moved on from Johnny Manziel. The way he described it on ESPN was that, when the offensive staff was putting together the offseason program, “Manziel’s name barely even came up in conversation.” I can tell you this: Mortensen is 100 percent accurate here. In fact, when the quarterbacks have been discussed this offseason in-house, Josh McCown is the dominant talking point, and then Thad Lewis, signed last month as a free agent. Then comes Manziel and Connor Shaw. The point is that Manziel has given the Browns no reason to think he’s the long-term answer at quarterback.

8. I think I love the Philip Rivers-to-Tennessee rumor, which The Tennesseean’s David Climer has advanced at some length. Rivers won’t sign an extension (at least now) with San Diego, and the Chargers do like Marcus Mariota. The only problem with the theory: Chargers coach Mike McCoy loves Rivers unconditionally; GM Tom Telesco is in the same league as McCoy. Could Rivers be telling the Chargers they’d better make some plans beyond 2015 because he doesn’t want to return? I doubt it, but I suppose it’s possible. In any case, the Chargers moving up for Mariota is going to be a sexy rumor in the three weeks leading up to the draft. Round one, by the way, is 24 nights from tonight.

The Browns are getting excited over Josh McCown? :lol:

I could see if they picked up a upper level quarterback like a Rivers, Eli or Stafford but not him.

Keep Johnny for another year and see how he develops.

There's really no benefit in cutting him at this point in time, you used a first round pick on him and it's the same regime running the team.

I wouldn't mind seeing Phil in Ten. It's time for him and SD to part ways, they missed that window years ago.

Would prefer to see Phil in CLE, BUF or NYJ though.

Is there a more meh team in the NFL than the Titans?

Most squads have a handful of players that you like to watch. Maybe a few young cats that you want to see ball out.

Tennessee has like... nothing exciting about them whatsoever. Sankey is the highlight on that team. Really tells you something. :lol:

Last edited:
Shame because I used to be really into the Titans, Steve McNair was my favorite player of all time.  They were a staple tough team come playoff time.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom