NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m wondering if they should just push everything back a week.

As a fan I don’t know if I feel like watching any football until I hear that he's better in any capacity.

I think that’s what the league is waiting for.

That’s likely going to be the case in some capacity. If this happened during the Falcons Cardinals game Sunday or another game which had minimal playoff implications. The NFL would likely have more wiggle room.

But when they do figure out what they plan to do. They can’t rush or half *** that Bills Bengals game when you consider all that was at stake. Potential home field advantage in the playoffs. Seeding between Buffalo, Kansas City and Cincinnati who can all finish anywhere between 1-3 seeding wise. And in the case of the Bengals, still haven’t clinched their division yet.

No matter what they do, be it they play this weekend or they push things back. That Bills Bengals game is still unresolved and has massive seeding implications. Even if they delay for a week, play the week 18 games the following week, and then resume the bills bengals game the week after. Now the 1 seeds are getting 2 weeks off. Trying to make the Bills and Bengals play on a short week only to turn around and play a playoff game a few days later to not disrupt playoff scheduling would be extremely tone deaf.

As for making a decision if they’re going to play this weekend. Like I said earlier. I’m sure Hamlin making progress or getting some type of good news is going to influence that call. But I would assume they would need to know if they’re playing or not either way by mid week given all the preparation which goes into each Sunday, a lot of which is part of the weekly routine, and the routine is disrupted, it opens the door for injuries.

322952214_3367986476863107_7758952748449017202_n.jpg

It’s a physical game at nature. It’s also a ratings powerhouse nationally. From week 1 well into January, so many people across the country have to get their fix to where tv networks are shelling out billions for 18 weeks of football games. It was the bubble in 2020. But a week 5 game Sunday night game between the Seahawks and Vikings got higher ratings going against game 6 of the NBA finals and game 1 of the ALCS baseball wise.

The NFL has America by the balls in that extent. You’re never going to have a perfect system in terms of player safety in that guys are inevitably going to get hurt given the nature of the game. Players have the least amount of power in the major US professional sports. Especially compared to the NBA and MLB. But player safety, taking precautions, cutting stuff out like Thursday night games every week of the season, and doing stuff to ensure the players well being not just during their careers but after their careers should be pushed for and spoken out for regularly and consistently.

As sad as it is, a lot of people are going to forget about the severity of this once games resume and the playoffs start. But protecting the players physically and mentally during and after their careers needs to be advocated for.

It’s funny how we let media people, Skip, off because “being ridiculous is what they do.”

“He should get reprimanded”

“You’re so dumb don’t you get that’s how he MAKES his money?! You just are dumb and need to understand! That’s his brand”

Skip’s not dumb, the person who doesn’t “understand” Skip is, apparently. Because you can’t be an idiot and rich…

As if the person who points this out thinks their media literacy is off the charts and they need to ‘ya, but’ everyone about what Skip is doing.

It’s funny how we let media people, Skip, off because “being ridiculous is what they do.”

“He should get reprimanded”

“You’re so dumb don’t you get that’s how he MAKES his money?! You just are dumb and need to understand! That’s his brand”

Skip’s not dumb, the person who doesn’t “understand” Skip is, apparently. Because you can’t be an idiot and rich…

As if the person who points this out thinks their media literacy is off the charts and they need to ‘ya, but’ everyone about what Skip is doing.
Journalist integrity has gone to the sewer. I mostly blame the influence right wing political radio has had on sports media where telling the truth and having common decencyis less important than owning someone. When you call this out you get labeled as being sensitive or soft and you need to get over it. Guys like Mad Dog, Skip, Cowherd, Jim Rome and others are almost indistinguishable from the vile filth you hear from the Rush Limbaughs of the world. We know the interplay between right wing political radio and sports media has been a thing for a long time. ESPN tried to have Limbaugh comment on football until he let his racist flag wave to high with his hot take on Donovan McNabb.

Sean Taylor is still my favorite football player of all time. It was shameful how the national media covered his murder.

Straight disgusting. :smh:

Made him out to be basically this gang kingpin while playing professional football on the side.

Running on with a bunch of bull**** basically saying he brought his death on himself.

When the actual facts came out were quiet as a church mouse.

That's why it will forever be **** Mike Wilbon, Colin Cowherd and other people of that ilk.

Straight disgusting. :smh:

Made him out to be basically this gang kingpin while playing professional football on the side.

Running on with a bunch of bull**** basically saying he brought his death on himself.

When the actual facts came out were quiet as a church mouse.

That's why it will forever be **** Mike Wilbon, Colin Cowherd and other people of that ilk.
I worked at Footlocker back in the day and my manager (a white dude) said Taylor was a thug and deserved to die.

is this the end of Hamlin’s career or would the league even allow him to play again if he pulls through fine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom