NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funny how Pats fans are trying to use people's general outrage/hatred of Goodell to somehow claim that what Brady did was cool and he shouldn't have been punished.  Talking about Ray Rice and hiring women as PR and all kinds of random stuff 
laugh.gif

Like, nah...  The two have nothing to do with each other.

This is one of the first legit decision's Goodell has made as far as I'm concerned.
"Pats fans" like I speak for everyone. lol I'm right here g. It's okay.

The NFL has a perception issue on multiple fronts. One of those is (or was) that Goodell and Kraft are in bed together. Whether or not it was true didn't matter here...the fact is it's a common perception that reflects negatively on the league. 

They've been trying to change their image for months. That's not exactly breaking news. The harsh punishment levied down on the Pats is a big part of that. Their arrogance bit them in the *** too. Again, not breaking news or anything that I haven't mentioned already.

Sorry to break it to you, but they don't really give a **** about deflation as much as you do. If they did, there wouldn't have been a $25,000 fine attached to it before Deflategate. 
laugh.gif

It's also kind of hard for me to take seriously anyone that just picked up their pitchforks over this **** less than a week ago.

Not really O/T but 1 other thing since I keep seeing it.....anyone that advocates handing their personal cell or "select contents" over to Ted Wells is either a buffoon or a sucker. 

Seriously, I remember seeing dudes with their hands wrapped so much to be makeshift clubs in almost every highlight :lol:. Some guys had brass knuckles under at times and **** :rofl: :rofl:. Not to mention all the dirty/deadly hits :x The wild wild west NFL era is appreciated :lol: :smokin

Best era of football, so much fun
NFL embraced it, NFL Films had all kinds of shows embracing the violence, the questionable practices, the outlaw characters, etc :lol:

The NFL has a perception issue on multiple fronts. One of those is (or was) that Goodell and Kraft are in bed together. Whether or not it was true didn't matter here...the fact is it's a common perception that reflects negatively on the league. 

They've been trying to change their image for months. That's not exactly breaking news. The harsh punishment levied down on the Pats is a big part of that. Their arrogance bit them in the *** too. Again, not breaking news or anything that I haven't mentioned already.

Sorry to break it to you, but they don't really give a **** about deflation as much as you do. If they did, there wouldn't have been a $25,000 fine attached to it before Deflategate. 
laugh.gif

It's also kind of hard for me to take seriously anyone that just picked up their pitchforks over this **** less than a week ago.

Not really O/T but 1 other thing since I keep seeing it.....anyone that advocates handing their personal cell or "select contents" over to Ted Wells is either a buffoon or a sucker. 
I don't really care about deflation.

But if you cheat, get caught cheating, get caught lying you get punished.  Boom.

You do it multiple times you get punished harder.  Boom.  

Not to mention Goodell did ya'll a favor by burning the tapes the first time.

That's all there is to it.  Nothing more to whine about.

Last edited:
Hope my boy ODB gets the Madden cover. Said I was done with Madden for a couple years but I will cop with ODB on it.

If the Madden Curse is real, then I'm all for ODB and the Cowboys O-line to share the cover.

funny how it went from there is no concrete evidence to snitching and now to how goddell is so bad at his job :lol: the deflection is real. i wonder what's next

laugh.gif

I don't really care about deflation.

But if you cheat, get caught cheating, get caught lying you get punished.  Boom.

You do it multiple times you get punished harder.  Boom.  

Not to mention Goodell did ya'll a favor by burning the tapes the first time.

That's all there is to it.  Nothing more to whine about.
Yeah.

Here’s Ted Wells’ opening statement today:

“I would like to start out by responding to criticisms by Mr. Brady’s agent, Don Yee, about my independence, and his suggestions that the conclusions of the report were somehow influenced by persons in the league office who wanted to find wrongdoing by the Patriots and Mr. Brady.
“The conclusions in the report represent the independent opinions of me personally and my team. And those conclusions were not influenced in any way shape or form by anyone at the league office. We made a fair and reasonable review of the evidence, and we reached conclusions based on the preponderance of the evidence standard, which I was required to apply based on the league’s rules. To the extent Mr. Yee is suggesting that I have some type of conflict because I and my law firm do other work for the NFL, I want to be clear that it is well known that I worked for the NFL in the Miami Dolphins investigation involving Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito. And also that my law firm is involved in representing the NFL in the concussion cases. Those facts were all publicly known at the time I was appointed. When I was appointed to be the independent investigator, no one at the Patriots, or in Mr. Brady’s camp, raised ANY issues about my independence or my integrity to judge the evidence impartially and fairly. In fact, Mr. Kraft, to my recollection, publicly said he welcomed my appointment. I think it is wrong to criticize my independence just because you disagree with my findings.”

Here’s Ted Wells’ opening statement today:

“I would like to start out by responding to criticisms by Mr. Brady’s agent, Don Yee, about my independence, and his suggestions that the conclusions of the report were somehow influenced by persons in the league office who wanted to find wrongdoing by the Patriots and Mr. Brady.
“The conclusions in the report represent the independent opinions of me personally and my team. And those conclusions were not influenced in any way shape or form by anyone at the league office. We made a fair and reasonable review of the evidence, and we reached conclusions based on the preponderance of the evidence standard, which I was required to apply based on the league’s rules. To the extent Mr. Yee is suggesting that I have some type of conflict because I and my law firm do other work for the NFL, I want to be clear that it is well known that I worked for the NFL in the Miami Dolphins investigation involving Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito. And also that my law firm is involved in representing the NFL in the concussion cases. Those facts were all publicly known at the time I was appointed. When I was appointed to be the independent investigator, no one at the Patriots, or in Mr. Brady’s camp, raised ANY issues about my independence or my integrity to judge the evidence impartially and fairly. In fact, Mr. Kraft, to my recollection, publicly said he welcomed my appointment. I think it is wrong to criticize my independence just because you disagree with my findings.”

You thought that one up yourself or nah? 
laugh.gif
He needed help from Barney
Actually...he needed help from another forum.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/tom-brady-texts-to-the-ball-boy-you-be-the-judge-2209637/

dmwdmx.jpg

Word for word too. 
mean.gif

Jumps from team to team, copy & paste master….it's like **** what can't this guy do?

Try sitting this one out, bud. 
laugh.gif

SummerJam screen status
holeup.png

[COLOR=#red]Remember when I said I didn't want this sh-t to continue...

It just changed... [/COLOR]

You thought that one up yourself or nah? :lol:

He needed help from Barney

Actually...he needed help from another forum.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/tom-brady-texts-to-the-ball-boy-you-be-the-judge-2209637/

dmwdmx.jpg

Word for word too. :smh:  

Jumps from team to team, copy & paste master….it's like **** what can't this guy do?

Try sitting this one out, bud. :lol:  

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope my boy ODB gets the Madden cover. Said I was done with Madden for a couple years but I will cop with ODB on it.

I copped 25, played it like ten times and haven't touched it since. Didn't cop last year and won't cop this year. Won't be mad if ODB gets the cover

roll.gif

I usually just skip right past his posts, but that one was a low-hanging fruit. I bet that wasn't the first time he's done that either.

But let's get back to dem pitchforks doe. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom