NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lived in Dallas for a year and in Houston now. Know plenty. But this was a joke lol. This is becoming funnier.
You lived in Dallas for a year
I’m presuming this was within the last 10yrs

So tell me how often were you talking sports with a Cowboys fan and they started talking about the Super Bowls the Cowboys won in the 70s?

Or started ranting about the loss to the 49ers in the 81 nfc championship game?

Quite a bit. This really really bothering you? After all it was something you brought up lol.

Quite a bit. This really really bothering you? After all it was something you brought up lol.
Not bothered at all….just shedding light on the BS that has taken over talking sports

I posted that to see the reactions and you dove in head first 🌊🤿

Didn’t use to be like this but when you have dudes with journalism degrees walking around with theme music this is what you get

AJ Green was an absolute pleasure to watch his first 6-7 years, and then it completely fell apart. :frown:

Brady literally came through during the same era that he did :lol:, Peyton too

But look at Brady’s numbers after the rules changes in like 2007 - present. It’s night and day.

Dilfer was talking about the rules changes and how the NFL promotes the pass. It’s no secret passing numbers have gone up, rushing has gone down. Use to be 10-20 1000 yard rushers per season. Now it’s like 7-10 1000 yard rushes.

QBs getting 4500 and 5000 yard passing seasons on routine.

But look at Brady’s numbers after the rules changes in like 2007 - present. It’s night and day.

Dilfer was talking about the rules changes and how the NFL promotes the pass. It’s no secret passing numbers have gone up, rushing has gone down. Use to be 10-20 1000 yard rushers per season. Now it’s like 7-10 1000 yard rushes.

QBs getting 4500 and 5000 yard passing seasons on routine.

Yep. Dilfer ain't wrong. He's not propping himself up and was mostly self-deprecating in that doc. And I say that because that's where the argument always goes..."He sucks! What does he know!" :lol:

The game is waaaay different. I don't know where the exact cut off was but I'd safely say that the era prior to 2010 was a different game. The rules catering to offenses is OD and "touching" the QB won't change at this point.

The game is waaaay different. I don't know where the exact cut off was but I'd safely say that the era prior to 2010 was a different game. The rules catering to offenses is OD and "touching" the QB won't change at this point.

Exactly! It’s a completely different game.

12 teams had 4000+ pass yards in 2021…

1 team had 4000 pass yards in 2001

In 1997? No teams had over 4000 total passing yards.

League Average was 3880 in 2022, 3200 in 2001, and 3200 in 1998.

So that means a LOT of average QBs are putting up prolific numbers. Since people like to crap on the old school QBs.

Guys were getting their heads knocked off while their receivers were getting jammed at the line as well :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom