NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line, the kid lost out on the opportunity to get drafted early and make 15-20 million dollars.

Because of that, his people informed teams to NOT draft him, so he would have the chance to pick the spot that was best for him, so in 2-3 years time, he can try to recoup some of that lost money.

The 32 teams did the right thing not taking him and trying to force him to play for them on some 7th round money, and let him decide where he wants to play and where he can have the best chance to earn that big second contract.

All of this, while being found clear of any and all charges. He lost out on 20 million dollars over something he had nothing to do with.

He deserves the right to pick the situation he likes best.

I hope he picks Miami, but I wish him well wherever he chooses.

Cept New England.
Or Buffalo
Or the Jets
Broncos
Packers
Colts
Titans
Jags
Bucs

Just kidding. :lol: :lol: :lol:

do you really think sitting out a year is going to help his cause? no shot.
IF he is cleared of eveyrthing, talent inevitably wins out..

clowney basically took his final year off at south carolina

Elway threated to do it.. steve young went to the USFL

shane ray fell, still went in the 1st.. Gregory went in the 2nd

some teams might not consider him.. but enough teams are desperate along the Oline (especially at tackle) to take a flyer on the guy

cedric ogbuehi went 23rd with the torn ACL

Last edited:
Justin@Jstip10 2h2 hours ago

Wonder if @da_king_son18 is going to recruit La'el Collins to Philly like other former LSU players are doing? Do it Bennie #FlyEaglesFly

Bennie .C. LoganVerified account @da_king_son18 2h2 hours ago

Bennie .C. Logan retweeted Justin

Thought of the day, everything I do don't need to be publicized. Just know his name is alive and loud in Philly!

missing a year of football on a holdout doesn't help you though. especially if you've never established anything on the professional level. guy would be wasting a year of his life and earning power. he'll sign with a team in a week or two and he'll be ok moving forward.

missing a year of football on a holdout doesn't help you though. especially if you've never established anything on the professional level. guy would be wasting a year of his life and earning power. he'll sign with a team in a week or two and he'll be ok moving forward.
better for him solely as a football player than missing a year because of injury (which didn't impact certain guys I mention above or nfl players).. I'm sure him not signing with a team who signed him would have an impact with some teams

but given the circumstances and his talent level (predicted to go 1st round), I'm sure some team would be willing to take the risk (very high need position).. then you have Maurice clarett who was taken in the 3rd and mike Williams was taken 10th overall

but in this situation, he has to play 2 years (I think) for peanuts THEN he can make money.. and you have the risk that comes with playing those two years on UDFA deal

at least if he's taken in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round he gets good-decent money guaranteed.. again he was predicted to go in the 1st round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom