NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still came be, maybe AP realized he had little leverage and will just play his butt off. That's the best way to get paid or be on better terms with Minny so he may have options in the future

I just wanna see him play well, if it means on a another team so be it I just don't wanna watch him go half speed because he's unhappy about off the field stuff.

Which I can't fault him for being upset.

Football so ugly from the business side tho, guess it is what it is.

Well he did bring it on himself and the franchise is willing to let him play and still pay him. They just don't want to restructure his deal (makes sense) nor trade him for pennies (makes even more sense)

What player wants to miss time in their prime tho.

And have the franchise you've carried for years basically turn their backs on you.

I feel you but at the same time this is football. Taking a year off and getting your body right , while receiving your full salary, seems like a decent outcome for AP considering what he admitted to doing

He's back in Minny, going to make 13Ms , and is going to get a chance to play himself into a new contract. I know he's 30, but this I the same guy who ran for 2k coming off a major injury. All Day has PLENTY of football left.

Well he did bring it on himself and the franchise is willing to let him play and still pay him. They just don't want to restructure his deal (makes sense) nor trade him for pennies (makes even more sense)

No I understand it completely I just don't like how the NFL works perosonally.

RB's having a paid year off is a good look IMO, he's an athletic anomaly so basically he just prolonged his career.

Vikings going to be good this year.

I feel you but at the same time this is football. Taking a year off and getting your body right , while receiving your full salary, seems like a decent outcome for AP considering what he admitted to doing

He's back in Minny, going to make 13Ms , and is going to get a chance to play himself into a new contract. I know he's 30, but this I the same guy who ran for 2k coming off a major injury. All Day has PLENTY of football left.

View media item 858337

Hopefully dude has his head together and has a big year.

I was at the end of my wits with the whole AP saga, Ben Dogra gotta be the biggest idiot in the world for him to go the route he did trying to get dude more money/trade. Just glad it's over and he showed up early rather than dragging this obvious end result towards the start of the year. I'll always be a fan of AP, even if he wasn't a Viking.. the stuff he does on the field is rivaled by no one currently playing, but his act off the field was tiresome and he really needs to learn to stay off Twitter.

We might actually get a Wild Card this year, though by next year(just in time to move into the new stadium) - the Vikes will be challenging for the Division. :pimp:

I take you live to @JPZx's reaction to this latest development:

14UDgBh.gif

I was at the end of my wits with the whole AP saga, Ben Dogra gotta be the biggest idiot in the world for him to go the route he did trying to get dude more money/trade. Just glad it's over and he showed up early rather than dragging this obvious end result towards the start of the year. I'll always be a fan of AP, even if he wasn't a Viking.. the stuff he does on the field is rivaled by no one currently playing, but his act off the field was tiresome and he really needs to learn to stay off Twitter.

We might actually get a Wild Card this year, though by next year(just in time to move into the new stadium) - the Vikes will be challenging for the Division. :pimp:

I hope the Vikings are good this year too.

For some reason, I feel sympathetic towards Adrian Peterson

I feel like hes a good dude, who got in trouble and is now a little confused and hurt

I think he's a good dude too, he just made some horrifically bad decisions...really really bad.

There's really no excuse for the type of damage he inflicted towards his son.

But I hope for the best for he and his family, especially his son.

Last edited:
Anyone else hear that Cam's contract might be 100 million guaraneteed? Hahahahaha, just a rumor but Carolina is ****** if that's true.

no they're not.....fans will keep showing up win or lose. Cam is a God here 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Never seen so much sadness after his car crash since Dale Earnhardt died (which was sad btw)

edit: Cam would have to go full heel to lose support here 

Last edited:
Cam isn't a 100 mil QB and the thought of guaranteeing 100 mil is a joke. I know that average QBs get 100 mil deals but guaranteeing that is a huge mistake. Guy isn't accurate, can't read defenses and isn't smart. Cam is in that 10-15 margin.

Climb it Ches, grab one of those fluffy plush saddles for it as well so them cheeks don't hurt.

My comment has nothing to do with the abuse of his child, that's a different topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom