NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just here to provide unbiased information to the masses. Like the Edward Snowden of NT.
pimp.gif
you want a statue as well...

I just don't get Pats' fans.

Personally I have no problems on a moral level with cheating or pushing the envelope. Its pro sports, there is no more bottom line business in America. With millions on deck I'd do whatever for an advantage myself.

But if you KNOW something is against the rules and even if its something other teams do, YOU were the ones stupid enough to get caught.

Like someone has already said, the Pats were cool the punishment until the punishment was actually handed out.

Personally I have no problems on a moral level with cheating or pushing the envelope. Its pro sports, there is no more bottom line business in America. With millions on deck I'd do whatever for an advantage myself.
Yup, up to a point. Unless it's really bad and affects the level of play like PED's or whatever.
But if you KNOW something is against the rules and even if its something other teams do, YOU were the ones stupid enough to get caught.
I'm with you on this. Word to my Colts comment.
Like someone has already said, the Pats were cool the punishment until the punishment was actually handed out.
Absolutely. Kraft switched up his tone after the sanctions were handed down because never in a million years did he expect to get made a fool of.

I also don't have a problem with them fighting it. More so on Brady's side than Kraft, even though the 1st rounder hurts more.

There's a chance they could get some type of reversal because of the NFL's incompetence. I'm always here for that.

I don't care at all about PEDs on a moral level.

If Dirk or Megatron had some foolproof way of using them and not getting caught I'd buy them for them myself. :lol:

Megatron on PED's is like Wilt scoring 50 every game on short white dudes. Chill.
laugh.gif

Stafford would close his eyes and do Harlem Globetrotter tricks before airing it out knowing Calvin still ends up with it.

Kraft was all cool with accepting the punishment because he is well aware of the power he has within the league..

And like most rich people who have an inordinate amount of power, they are accustomed to getting their way

I presume Kraft figured his power and his 'buddy buddy'ness with Goodell would result in a 'slap on the wrist' type of penalty.. Hell I still think Brady got a slap on the wrist, if this was all his doing as per the report

But I'm personally of the opinion that this was convenient ignorance by bill.. He delageted the job to Brady to take care of some dudes he knew would be star struck

The picks is what surprised me

But I'm really curious to see what happens with Goodell and the changes that come to league policies as a result of pissing off one of the league's most powerful owners

Also for all these pats dudes in the media, this is all about defending their place in history.. All that patriots way bull crap.. All that holy than thou doing more with less.. Well kinda hard to be overly critically on these other dudes for their dirt when you got your hands muddy too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom