NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Dilfer ain't wrong. He's not propping himself up and was mostly self-deprecating in that doc. And I say that because that's where the argument always goes..."He sucks! What does he know!" :lol:

The game is waaaay different. I don't know where the exact cut off was but I'd safely say that the era prior to 2010 was a different game. The rules catering to offenses is OD and "touching" the QB won't change at this point.
He played all of that decade though and still did what he did :lol:

His team is partly responsible for the rule change too, they manhandled Indy's frail WR's one too many times in the postseason that they went running to the league office and got the rules changed to give WR's more space/separation than ever and put DB's at a permanent disadvantage.

I agree it's gotten completely one sided and out of hand now though with rules overwhelmingly being in favor of the offense.

It's a different game now but Dilfer acting like he played in a whole different era as him is disingenous as hell :lol:, they were both there for the early to mid 2000's when the game was still how it was during his career.

The bulk of the impactful changes took place after he retired

:lol:

20230206_174055.jpg

Glad to see the Deacon mention :pimp:

Feels like he's become a little underrated since his passing, dude is the whole reason 'sacks' even became a thing that was recorded :lol:

On a somewhat related note, small Mississippi Valley State really produced 2 :emoji_goat:'s in Deacon Jones and Jerry Rice :sick"

The Vikings might have just hired the best defensive coordinator in the league? Can’t say that without homerism usually.

Is FiveThirtyEight still bangin, haven’t heard of them much since the 2016 debacle

He played all of that decade though and still did what he did

I'm not talking about Brady...I think he's insinuating Brady doing what he did at his age. Maybe he didn't mean it that way, but I was simply just saying he's right about QB these days. I'm not taking anything away from Brady. If anything you can use Brady as an example. His numbers were very good pre-2010...the Moss season an anomaly in this context because post-2010...he exploded! No doubt he got better, but consistently over 4k in passing, a couple 5k seasons...part of that was the new rules...no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom