NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
no new news yet :frown:

if this is a sudden blow to the chest stopping his heart, this happened to a hockey player years ago. took a puck at 80+ MPH to the heart/chest. it was very similar. he went down, got up, and then collapsed. the good news there is he did recover with time to rest and lived a fully normal life. eventually continued his career as well and is in the HOF. i hope we can see Damar make the same recovery and have no impact to his life
I'm glad I'm not the only person that remembers this story

Last year I was umpire at a men’s softball game that had this same exact thing happen. If we did not happen to have two firemen playing at the time the guy would have died. Learning CPR is so much more valuable than most think.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that remembers this story
I think someone posted a chart in here, but the more I think about it this seems like a very unfortunate freak incident where things had to happen in a specific way for this to happen.

Hopefully he bounces back and is able to live a fulfilling life.

This guy
black-kid.gif

But also,
giphy.gif
how'd they get that gif in 12k?

Games should be postponed this weekend imo. Mentally it’s going to be tough for guys to play and go through the usual routines knowing one of their peers in the NFL brotherhood is fighting for their life from a horrible injury which came from doing what they all do every Sunday. How can you go out there just a few days later playing how you normally do knowing that could’ve been you or anyone else. You’re going to have guys hesitant to hit and moving differently on that field which could potentially set them up for injury as well. And the mental part is huge. Especially with football and the physical contact which it involves every weekend. It’s already a physical game as is. Rushing guys back when they’re understandably not there mentally is just putting them even more at risk.

If the league is that concerned about the tv networks and the bottom line. Which they are, but they’re going to toe the line and downplay it because they’re going to get a lot of warranted backlash if they try to rush guys back. If they need to need to make games up they have the week off between the conference title games and the Super Bowl to make things up. They can even push the Super Bowl back a week if needed. The following weekend is Presidents’ Day weekend. They can take their time and push things back as long as needed.

NFL should just forgot about that game, both teams going to the playoffs anyway…Give them 1 less thing to worry bout the rest of the week n moving forward
Yeah, I was just going to ask. Is there a benefit to even complete that game if both are playoff teams?

I understand why the NFL is taking a wait and see approach but the game last night had HUGE seeding implications for about 6 teams in the AFC including which of the top 3 teams gets the coveted first round bye.

Every player who steps foot on the field understands what is at stake for them personally. If they didn't last night was a stark reminder. What happened to Hamlin was beyond frightening and I pray that he is able to pull through. That does not mean we don't play football anymore. What are we going to do? Play two hand touch now? Flag football? Higgins didn't make a dirty play to injure Hamlin. By all accounts this was a one and billion type of scenario. Every process and procedure was put in-place last night that if the worst case scenario takes place the player is given every chance in the world to survive. This young man was attended to quickly and correctly and is now with the best medical care possible.

Football is a violent sport that comes with risk. That is just the way it is. Every one of these players has a choice to decide if they want to play or not. If they no longer feel comfortable playing then I hope they choose to walk away.

Last edited:
Games should be postponed this weekend imo. Mentally it’s going to be tough for guys to play and go through the usual routines knowing one of their peers in the NFL brotherhood is fighting for their life from a horrible injury which came from doing what they all do every Sunday. How can you go out there just a few days later playing how you normally do knowing that could’ve been you or anyone else. You’re going to have guys hesitant to hit and moving differently on that field which could potentially set them up for injury as well. And the mental part is huge. Especially with football and the physical contact which it involves every weekend. It’s already a physical game as is. Rushing guys back when they’re understandably not there mentally is just putting them even more at risk.

If the league is that concerned about the tv networks and the bottom line. Which they are, but they’re going to toe the line and downplay it because they’re going to get a lot of warranted backlash if they try to rush guys back. If they need to need to make games up they have the week off between the conference title games and the Super Bowl to make things up. They can even push the Super Bowl back a week if needed. The following weekend is Presidents’ Day weekend. They can take their time and push things back as long as needed.
It'll be interesting what is decided as the week progresses. I was shocked that the teams were told to begin warming-up. Like how could anyone think of playing after a teammate and colleague goes through that?

But at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell continues with this week.

I understand why the NFL is taking a wait and see approach but the game last night had HUGE seeding implications for about 6 teams in the AFC including which of the top 3 teams gets the coveted first round bye.
Ahh, thanks for the clarification.

It'll be interesting what is decided as the week progresses. I was shocked that the teams were told to begin warming-up. Like how could anyone think of playing after a teammate and colleague goes through that?

But at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell continues with this week.

I wouldn’t put it past him. But unless Hamlin makes serious positive progress this week. More so within the next day or two. It’s going to be tough to just go along with things, business as usual.

There’s a game scheduled 4 days from now on Saturday night which is going to determine who wins the AFC South. This Bills Bengals game had so much at stake in terms of seeding. Like even if they play the games this weekend. The AFC north is still potentially undecided, as are the top 3 seeds in the AFC. That’s all meaningless now in the bigger picture of things.

The needs of the tv networks should be at the bottom of the priority list right now. The NFL offseason is just under 7 months long from the end of the Super Bowl to week 1 the following season. They have plenty of time to make things up if need be. It wouldn’t surprise me to see everyone playing this weekend though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom