NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
That hurts for sure... Had the same thing happen to be the weekend of SB... Took a knee to my thigh while playing football

Couldn't walk normal for about a week

The Colts did pretty much all of that, minus one pick, Dorsett. Everything else was Def/Oline til the late rounds when they grabbed a solid value RB.

Not really sure what it is you guys want. Andre/Gore are temp fixes that could bottom out during preseason. Having capable youth developing along with is pretty damn smart.

You can't fix every hole in one off-season. The Pats have no CB's. The Jets/Bills have no QB. Miami has no OG's. Seattle has no WR's. Half the 49ers retired this Spring. Chip tore apart his entire offense for Bradford/Tebow. Teams have weaknesses. But if your strengths outweight those, you'll win games.

1 extra pick at a different spot ain't gonna change their entire 53 man roster.

****, Patriots, Seahawks, 106 men, Super Bowl decided by an UDFA CB. Maybe the Colts grabbed "that guy" this year. Maybe not.

Grigson has 3 straight division titles, 33+ wins in 3 years, and a damn good young core building up. They can keep stacking on Oline/Def each year, doesn't guarantee they become strengths.

not exactly hard to win a division with: Jaguars, Titans and Texans

But it's the picks he made in context of team he has.. Got Ty Hilton and took moncreif last year, then added Andre.. I like Dorsett but not when you already have Ty Hilton and have needs elsewhere

Like them running a 3-4 and still be weak along there front line.. Could have gone Malcolm brown

Or stay where they were in the 2nd to take marpat

The Bjorn Werner pick was just weird, when you remember they play a 3-4 and wanted to play him at olb (2013 1st.. Like dolphins taking Jordan when switching to a 4-3 and playing him at end, I could even get SAM).. Then their 2014 pick went to Cleveland

Also, because the Eagles benefitted I was glad he gave us something for Winston justice.. But outside of luck and trading for Davis, his moves have been extremely questionable

Last edited:
If you gave me Andrew Luck I could have GMed the Colts to similar success in that division

Last edited:
Agreed with the Pagano sickness. He would have lost his job by now if he didnt get sick. Pagano keeps getting outcoached in the big games and he keeps getting a pass. And as far as Grigson goes, hes gotta shape up. This defense needs to change. Gotta have a nasty physical defense. These fast guys keep getting thrown around.

Its a repeat of the Polian years with Luck and this cant be. Lets address the defense. And everyone on that staff should be thanking Andrew for keeping their jobs.

Like I've said numerous times, elite QBs mask front office mistakes. Colts especially but even BB and the Pats have benefited. Even more reason to be impressed with a FO like Balt, Cincy, Sea, etc

Like I've said numerous times, elite QBs mask front office mistakes. Colts especially but even BB and the Pats have benefited. Even more reason to be impressed with a FO like Balt, Cincy, Sea, etc
This is far from a shot at Luck, but what masks the Colts' mistakes is 95% the fact that they play in the AFC South.

Last edited:
my god...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I have no clue how to properly rate pagano.. Grigson is fair game since I see what he is doing is stupid

Honest, heartfelt, legit question.....

WHO THE **** CARES THEIR DIVISION SUCKS?????

Big deal. Grigson can build a team to win his division every year, easy, medium, hard, don't matter.

:lol: Malcolm Brown or Ali Marpet. So one of THEM makes Grigson better at his job? A guard from Marist, or a D tackle from Texas? :lol: I mean.....

You have Andrew Luck. A decent receiver gonna look good with him. Now you givin him the fastest one in the draft, playin in a dome, fast track, a guy that can house it any time he gets a crease, a truly rare-special ability, but he shoulda grabbed some kid from Marist? Cuz he's a "sure thing"?

That's just flat out wrong. If Marpet/Brown bust, no one is comin back in here to say Grigson made the right call, everyone will just pick some other defender/lineman he "should" have taken over a guy that is gonna scare the piss outta every defense they face, just on his speed alone. Even as just a decoy, Dorsett could have more impact than what an offensive guard can.

And again, one single pick isn't going to patch a whole team. Even taking said OG, Hilton goes down, Colts receivers suddenly a big issue.

I'm a believer in drafting BPA, so if their pick was just that I think it's a good move to avoid picking a specific need/position unless it is dire. That said, if you go that route you need to rebuild the areas of weakness in other ways, not sure the Colts have done that

Welllllll isn't it all really about legacy and bragging rights for us fans?

That's going to be a tough one for the Pats fans going forward.  There's always a black mark you can't counter.

Most folks in America, especially the non-fans know them as cheaters.

200w.gif

The mighty all-important legacy talk and sports opinions of casual/uninformed middle America. That's what really counts in all this. 
laugh.gif

IMHO the worst part of this dumb **** that actually holds weight (insert deflate joke) and matters is the cold reception from a few of their current peers. Not like many of them had positive things to say about the team & organization at any point before this, but still. There's a bunch of players that see it for what it really is, but there are others that without a doubt view them in a different light.

Everything else is mainly trumped-up fluff.

@dmxfury  Different topic but related to this...some time ago you told me this isn't a "you vs. the world" situation. Still feel that way?

Last edited:
Revis is only about himself. Dude spoke down on the Jets when he first left. 

What he said was the absolute truth regarding the jets. Rex ran a loose ship and the inmates ran the asylum. I completely agree with what he said.

So what he said about the pats, it's not a surprise to those who aren't fans of the team or live in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom