NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course we hear about those who start as a 'non-suspect' before transitioning to a 'suspect', and of course we're not going to hear about the people that start as a 'non-suspect' and stay a 'non-suspect' ... nobody's going to write/report on that because it's not a story. Yet, it's far more prevalent for that to happen than somebody suddenly turning into a suspect after being a non-suspect. But because we hear about that, we think it's more common than it really is when it's really not common at all.

Again, using Aaron Hernandez as an example? Well, La'el Collins is probably guilty/messed up in this too ... ok :smh:

Aaron Hernandez is the prime example of why La'el wasn't drafted though

Again this isn't just some "he was at a party and somebody got shot" and they are asking him did he see the shooter or any fights, this is his former GF, who happened to be pregnant. Almost always in cases like this, a significant other is a suspect by default, even if they weren't in the same area.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have drafted his *** either.

I've seen plenty of cases where they say person isn't a suspect only to to name them a suspect later.

They do that so they can gather information and hope the person thinking they got clean off and make a mistake.

Not to mention this is murder.

Not child / spouse beating.

Not theft.

But murder.

Come on man.

PREACH! Plus not calling the police back for days is just plain stupid if you didn't have anything to do with it. Dude probably cost himself millions trying to honor the code of the streets and not talk to the cops :smh:

Winston Reportedly Recruiting Collins
Tuesday May 5
Rand Getlin of Yahoo Sports reported that Tampa Bay quarterback Jameis Winston is "pushing hard" for Collins to join the Buccaneers after going undrafted. Getlin reported that Winston had reached out multiple times in the past 24 hours.

PREACH! Plus not calling the police back for days is just plain stupid if you didn't have anything to do with it. Dude probably cost himself millions trying to honor the code of the streets and not talk to the cops :smh:

that's another thing, he wasn't returning their calls and neither was his lawyer

Pretty much.

Plus I thought I heard when the police department contacted him he wasn't answering?

Where was this reported?

Sounds like he had to hire a lawyer and talk about how to proceed before talking to police himself. Seriously, do you guys think you only need a lawyer when you're guilty?

Sounds like he had to hire a lawyer and talk about how to proceed before talking to police himself. Seriously, do you guys think you only need a lawyer when you're guilty?

would you have used the one of the Vikings 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounders on him last Thursday or Friday?

Are you saying he should or shouldn't have had a lawyer?

would you have used the one of the Vikings 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounders on him last Thursday or Friday?

A third round pick, of course. Probably earlier, because by Friday it had already been repeated over and over again that he wasn't a suspect, and until that changes, he's not a suspect in my mind and I'm going to operate in that way.

Listen, it doesn't make whatever team picked him a haven of criminals. It doesn't mean they're prioritizing business over ethics, and it doesn't mean they're saying they think La'el Collins is absolutely not involved.

It means you're operating on facts at the time they've been presented to you, and not what Hernandez did (which has nothing to do with Collins) or whatever happened in the First 48 rerun you watched that week (which has nothing to do with real-life situations and Collins). If the facts change, which surprise, didnt happen, you cut ties and be done with him.

He's not 'involved' in a murder investigation unless you're using the literal sense of the word and in that case I'd prefer we just stop talking.

Last edited:
A third round pick, of course. Probably earlier, because by Friday it had already been repeated over and over again that he wasn't a suspect, and until that changes, he's not a suspect in my mind and I'm going to operate in that way

Listen, it doesn't make whatever team picked him a haven of criminals. It doesn't mean they're prioritizing business over ethics, and it doesn't mean they're saying they think La'el Collins is absolutely not involved.

It means you're operating on facts at the time they've been presented to you, and not what Hernandez did or whatever happened in the First 48 rerun you watched that week. If the facts change, which surprise, didnt happen, you cut ties and be done with him.

He's not 'involved' in a murder investigation unless you're using the literal sense of the word and in that case I'd prefer we just stop talking.

you really are going way overboard with this and putting words in people's mouths, it's really simple...

the bottom line: teams didn't want to potentially waste a high draft pick when his name wasn't cleared

just because they say he's not a suspect doesn't mean he's actually not a suspect nah mean. now i would've maybe taken a chance with a 7th rounder but at that point, why waste a pick when i can sign him outright the next day?

You can call them back and let them know you want to have a lawyer present before going in. From the cops comments it sounds like they were calling his family and his agent and weren't getting a response. Why not respond at all?

Then they're coming from your train of thought - that his name should have to be cleared when he wasn't a suspect in the first place.

That's not a concerning mindset or anything.

Then they're coming from your train of thought - that his name should have to be cleared when he wasn't a suspect in the first place.

That's not a concerning mindset or anything.

32 NFL teams did not want to draft him because his name wasn't cleared

you are just being extremely irrational right now, that's the more concerning mindset

What's the outrage JPZ? Teams didn't draft him for one reason or another, he will be signed, if he plays well he will have a productive career.

Last edited:
Yeah JPZ, your opinions and posts are usually rational...but you're WAY off on this one b. It feels like 15 year old JPZ returned from a time machine and took over your account. 
laugh.gif

This is some silly **** now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom