NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodell will be hearing Brady's appeal.... 
nerd.gif
when do we get a decision
nerd.gif
no clue, hopefully soon 
nerd.gif

like everything in this whole deflate gate, totally taken out of context. but whatever. see my post from earlier today...

we push the envelope, no doubt. if there's a loophole, we'll try and exploit it. and more so than getting caught, when you're typically winning games, people will look for ways to get even (i.e. make comments like clark or that dude from houston or harbaugh or the colts). as much as we all kid around, i think we all know that most teams try and find an edge with loopholes. but who cares if it's a team like the browns or titans? hell, i'm sure a few teams could hand their playbook to the browns and still win. but when you're constantly getting washed by a particular team, well it's time to blow that whistle. no coincidence that it's the ravens, colts, jets blowing the whistle on us.

not about "the whole league" being bitter and haters. it's about getting that extra edge. just like teams find loop holes gain an edge, teams will complain to take away that edge. especially teams you have a history with.

How is that taken out of context? You said "when you're typically winning games, people will look for ways to get even" That means teams are jealous right? It's a long *** list of teams that look at the Pats funny. If it was just the Jets or some of the bum teams in the AFC east maybe I could buy that. But the word has been out all over the league the Pats are shady. Steelers, Rams, Panthers all have made the same accusations.

Goodell will be hearing Brady's appeal.... 
nerd.gif
And then we're on to federal court.

Can't emphasize how really really bad the NFLPA got bent over on the CBA.
sick.gif
DeMaurice Smith must be extremely well liked to get re-upped as their leader...

Last edited:

like everything in this whole deflate gate, totally taken out of context. but whatever. see my post from earlier today...

we push the envelope, no doubt. if there's a loophole, we'll try and exploit it. and more so than getting caught, when you're typically winning games, people will look for ways to get even (i.e. make comments like clark or that dude from houston or harbaugh or the colts). as much as we all kid around, i think we all know that most teams try and find an edge with loopholes. but who cares if it's a team like the browns or titans? hell, i'm sure a few teams could hand their playbook to the browns and still win. but when you're constantly getting washed by a particular team, well it's time to blow that whistle. no coincidence that it's the ravens, colts, jets blowing the whistle on us.

not about "the whole league" being bitter and haters. it's about getting that extra edge. just like teams find loop holes gain an edge, teams will complain to take away that edge. especially teams you have a history with.

How is that taken out of context? You said "when you're typically winning games, people will look for ways to get even" That means teams are jealous right? It's a long *** list of teams that look at the Pats funny. If it was just the Jets or some of the bum teams in the AFC east maybe I could buy that. But the word has been out all over the league the Pats are shady. Steelers, Rams, Panthers all have made the same accusations.

it means teams are trying to "get an edge" by killing our "edge". jealous, gamesmanship...call it whatever you want. calling them snitches is partly in jest, that's what it is, but hey, if you have a chance to even the playing field back up, go for it.

and as far as the laundry list of teams, most of them just piggybacked on the jets' spygate claim. "oh yeah, that must be why they beat us too!!!" type of deal.

the colts and ravens have found a new loophole we exploited. so we'll see where this one goes :lol:

EDIT: and now you have people like AJ Feely and the Jets coming back out and saying, "Oh yeah that reminds me, the balls were deflated 10 years ago too!!!" **** outta here :lol:

Last edited:
No way, Brady isn't giving access to all those emails, texts, etc

Take the four games

legit wondering what the chances are that it comes out that Brady is cheating on Giselle or has some crazy personal life scandal (assuming he gives up his phone for a federal court case) :lol:

legit wondering what the chances are that it comes out that Brady is cheating on Giselle or has some crazy personal life scandal (assuming he gives up his phone for a federal court case)
laugh.gif
They only asked for the texts with the ball boys specifically, not literally the whole phone.  Unless he was ****ing McNally.

legit wondering what the chances are that it comes out that Brady is cheating on Giselle or has some crazy personal life scandal (assuming he gives up his phone for a federal court case)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Last edited:
If Brady takes it to federal court, is there a possibility that his emails/texts could be subpoenaed? 

Last edited:
Panthers? The ex-GM?

Steelers talking about shady ****? Mike Tomlin straight up TRIPPED a player on the field g. 
laugh.gif
He directly affected what was supposed to be a scoring play on a game that had playoff implications. Then my dude said he distracted by the Jumbotron or some **** so he didn't 'eem know. C'mon man. And I **** with Mike Tomlin too.
No way, Brady isn't giving access to all those emails, texts, etc

Take the four games
Not to Roger, no.

And I don't think you bring in Jeffrey Kessler to stop at this point. We all know the end game here.

Maybe good ol' Rog offers to decrease by 1 or 2 games just to end it here and give off the "impartial" vibe.

@Maximus Meridius @100027

My hot takes on that topic:

Ravens - Weaksauce on their part to complain about the ineligible receiver thing, but not snitching. They helped remove a loophole exploited by a rival. Still, pretty weak of them to do and it undermines the image they love to push on people. And it's looking like I was completely wrong about their possible involvement in Deflategate.
It was brilliant on their part to complain about it. For many reasons. 

Last edited:
Brady taking this to Federal court would not be a wise move on his part, just take the L here

This is how I see it, but part of me would love to see everything subpoenaed. Especially after Brady's team went after wells reputation and legitimacy of his independence.

No way Goodell overturns or reduces the suspension. His role is to uphold it and then Brady can go beyond him to Federal Court of he chooses to.

But then that means all of his cards have to be put on the table :nerd:

We'll pretty much see how far he's willing to take this thing.

Last edited:
Tomlin hasn't constantly tripped players or done little petty **** after that though. Pats just keep doing their dirt without giving a ****. :lol:

And it's Funny how everybody was saying Brady shouldn't give up his phone when dude ain't even ask for the phone.

it means teams are trying to "get an edge" by killing our "edge". jealous, gamesmanship...call it whatever you want. calling them snitches is partly in jest, that's what it is, but hey, if you have a chance to even the playing field back up, go for it.

and as far as the laundry list of teams, most of them just piggybacked on the jets' spygate claim. "oh yeah, that must be why they beat us too!!!" type of deal.

shaq-cmon-son.jpg

Last edited:
how so? didn't help them at all after the fact. and not like we were going to roll that move out every time we play them
laugh.gif
It's illegal now so it was a good move to complain about it. If they didn't make a fuss, the formation would still be legal as we speak...for them to use it again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom