NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said just better make sure you have a great backup if you making Purdy your starter and trading Trey that’s all.

Unless they get some decent trade package for him, I cannot see him leaving while hes under a rookie deal. Purdy will be the starter though.

Lance may try and force a trade since hes not being used though.

I can see him requesting a trade. I’m a 49ers fan and I wouldn’t even be upset if he did. He needs to play, and that’s looking more and more likely it’ll be somewhere else.

I could also see the 49ers not being in a rush to trade him either though if all they can get is a 3rd round pick. I could see the holding onto him to see how Purdy does in year 2 and possibly moving him at the deadline next season.

But I would think any team in need of a qb who doesn’t have a top 3 pick would have interest in Trey. That’s a potential low risk, high reward deal.

This the NFL. Anyone that goes 8-0 including the playoffs is a starter.
hi-res-cfdae44812329b4483786d9849cab48f_crop_north.jpg

Didn't go 8-0 but he was playing career best football when he lost his job :lol:

Lance was supposed to be SF's Mahomes

I love it when the Brady argument comes up as if there haven’t been tons of Day 3 QBs drafted that haven’t exactly panned out :lol:

Purdy has succeeded with a very talented, well coached roster on both sides of the ball. I’m not ready to call him the next Brady but the truth is he kept his team in position to make a SB run for over half a season. That’s damn impressive for a rookie QB regardless of circumstance.

Question 9ers fans once Philly exposes Purdy, and y’all not able to trade Trey under no circumstance does he get his job back?

Even if he outplays Purdy in training camp?

What have you seen that says it should be a competition? I mean, you've been steady with the whataboutism with Purdy but have made no case that it should be a competition.
Trey is the better talent that’s why
Purdy is 8-0 so let them compete for it
When the Purdy dream is over and he sucks as a full 17 game starter y’all gon be sick

EYE want Philly to win and if not Philly, KC. 49ers acceptable if it's between them and Cincy.

I'm currently hoping my Falcons can fleece Trey for the LOW.

Trey is the better talent that’s why
Purdy is 8-0 so let them compete for it
When the Purdy dream is over and he sucks as a full 17 game starter y’all gon be sick

Just like we have no evidence to suggest Purdy won't be a solid starting quarterback moving forward, we also have no evidence to suggest Trey is the better talent like you claim. Miss me with the pre-draft scouting evaluations. He has shown little to suggest he can succeed in this league and more to suggest that the Niners made a mistake in trading up and reaching for him.

He's the exception.
If SF has a Mahomes behind Purdy, by all means bench him, but from what we've seen Lance ain't that.

Lance did not look that good in training camp or the preseason. I really can’t fault him for week 1 when that weather was an absolute **** show most the game. But there was reports that Purdy was even outperforming him in training camp.

The guy has minimal in game action since 2019. Obviously Covid and a season ending injury aren’t his fault. But he hasn’t done himself any favors with the chances he’s had either though.

But aside from where he was drafted. Lance has done nothing to warrant having the starting job. I wouldn’t call him a bust because the sample size is way too small to judge either way. But it’s looking like that was the wrong pick. Even if Lance does end up starting for the 49ers next season. That patience and willingness to deal with growing pains grace period he would’ve got this year is gone. He’s going to be expected to perform and elevate the team from the jump.

He almost went undrafted for a reason
Idk if I’m ready to hand him the franchise just yet. U better have an amazing backup if he’s your 17 game starter next season
I agree with this... We've seen this many times, a rookie or backup balls out for a time period, he gets heralded.. Then when teams get film on him next year he sputters out... Brock may be the guy but let's see if this play continues next season before you hand this guy the keys to your franchise

You're judging that based off of what action you've seen from Trey?
They 9ers know he’s the better QB that’s why he was named the starter this season.
He gets hurts 1st game of the season all a sudden Purdy is better?
I’m sure Purdy will be the starter tho

That Privilege is real 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom