NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Famb…I don’t mind the board members not having non-profit backgrounds but how are your operating expenses like 1.7X what you donated? $4.7MM missing is A LOT. Hope he can explain this because seems real :emoji_fish: :emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish: :emoji_fish:
It reads like his organization is basically a holding company that collects then passes donations to grassroots orgs. Its the same thing these big corporations do when they ask you to donate at the register.

Yes the board salaries seem excessive and you’d hope to achieve a better ROI on whatever fundraising expenses you’ve incurred, but I’ve never ran a charity. And at least some money (read: millions) made it where it should’ve. Bad business isn’t always criminal. That scum Favre stole tax payer money set aside specifically for underprivileged kids.

These are not the same and sbnation trash for making that comparison.

I swear Michael Irvin be on good behavior for like 5-10 years….. then some hubbub happens :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If guilty, smh. If not, shame on her.

It reads like his organization is basically a holding company that collects then passes donations to grassroots orgs. Its the same thing these big corporations do when they ask you to donate at the register.

Yes the board salaries seem excessive and you’d hope to achieve a better ROI on whatever fundraising expenses you’ve incurred, but I’ve never ran a charity. And at least some money (read: millions) made it where it should’ve. Bad business isn’t always criminal. That scum Favre stole tax payer money set aside specifically for underprivileged kids.

These are not the same and sbnation trash for making that comparison.

So wait - are you saying more money than the $2.8M reported as being passed on to charitable activities was actually donated? Because it sounds like you’re referencing passthrough donations (one nonprofit raising money for another nonprofit), which aren’t reported as revenue. It could be a chunk of that revenue was from unrelated activities and was rightfully taxed, though. Probably not enough information available online to make this into a credible story to defame Russ because 501c3’s are very tricky.

Anyway, I agree that they had no business putting this story out there because it is way too easy to dupe the average reader into thinking it’s a scam but you really need to look at their books to tell the full story. Scumbags trying to disperse a black QB :smh: |l

20230209_191106.jpg

Class gets announced tonight

So wait - are you saying more money than the $2.8M reported as being passed on to charitable activities was actually donated? Because it sounds like you’re referencing passthrough donations (one nonprofit raising money for another nonprofit), which aren’t reported as revenue. It could be a chunk of that revenue was from unrelated activities and was rightfully taxed, though. Probably not enough information available online to make this into a credible story to defame Russ because 501c3’s are very tricky.

Anyway, I agree that they had no business putting this story out there because it is way too easy to dupe the average reader into thinking it’s a scam but you really need to look at their books to tell the full story. Scumbags trying to disperse a black QB :smh: |l
No, the other 4-5 mil in revenue was used for overhead to overpay his friends/associates and throw expensive fundraisers that probably didn’t raise more than they cost. Apparently the BBB’s general rule is 35% for overhead, 65% for charitable programs.

Again, I just take exception to the Favre comparison. Article feels like deflection and an attempt to kick a man while he’s down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom