NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like we have no evidence to suggest Purdy won't be a solid starting quarterback moving forward, we also have no evidence to suggest Trey is the better talent like you claim. Miss me with the pre-draft scouting evaluations. He has shown little to suggest he can succeed in this league and more to suggest that the Niners made a mistake in trading up and reaching for him.

the kid might be an athletic and skilled dude but he can't throw a spiral...not sold on Lance one bit. not yet

He played in 6 games in 2021, and 1 game this year. Not to mention all the pre-season games.
We've most definitely seen enough to know he's not Mahomes. He was still throwing ducks last time we saw him play.
You're super reaching right now. All Purdy has done is ball out. Draft position be damned.
Ok

If I'm Trey or Jimmy I'm telling my agent to get me to Washington. Good oline, good running game, good receiver corp, and good defense. Washington is only lacking at QB.... Also I hope bezos changes that name.

He played in 6 games in 2021, and 1 game this year. Not to mention all the pre-season games.
We've most definitely seen enough to know he's not Mahomes. He was still throwing ducks last time we saw him play.
You're super reaching right now. All Purdy has done is ball out. Draft position be damned.

Had Trey Lance so much as made that qb competition interesting during training camp in 2021, he starts week 1 his rookie year. He didn’t even have to beat Jimmy outright, just make it close enough to justify rolling with Trey week 1.

As much as they traded to get Trey. They wanted every reason to start him. Hell they anointed him the starter going into the 2022 season despite going to the NFC championship game last season with Jimmy under center. You can make the case that decision was based largely off where he was drafted than it was performance. I’m not the biggest Jimmy fan by any means. But they didn’t have Jimmy competing in training camp largely because there was a decent chance he would’ve won any potential competition between him and Trey again.

Trey Lance better use this Malik Willis situation as a lesson/warning

Totally different situations. Lazy comparison
tumblr_nubwjcHqUD1qdrcyyo2_250.gif

I don't think y'all know what accomplishment means. Making a conference championship game isn't an accomplishment. Winning that game is... Y'all be giving certain QBs credit for anything... Purdy is playing well but he also has one of the best o lines in the league, one of the best defenses in the league, a plethora of weapons, and an offensive guru at head coach. Y'all was just trying to discredit cousins because of his weapons yet turn around and big up this dude. We just had this convo about Allen. Let these kids win something before y'all start crowning em sheesh

If I'm Trey or Jimmy I'm telling my agent to get me to Washington. Good oline, good running game, good receiver corp, and good defense. Washington is only lacking at QB.... Also I hope bezos changes that name.
Rivera is in a make or break season. Any trade he makes will be for a vet, not an unproven rookie. Our O line is average at best that was much better at run blocking than pass protection. Taylor’s mobility covered up a
lot.

Maybe the new OC can sell Ron on bringing in Jimmy G. From a fan standpoint its Lamar, Rodgers, or bust.

They 9ers know he’s the better QB that’s why he was named the starter this season.
He gets hurts 1st game of the season all a sudden Purdy is better?
I’m sure Purdy will be the starter tho

That Privilege is real 👍

There's definitely privilege that exist in the NFL, but this ain't that at all.
This is about results. Trey had the same line, and same weapons. He didn't look good.
Dude can't even throw spirals. You can say he's more athletic, but you can't tell me he's more talented.
Brock has come in reached the NFC championship, while going undefeated and setting rookie playoff records.

There's definitely privilege that exist in the NFL, but this ain't that at all.
This is about results. Trey had the same line, and same weapons. He didn't look good.
Dude can't even throw spirals. You can say he's more athletic, but you can't tell me he's more talented.
Brock has come in reached the NFC championship, while going undefeated and setting rookie playoff records.
Trey had CMC
He had a healthy Kittle?

Stop it

In all seriousness Trey isn’t going to get a fair shot with the 49ers. It sucks, but it is what it is. That injury was devastating on that end. I do agree with the him not getting to play with CMC and having a healthy Kittle part too.

Put him on a team like Carolina or Atlanta where he can actually play and develop without crazy expectations. That would be the best situation for him. The potential is there. He needs to play regularly though and be allowed to shake that rust off.

They 9ers know he’s the better QB that’s why he was named the starter this season.
He gets hurts 1st game of the season all a sudden Purdy is better?
I’m sure Purdy will be the starter tho

That Privilege is real 👍
All the murmurs were that Lance wasn’t looking good in the practice/offseason. They named him QB because of everything they invested in him. If SF makes the SB, don’t know how you can go back to Lance. Needs to be an open competition at the minimum. Lance needs reps badly. He’s basically sat out 3 consecutive seasons of football at this point. That’s tough for the development of any QB, and even more so for someone who is raw.

Brock Purdy has already accomplished more than Derek Carr and people had no problem making him a starter. He also has the same number of playoff wins as Kirk Cousins.......

IM JUST SAYING
He’s in a perfect situation for him with maybe the best offensive mind in football. Those QB wins aren’t HIS stat.

Trey had CMC
He had a healthy Kittle?

Stop it

That's true, but CMC & Kittle have nothing to do with his inability to throw the football.
Since 2019, Lance has played a whopping 17 games of football. 16 of those came in 2019.
Dude has thrown 420 passes since 2019.
Furthermore, based on Niner inside rumblings, tape, stats, and win/loss record, Lance has shown us absolutely NOTHING to prove why he's the guy over Purdy or Jimmy G.
They probably would have moved on from him by now had they not given up so much to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom