NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FoOf0YJaEAARKbm.jpg

The progression of his tats

unfinished_horse.jpg

Love how nobody's got a problem with everyone's fav over the years AR getting discredited too as long as their boogeyman is :lol:

Shameless.

By the same logic, the dudes getting hyped up nowadays aren't impressive either because of the rules when that's BS :lol:. Give me Mahomes over damn near anyone else from that era

Depends on what dudes we talking about getting hyped up cause of the numbers. Matt Ryan (my guy but being honest) rivers, kirk. Their numbers cause of longevity look elite but we got eyes and know they weren’t that. Good players but nothing more than that

Depends on what dudes we talking about getting hyped up cause of the numbers. Matt Ryan (my guy but being honest) rivers, kirk. Their numbers cause of longevity look elite but we got eyes and know they weren’t that. Good players but nothing more than that
That may be the case but a few of them would still be elite no matter the era they play in.You might not get gaudy numbers like now but still think the top end guys would still translate success.

Your Staffords, Kirk's and Ryan's might come back to earth but I doubt the elite would be average or bums all of a sudden.

It's funny though how Brady played those Ravens squads for longer than Dilfer played for them and he garnered much more respect from those guys, Reed and Lewis, than he ever did :lol:

That may be the case but a few of them would still be elite no matter the era they play in.You might not get gaudy numbers like now but still think the top end guys would still translate success.

Your Staffords, Kirk's and Ryan's might come back to earth but I doubt the elite would be average or bums all of a sudden.
I don’t think he was saying they would be bums tho just that they gaudy numbers wouldn’t be the same and that would look less impressive or unattainable. I don’t think anyone would have a problem with what he said if he didn’t put names to it cause in general we all agree with that

I don’t think he was saying they would be bums tho just that they gaudy numbers wouldn’t be the same and that would look less impressive or unattainable. I don’t think anyone would have a problem with what he said if he didn’t put names to it cause in general we all agree with that
Brady's said similar things without discrediting today's guys :lol:

He's got insight since he played in that era just like dude

Brady is the #1 benefactor of what he’s talking about in the video though! Brady is my GOAT but he knows the rules are heavily swayed towards offense.

QBs and receivers literally look for flags.

Receivers be in mid route, get their ankles bit by a mosquito and cry for a flag.

QBs get hit an automatically throw tantrums, looking for a flag

QBs are throwing the ball MORE…. But the total number of interceptions has gone down year after year.

Dudes were throwing 20 INTs regularly in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s

Marino, Favre and Peyton all have multiple 20 INT seasons.

Eli was the last guy routinely throwing 20 INTs.

The rules are unbalanced (which is cool, we all want more scoring) but let’s not act like it doesn’t make these numbers astronomical.

5000 yards, 45 TDs and 10 INTs? Those type of numbers use to be rare as hell

The league average was 21 ints in 1985, 17 in 1998, and 13 last year in 2022.

Is that skill and talent improving, or rules?

That’s kinda my point Brady said the same no one questioned it cause we all generally agree. Dilfer say the same but put names to it in Brady and Rodgers cause it’s true it would affect their numbers too. Not make them not elite but effect their numbers too and people got a problem with it

QBs are throwing the ball MORE…. But the total number of interceptions has gone down year after year.

Dudes were throwing 20 INTs regularly in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s

Marino, Favre and Peyton all have multiple 20 INT seasons.

Eli was the last guy routinely throwing 20 INTs.

The rules are unbalanced (which is cool, we all want more scoring) but let’s not act like it doesn’t make these numbers astronomical.

5000 yards, 45 TDs and 10 INTs? Those type of numbers use to be rare as hell

The league average was 21 ints in 1985, 17 in 1998, and 13 last year in 2022.

Is that skill and talent improving, or rules?
Play design is a factor as well though its more impacted by the factors already listed. I’d be curious to see how air yards per pass attempt and target share to RBs have changed over the years. That could also explain the drop in INTs. Also the criteria for PI calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom