NFL/NCAA Feet: '11-'12 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

Yeah that look at me comment seemed a bit off, its look at me to bring awareness, thats the point

That was supposed to be the point.  I don't think it is the point now.  You're telling me all these high school kids are going and buying pick wristbands and socks fromt he girls section because they hate breast cancer.  C'mon, man.

ASU in all maroon versus USC

F835799.Marshall.2658.jpg

288rqty.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Yeah that look at me comment seemed a bit off, its look at me to bring awareness, thats the point

That was supposed to be the point.  I don't think it is the point now.  You're telling me all these high school kids are going and buying pick wristbands and socks fromt he girls section because they hate breast cancer.  C'mon, man.

Jeff.  I understand your point.  Sometimes the true meaning of these things gets lost in the "hype" so to speak ( see Lance Armstrong's LIVESTRONG bands).  But here's the thing, regardless of why someone is wearing it, or what their "true" intentions are, it ends up bringing attention to a worthwhile cause on the whole.  One could make the same point as to why "rich" people donate their money to causes.  Is it to be "seen" or "recognized" to a certain degree in their community?  Absolutely, but the bottom line is their donation goes to a good cause so who are the fundraisers to say to those folks, "really, you wanna donate that much $$$". Why?  Not sure if that gets the point across, but on much smaller scale, same can be said for these kind of things.  Sure, high schoolers, grade schoolers, people who may not be directly or even indirectly affected by cancer on any level may "buy in", but in this case, whats the harm?  Are they posers, followers, hypebeasts?  Maybe all of the above, but it's America and everyone has a choice.  Far be it for me to chide someone for rocking these or anything else similar.  Whats the alternative and what does that prove or accomplish? 

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Jeff.  I understand your point.  Sometimes the true meaning of these things gets lost in the "hype" so to speak ( see Lance Armstrong's LIVESTRONG bands).  But here's the thing, regardless of why someone is wearing it, or what their "true" intentions are, it ends up bringing attention to a worthwhile cause on the whole.  One could make the same point as to why "rich" people donate their money to causes.  Is it to be "seen" or "recognized" to a certain degree in their community?  Absolutely, but the bottom line is their donation goes to a good cause so who are the fundraisers to say to those folks, "really, you wanna donate that much $$$". Why?  Not sure if that gets the point across, but on much smaller scale, same can be said for these kind of things.  Sure, high schoolers, grade schoolers, people who may not be directly or even indirectly affected by cancer on any level may "buy in", but in this case, whats the harm?  Are they posers, followers, hypebeasts?  Maybe all of the above, but it's America and everyone has a choice.  Far be it for me to chide someone for rocking these or anything else similar.  Whats the alternative and what does that prove or accomplish? 
I get what you are saying, but there have been recent studies showing that month of hideous pick accessories in the NFL is doing more to damage the cause of fighting breast cancer than it is to help it. I was just pointing out that alot of people wearing this stuff are doing it to get people to look at them, rather than actually help the cause (which they may actually be hurting in doing so). The alternative would be to wear something that looks good and donate money to fight breast cancer and talk to people about why it is important to you.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...to-breast-cancer-causes-study/article2111510/

http://thinkbeforeyoupink.org/?p=1106

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/OnCall...ss-women-tired-pink-campaign/story?id=8758937

Looks like a spinoff of the Alpha pack Vapor Carbon. They're dropping late October/early November. I'm probably going to pick up a pair or two considering Nike isn't really dropping anything football related in Volt. They are lx models though, so like the white/chrome lx's, they are lacrosse cleats. TD plate looks the same for football though...

472291.JPG
472291.FW02.JPG

Those are clean as a whistle. To bad I can't rock with Carbon's anymore. Just to uncomfortable. I only wear Speed TD's now.

May have been asked before but has anyone here played in the Alpha Vapor One's? I have noticed more pro and college players wearing em.

Those carbons are nasty. My friends are trying to persuade me to play lax. haha dont know about that one though

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

I get what you are saying, but there have been recent studies showing that month of hideous pick accessories in the NFL is doing more to damage the cause of fighting breast cancer than it is to help it. I was just pointing out that alot of people wearing this stuff are doing it to get people to look at them, rather than actually help the cause (which they may actually be hurting in doing so). The alternative would be to wear something that looks good and donate money to fight breast cancer and talk to people about why it is important to you.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...to-breast-cancer-causes-study/article2111510/

http://thinkbeforeyoupink.org/?p=1106

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/OnCall...ss-women-tired-pink-campaign/story?id=8758937

Jeff I see your point.. and I read all those articles.. (thanks by the way) but I would venture to say there will ALWAYS be those who think something negative when folks are trying to be positive and I do agree some use it as a look at me type of thing.
I for one wear a ribbon or something pink like my tie with suits whenever Im doing an event, because people may ask or comment and I;ll explain how they should donate all thru out the year not just in October.

I have participated in the local Komen walk but prefer to donate to a local BC charity, so I can see where those funds are going and who its touching.  Not that I dont respect the Komen fund but its massive and gotten to be cliche ... why not raise money locally and be able to see who it impacts?

Something to think about for those trying to be cool.  I have four sisters, two daughters a mother and plenty of female cousins and I think its not always about who you've lost but can keep from losing in the future by making others aware.

If anyone finds the Pink Nike Vapor Carbons that some NFL players were wearing please post a link. they are tight

Originally Posted by GeorgeFrisch

If anyone finds the Pink Nike Vapor Carbons that some NFL players were wearing please post a link. they are tight
4e88ce5d60384.image.jpg

Im talking about these gloves ben tate have on

Originally Posted by langfor5

Those are clean as a whistle. To bad I can't rock with Carbon's anymore. Just to uncomfortable. I only wear Speed TD's now.

May have been asked before but has anyone here played in the Alpha Vapor One's? I have noticed more pro and college players wearing em.
My boy plays in the Alpha Vapor One's. He has flat feet and said they were very uncomfortable. I wish we wore the same size so I could grab em from him and try them out. They feel real flimsy though, I like the feel of the Carbons better.

Sports Authority also has the pink Nike Vapor gloves and 1" biceps bands and the UA gloves too...

Several other pink items as well....

Back
Top Bottom