NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steichen getting the Colts HC job after basically one amazing, breakout season from Hurts and the Eagles offense.

shane and demeco were 2 obvious hires this cycle.. outside of EB

But Shane was the OC for herbert’s rookie year.. and cant forget dude was involved with switching up our offense in hurts 1st year as a starter and we ended up making a run and getting to the playoffs

it‘s gannon who I have zero clue how he got a HC job.. as I said in the SB thread, I would have understood if our QB coach Brian Johnson (who was formerly an OC at UF) got a HC job before gannon

of course there are different rules depending on where you are in the food chain

but they keep alluding to stuff as an excuse.. obviously not the same but they did the same thing with kaep

they kept telling us how bad kaep was, only thing is we were watching and continued to watch.. so we saw the horrible QBs who kept getting chances

we see the stuff that gets ignored when convenient.. and we see how quickly stuff goes away

hell speaking of head coaches

Came here to bring up Patricia

nah.. f that

judge away.. but make sure the person has legit changed from the person they were when they did the dumb shh

look at jerry Jones for example and how he addressed the photo of him from his childhood

an 80 year old dude couldn’t admit he was wrong

and yet he faces zero questions just a few months removed from that resurfacing

he isn’t asked follow up questions on the position he took towards kaep.. or anything else given the power he has over an overwhelmingly black labor force that makes him billions
86090358-6D5A-4CCF-B76B-355AC16EBBED.png

The disconnect to me is that the mainstream media seems to gloss over his past. Like they keep asking why he isn't getting a job and then talk about him maybe not being a good interviewer, potentially being overshadowed by Andy Reid, etc. but if it weren't for NT I would have never known he did dirt.

Is it because no one wants to be seen as trying to assassinate his character?

The disconnect to me is that the mainstream media seems to gloss over his past. Like they keep asking why he isn't getting a job and then talk about him maybe not being a good interviewer, potentially being overshadowed by Andy Reid, etc. but if it weren't for NT I would have never known he did dirt.

NT NFL Thread > Main Stream Media

I think the media is waiting for him to get the job before destroying him. In this market it looks bad to kick someone while they're down and would be clear evidence of racism. Media is too smart to play that game.

I think the media is waiting for him to get the job before destroying him. In this market it looks bad to kick someone while they're down and would be clear evidence of racism. Media is too smart to play that game.

I was lowkey thinking this but thought maybe I was going too far. Sad that you are probably right |l

Imo dudes like Brian Flores and Steve Wilks have a legit gripe. Jim Caldwell and Vance Joseph as well.

I was aware of Bieniemy’s past. All his incidents aside from the dui were in the early 90’s. Doesn’t dismiss any of the stuff. But if he’s been on a straight path ever since. You can make the case people grow and mature.

That said. If there’s credibility to what Lesean McCoy has been saying about Bieniemy in that he treats his players poorly and is always getting into stuff with his players. I could see that being a big hinderance to him getting a job.

But I agree with what aepps20 aepps20 said. If he does get a head coaching job, all the stories about his past are going to suddenly get pushed to the forefront by the media despite that same information about his past being available all this time.

I’m not going to parse Bieniemy’s past. I don’t believe owners are afraid of public backlash for his past and nothing in the past 20 years would suggest he’s at risk of some relapse. The Trailblazers caught some heat initially for the Billups hire but I haven’t heard anything since.

Bieniemy has the resume and accolades. His past is a knock against him but I honestly don’t think its a significant factor. All that matters to these owners is winning and he’s a proven winner.

But it ain’t like dude ain’t high profile already

How many OCs or assistant coaches are as well known right now?

this. they're running the show so they for sure will forgive their own transgressions

Yup.. amazing how quick the Ross wanting to throw games and gambling implications went aware.

Pretty sure Snyder getting up out the paint because he was screwing other owners and they finally got tired of dude.. plus him squandering what was typical a good market for them

No one in the league messes with Juju huh :lol:

Feels like everyone and their mother got shots in after that Bradberry tweet :rofl:

Saving the big talking points for the slow news days.

IATT IATT you got any good mock draft sites you check out?

Been listening to the pff guys on position groups.. but I don’t even remember who all I follow anymore

Obviously I know what we need and just trying see who’s realistic

But I know the ringer draft stuff will kick up now with the season over.. the fantasy pod kicks over to draft stuff

No one in the league messes with Juju huh :lol:

Feels like everyone and their mother got shots in after that Bradberry tweet :rofl:

He does himself no favors with the Tik tok and social media. Older players see him as a clown. He’s been in the league so long we forget he’s only 26 tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom