NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is EB a victim of racism that is prevalent in the NFL? Yes, but not in the way people think. EB is a bad guy that can coach. If he were white the owners would be willing to overlook his past but the racism part comes into play in that he isn’t given the same shot a white coach with similar credentials would get. If you’re Black you have to not only be a great coach but a great person with a spotless personal record. These owners only want to take on his bad image if they know whether he can coach which is also racist. If he were white they would give him a shot.
Well said

EB might just also be an awful interview.

might be.. but aint no way alot of these white dudes would get a job if that was really it

hell look at hoodie and some of his assistants who got jobs

and I love Andy, but he doesn’t seem like the type who would impress you in an interview now and I could only imagine way back in late 90s when he still was a position coach

Oh wow., EB was the OG Nastee Boy™ :wow: :smh:

Heard about him doing stuff in college....but didn't know it was to that level.

Can understood better now why he hasn't gotten a HC gig yet when he has proven he's more than qualified.

The minute he got it, an article would drop with all his past transgressions and he would be put through the ringer in his introductory presser.

Like you said aepps20 aepps20 it's tough enough getting a HC job as a black head coach, doubly tough bringing someone on with all that baggage.

Can understood better now why he hasn't gotten a HC gig yet when he has proven he's more than qualified.

The minute he got it, an article would drop with all his past transgressions and he would be put through the ringer in his introductory presser.

Like you said aepps20 aepps20 it's tough enough getting a HC job as a black head coach, doubly tough bringing someone on with all that baggage.

while I agree with everything you’ve said.. nfl don’t give a crap as long as you can help them win

them dudes well aware nothing lasts long

they made what was happening with kaep worse because of how they dealt with it.. which made them adapt to how they dealt with flores

but they know because of nastee boy, if the act like ain’t shh happened people will move on real quick

He truly is the OG. When word got out the Broncos were considering him before they hired Vic, local news stayed pulling this information out. Not that it means anything but Everytime EB's name is mentioned in my barbershop, everyone agrees that he should get a shot but someone always says "he did some wild things in Boulder". Then the conversation goes to how wild he was and how the 00s rape scandal at CU is probably hurting him too.

EB deserves a head coaching opportunity but the runaround he's been getting the last few years makes more sense.

NFL knows it would a be PR nightmare for them and they would have to do some shenanigans to try and alleviate the controversy.

Look how they OD'd with the Damar Hamlin tributes the following weekend when they told the Bills and Bengals to "take 5 minutes" and get back on the field.

Not to mention the half-assed Sean Taylor "tributes" the WTFs do anytime some of Dan Snyder's ******* becomes public knowledge

Would it really be a nightmare given the history of the league and how they've acted on other stuff? Highly doubt it

Things go away relatively quick for a few reasons as well. I doubt they're sweating his hire as a HC from a public relations matter or bottom line matter

I’d get the EB stuff if not for the whole other shh with the league

like for example everything about that one dude in Dallas who got caught on the draft live cam trying take panty shots of Jerry’s daughter and had stuff with the cheerleaders

and that’s before we get to all the Washington stuff

thar don’t make the EB stuff better or worse.. but the league clearly don’t give a sh

thar don’t make the EB stuff better or worse.. but the league clearly don’t give a sh
That's all there is to it. There's clearly different rules but If they don't want to hire him based off that. I'm good with it

It's just the interview /Andy runs the offense stuff should die at this point.

Stand on you're not going to give him grace for his past. Which I'm not mad at either. Different rules for some but I'm not gonna defend it either

yeah in a vacuum the EB stuff from his past is bad. but then in the reality of the NFL we got guys like Mixon, Hill, Big Ben, etc that are super stars no one is shy about signing and lauding for their on the field abilities

like for example everything about that one dude in Dallas who got caught on the draft live cam trying take panty shots of Jerry’s daughter and had stuff with the cheerleaders

and that’s before we get to all the Washington stuff

Deshaun got the largest guaranteed contract in NFL history. Clearly the league has a pretty high tolerance for this ****

yeah in a vacuum the EB stuff from his past is bad. but then in the reality of the NFL we got guys like Mixon, Hill, Big Ben, etc that are super stars no one is shy about signing and lauding for their on the field abilities

it ain’t even just the players stuff

the stuff with the owners goes away real quick

snyder supposedly getting up out the paint.. but jerruh was/is a whole mess.. plus others

and I vaguely remember stuff with other coachss that popped up and got swept under the rug

seems convenient as hell to say EB has stuff that won’t go away when everything else does and you’re continue to infer/allude to some shh

At the end of day, we are all complicit.
talladega-nights-the-ballad-of-ricky-bobby-dont-you-put-that-evil-on-me.gif

It’s sad that they’re judging EB for things he did when he was in his early 20s.

nah.. f that

judge away.. but make sure the person has legit changed from the person they were when they did the dumb shh

look at jerry Jones for example and how he addressed the photo of him from his childhood

an 80 year old dude couldn’t admit he was wrong

and yet he faces zero questions just a few months removed from that resurfacing

he isn’t asked follow up questions on the position he took towards kaep.. or anything else given the power he has over an overwhelmingly black labor force that makes him billions

nah.. f that

judge away.. but make sure the person has legit changed from the person they were when they did the dumb shh

look at jerry Jones for example and how he addressed the photo of him from his childhood

an 80 year old dude couldn’t admit he was wrong

and yet he faces zero questions just a few months removed from that resurfacing

he isn’t asked follow up questions on the position he took towards kaep.. or anything else given the power he has over an overwhelmingly black labor force that makes him billions
I remember reading somewhere where EB spoke about how he’s learned from his mistakes and changed as a man.

Deshaun got the largest guaranteed contract in NFL history. Clearly the league has a pretty high tolerance for this ****

it ain’t even just the players stuff

the stuff with the owners goes away real quick

snyder supposedly getting up out the paint.. but jerruh was/is a whole mess.. plus others

and I vaguely remember stuff with other coachss that popped up and got swept under the rug

seems convenient as hell to say EB has stuff that won’t go away when everything else does and you’re continue to infer/allude to some shh

I think there are different rules and standards for owners vs. players vs. coaches. Basically they are in different tiers of what they can get away with.

Owners are at the top - they are billionaires who REALLY run the league.

Players - if you have talent, especially elite talent ala Big Ben, DW4, AB etc. you will have a place in the league regardless of your shenanigans because you possess a rare talent that Tier 1 (Owners) highly value

Coaches - the pool is so large and the position is so expendable that there isn’t much room for error in your behavior.

Just basing that off what we’ve seen and how the three tiers treated over the years. Not saying it’s right but that list of priors is probably more damning for EB than his skin color. Like someone said - as soon as he gets hired as a HC, detailed accounts of his history will come out and no owner/GM wants to deal with that to start a tenure, black or white.

I think there are different rules and standards for owners vs. players vs. coaches. Basically they are in different tiers of what they can get away with.

Owners are at the top - they are billionaires who REALLY run the league.

Players - if you have talent, especially elite talent ala Big Ben, DW4, AB etc. you will have a place in the league regardless of your shenanigans because you possess a rare talent that Tier 1 (Owners) highly value

Coaches - the pool is so large and the position is so expendable that there isn’t much room for error in your behavior.

Just basing that off what we’ve seen and how the three tiers treated over the years. Not saying it’s right but that list of priors is probably more damning for EB than his skin color. Like someone said - as soon as he gets hired as a HC, detailed accounts of his history will come out and no owner/GM wants to deal with that to start a tenure, black or white.

of course there are different rules depending on where you are in the food chain

but they keep alluding to stuff as an excuse.. obviously not the same but they did the same thing with kaep

they kept telling us how bad kaep was, only thing is we were watching and continued to watch.. so we saw the horrible QBs who kept getting chances

we see the stuff that gets ignored when convenient.. and we see how quickly stuff goes away

hell speaking of head coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom