NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Broke my heart.
I remember when my dad found out they were going to wear blue, he freaked out saying they lost SB 3, they were in Blue. Old man was right.

2 things that ****** up this game. If Garcon didnt drop the most likely TD just before the half, Sean Payton wouldnt have tried that onside kick. And 2nd, Hank Baskett sucks.

Yes I am still salty. :lol:

That 09 Colts team should have went 16-0 and won the SB. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Eli threw 20 INTs 3 seasons out of 16 years. Not really routinely.

From that 2000 - 2005 or so era when guys like Eli, Philip, Drew Brees, Roethlisberg, etc we’re mainstays.

Eli and Phillip both had 3 season of 20+.

Brees only had one, Ben had one, Tom Brady never had 20+.

Even NcNabb had none and Dante Culpepper had one.

So yeah, Eli had more 20 INT seasons than basically everyone other than Rivers

Play design is a factor as well though its more impacted by the factors already listed. I’d be curious to see how air yards per pass attempt and target share to RBs have changed over the years. That could also explain the drop in INTs. Also the criteria for PI calls.

You do know a lot of teams ran the run and shoot in those days too? Detroit, Oilers and even Buffalo use to run a lot of 5 wide, one or no back.

It’s clearly the rules.

And the west coast offense

Still remember Brees son afterwards :lol:

This is him now

hr1qpnb9qffzezymcs9y

I was in the Philippines when this game happened. It was difficult Was staying with family who had no cable TV, so had to find a sports bar that was open at 4AM to catch the game. that **** was easier said than done out there. Luckily a TGIF was opened and there was like 5 of us in there - me and my brother, 2 other folks and the person cooking/serving who was probably the manager :lol:

Last edited:
From that 2000 - 2005 or so era when guys like Eli, Philip, Drew Brees, Roethlisberg, etc we’re mainstays.

Eli and Phillip both had 3 season of 20+.

Brees only had one, Ben had one, Tom Brady never had 20+.

Even NcNabb had none and Dante Culpepper had one.

So yeah, Eli had more 20 INT seasons than basically everyone other than Rivers
I get what you were saying. The point was you said consistently. It was 3 seasons out of a 16 yr career. That’s not consistently.

Bill joins around 12 mins in

if Brady can work on his booth presence and delivery over the next year, the insight he's gonna offer should be good. we already knew it but Bill going on and on about his ability to see the field and diagnose plays, along with the recall, makes it pretty exciting for what he can offer from the booth. hopefully that's what we get from him rather than just superficial BS

if Brady can work on his booth presence and delivery over the next year, the insight he's gonna offer should be good. we already knew it but Bill going on and on about his ability to see the field and diagnose plays, along with the recall, makes it pretty exciting for what he can offer from the booth. hopefully that's what we get from him rather than just superficial BS

He isn't starting the broadcasting gig until 2024, so I presume he'll either spend this season learning and studying broadcasting or starting under center for the Raiders.

good move of the 9ers getting wilks..

probably a good move for wilks too, given how many minority coaches they've had hired as HCs

good move of the 9ers getting wilks..

probably a good move for wilks too, given how many minority coaches they've had hired as HCs
We’ll have him 2 years max.

Can’t imagine walking into a coordinator roll with All Pros at all levels.

QAaron would definitely be living on a homestead in Portland, fixing bikes and selling homemade kombucha and coffee beans in his spare time if he wasn't a football player :lol:

Trent Dilfer being mid really preventing people from understanding what he was saying :lol: Man knows he mid too wasn’t trying to big himself up and go “but me I was fye”

Drives me nuts how people can't separate what's being said vs whose saying it

It’s always funny cause most analysts were mid :lol:

I'm developing a theory that those who are greats, they've been in the spotlight their whole career and are mostly robots with their responses. They carry that into broadcasting and don't wanna hurt feelings because of their reputation so theyre bland and don't last.

Those that were mid know it and can speak about it easier because they don't have the same legacy to protect with their words.

Trent Dilfer is very very knowledgeable, but his aggressive demeanor on top of being the lower end of the mid spectrum automatically discredits him by many...which I don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom