NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
time warner laughs when you do that and says ok we'll send a rep to get our cable box.
laugh.gif
 no they'll tell you to bring it in and wait in line at the nearest location

@karlburgess: Imagine if Chip Kelly only signed Sam Bradford, Ryan Matthews & DeMarco Murray as trading chips to get up to Mariota......

Would be hilarious as s**t. But I would only have to commend Chip :lol:

Yup I do the same thing when it is time to re-up on my XMRadio subscription. Think I am going to pay $100+ to listen to the radio.

I tell them to cancel me and I will just use my phone and stream Pandora/Spotify/Google Music to my phone instead.

All but 1 time it works on the spot and I get it reduced right then. One time though I told them to cancel it since they wouldn't budge and claimed that I wasn't eligible to renew. I told them that was fine and that I would be getting the "special" 6 months for $30 in the mail once I cancel. The rep tried to say that wasn't a guaranteed thing to receive and it is random.....what you think I got in the mail about a week or 2 later?
laugh.gif

@karlburgess: Imagine if Chip Kelly only signed Sam Bradford, Ryan Matthews & DeMarco Murray as trading chips to get up to Mariota......

Would be hilarious as s**t. But I would only have to commend Chip
laugh.gif
The way he has been operating this off-season, this isn't as crazy an idea as one would normally think
laugh.gif

Guys, do y'all not know how to work DirecTV to keep your bill low?

It's pretty simple: call them and tell them that you want to cancel your service. Set the date for a week from when you call and tell them that it's because you can get a better deal from Comcast.

What happens next: Within 48 hours, they'll call you and you'll get an account rep on the phone. You can then ask for damn near anything you want and tell them what Comcast 'offered you.'

I did this last August when my bill went up to $100. Said I was going to Comcast and to end my service. Signed a 1-year contract with DirecTV while on the phone with:
-Free NFL Sunday Ticket
-12 months of HBO
-$250 Visa Gift Card
-$65 locked in bill price for the entirety of the year
-Upgrade to the Genie Box

All I had to do was cancel my service and they bent over backwards for me. :lol: :pimp:

did this

ended up with every HD channel 2 hoppers and the fastest internet

Century Link Prism FTW :smokin

Chip is that dude strictly his gaudy IDGAF attitude. He does what the hell he wants lol

are they streaming the draft online? I think they streamed it last year? :nerd:

time warner laughs when you do that and says ok we'll send a rep to get our cable box.
:lol:  no they'll tell you to bring it in and wait in line at the nearest location

Comcast, too. They called my bluff hard. :smh: Told them that their internet was too pricey and the guy said "just drop the modem off tomorrow, I'll turn your service off now."

Only having one broadband provider in your city FTL

I worked Verizon over pretty good, I have top tier cable for basic price

it started because I couldn't get the Redzone channel without being forced into buying a top package and then I still have to pay like $70 for Redzone so I basically told them I will call the NFL and explain how they are losing money because of predatory cable tactics and they quickly started throwing me free services

Comcast, too. They called my bluff hard. :smh: Told them that their internet was too pricey and the guy said "just drop the modem off tomorrow, I'll turn your service off now."

I think we have talked about this before. I need to try with DTV, but yeah...Comcast gave no damns when I threatened to cancel. Bastards.

Last edited:

I think we have talked about this before. I need to try with DTV, but yeah...Comcast gave no damns when I threatened to cancel. Bastards.

South Park summed it up well

I like these black SF jerseys with the red lettering. I remember these from my childhood. My boy had one. I know they never wore them but they sold them.

well i'm gonna try it. to be honest, i love the xfinity package i have. but not at $250 a month. i'll drop them if they don't come down more from the $200 or so they offered to go down to. hoping i can get direct tv at my apt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom